Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]I’ve been working on this map off an on again for a while now, the PoD is an Austrian victory in the war of Bavarian Succession. Feel free to ask any question.
[/FONT]

WIP.png

[FONT=&quot]I’ve been working on this map off an on again for a while now, the PoD is an Austrian victory in the war of Bavarian Succession. Feel free to ask any question.
[/FONT]

I do like the non-straight line U.S.-Canada border, but I'm a little dubious of the way mega-Argentina has eviscerated Brazil. That bit they've annexed may not look like much, but it has a huge chunk of the population.

[/FONT]

What year? I do like the modernized Korea bossing around Japan.

I agree with Kaiphranos about South America, maybe have *Argentina annex less of Brazil directly and instead have some breakaway states in the north (Amazonas, Pernambuco, maybe?). Add some more states to South America.

I do like the non-straight line U.S.-Canada border, but I'm a little dubious of the way mega-Argentina has eviscerated Brazil. That bit they've annexed may not look like much, but it has a huge chunk of the population.

[FONT=&quot]Glad you like that, I’m not a fan of the straight line border myself. The basic idea I had that is behind the eviscerated Brazil is a surviving United Provinces of the Río de la Plata that wins a Mexican-American style war. But with the heavy population in the south I guess I didn’t think it through enough. If I’m looking for a South American analogue for the Mexican-American War would it be wiser to have a war between Gran Columbia and Brazil?[/FONT]

What year? I do like the modernized Korea bossing around Japan.

I agree with Kaiphranos about South America, maybe have *Argentina annex less of Brazil directly and instead have some breakaway states in the north (Amazonas, Pernambuco, maybe?). Add some more states to South America.

The year would be 1916. I've always loved Japan, but when I started the map I felt like I wanted a Korea that pulled a Meji.

Thanks for the advice on South America. I'll take it into account when I come out with version 2.0

What is the date?

[/FONT]

Too many of those borders are analogous to OTL. I'd suggest changing some, especially in Africa.

Aside from that, how did mega-Russia come about?

I figure I'll post this as I have'nt posted a map in awhile.
I spent last night and part of today doing it.

The below map shows the percentage of the worlds countries and territories population who use the Internet as of 2010.

The British Overseaes Territories, American Territories and French DOM/COM/TOM (unless uninhabited) are shown seperately from the Metropoles, as are the Isle of Mann and Channel Islands.

2010 Internet Percent by Country.png

Last edited:
[/FONT]

S. America and Australia bother me...

Portuguese Africa needs some subdivisions. Like French East Africa though!

What's up with Greece?

My first serious map, which is why it isn't very good. It's the ever rare Spain-Wank, with some Rus-Wank, Swede-wank and Mughal-wank thrown in for good measure.
Not bad, the Spanish subdivision borders could be better though - Patagonia would be virtually unpopulated while the Louisiana/New Barcelona border would be better following the Appalachians for example.

Before anyone decides to point this out, please know that I am aware that this map is somewhat implausible. I am also aware that the imperial province/territory names are barely, if at all, readable - it was intentional, unfortunately, since I don't know any alternative far-eastern Russian territory names.
Just echoing others that the first thing I thought was 'EU3'!

I haven't made a blue-and-black futuristic map since I've discovered paths.

Here's a quicky:
Nice style. Looks good.

I figure I'll post this as I have'nt posted a map in awhile.
I spent last night and part of today doing it.

The below map shows the percentage of the worlds countries and territories population who use the Internet as of 2010.

The British Overseaes Territories, American Territories and French DOM/COM/TOM (unless uninhabited) are shown seperately from the Metropoles, as are the Isle of Mann and Channel Islands.
I'm surprised the US %age isn't higher.

Before anyone decides to point this out, please know that I am aware that this map is somewhat implausible. I am also aware that the imperial province/territory names are barely, if at all, readable - it was intentional, unfortunately, since I don't know any alternative far-eastern Russian territory names.

You can find the FULL SIZED ( 2550x750 resolution ) image by clicking here and selecting 'Download Image'. Posting the full sized image here would stretch the forums way too much...

empire_of_lithuania_by_gtd_orion-d53cul9.png

This is all that can be done in the face of such mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.