Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The REALLY Great Game

One day I thought to myself, "What would the world need to look like for the British to make the Great Game their first priority when it came to foreign policy?" I decided that it would probably need to look something like this. The POD is that from 1800 on, the Russians did everything right and everyone else made every possible mistake when dealing with them. ASB, I know, but I thought it would be fun.

It's worth mentioning that the USA in this TL is NOT Britain's friend. They have a "we'll see who gets there first" agreement with Russia if/when they invade Canada.

rusworld.png

Napoleon was sent to the Ottomans in this TL, prompting them to support France and allow the French to control Europe. Napoleon eventually returned to France to become president, but was unable to become Emperor.

I care more about liberating India from British oppression.

One day I thought to myself, "What would the world need to look like for the British to make the Great Game their first priority when it came to foreign policy?" I decided that it would probably need to look something like this. The POD is that from 1800 on, the Russians did everything right and everyone else made every possible mistake when dealing with them. ASB, I know, but I thought it would be fun.

It's worth mentioning that the USA in this TL is NOT Britain's friend. They have a "we'll see who gets there first" agreement with Russia if/when they invade Canada.

Russian colonies? In AFRICA?!

:eek:

Just a quickie map based off a Vicky I game as the Ottomans. Featuring such fun things as a fascist USA, a way bigger Russia, and some communist south Americans.

Ottoman Vicky Game World Map 1925.PNG

I don't want to argue against the badassitude of the British Empire, but they seem pretty screwed in this scenario.

Bruce

Napoleon was sent to the Ottomans in this TL, prompting them to support France and allow the French to control Europe. Napoleon eventually returned to France to become president, but was unable to become Emperor.

Hey, me likes. You do good maps, B.

Bruce

What does that Russian text say?

What does that Russian text say?
It was about saving the fellow Slavs from oppression in Europe and some other things that I'm can't totally remember. At least I think that's what it says bt someone who actually knows the language had me change it so for all I know it is now advertising a carwash in St. Petersburg.;)

I don't want to argue against the badassitude of the British Empire, but they seem pretty screwed in this scenario.

Bruce

Yeah, but Russia and the US didn't get that big without pissing a lot of people off (Poles, Germans, Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians, Romanians, Bulgarians, Turks, Persians, Arabs, Chinese, Japanese etc.), so they might have a few internal problems if they try to start a war.

Here's something I've been working on lately - the world of Year Zero by the Nine Inch Nails. The alternate world is described in an alternate reality game that was used to market NIN's album of the same name. In the ARG, a group of scientists manage to send fragments of websites back in time that describe the world they live in as a warning. There isn't a lot of depth relating to world events so I did the best with what I could.

The basic premise is that America turns into an authoritarian, semi-theocracy. In 2009, LA was the site of a terrorist attack which forced the entire city to be abandoned. In retaliation, the U.S. nukes both North Korea an Iran and in the process gains the enmity of the entire Muslim world who form a united front and declare jihad. Meanwhile the Indo-Pakistani War erupts, with both sides ending up completely destroyed.

The American swing to the far-right becomes more and more apparent, as Congress suspends presidential elections and further restrictions are put on civil rights to the point where rock bands are raided by police. Separation of Church and State is completely eliminated. The government has even introduced a drug into drinking water which dulls emotions and allows the populace to be easily manipulated.

Politically, much of the western world has followed in the America's footsteps and are members of the U.S.-led Coalition for Peace - a global peacekeeping community made up of both corporations and countries. With the help of the Coalition for Peace, the U.S. has launched a new international calendar, designating 2022 as 0000 BA for when America is Born Again. Due to this, it's unknown if there is any opposition to America at all on the world stage.

The environment is also in shambles. Global sea levels have risen and natural disasters are more and more frequent. Temperature levels have risen to the point where baseball is played in February and Spring Break is held in Wisconsin. In response to the rapidly decreasing environmental conditions, most of Africa has collapsed into anarchy and the world is an overall bleak place. Perhaps the most chilling happening is a new phenomenon dubbed 'The Presence' (turn your speakers down). Originally thought to be a drug-induced hallucination, more and more people are reporting the sight of a ghostly arm reaching down from the sky and the anomaly is starting to appear over major cities...

I don't think I did the story justice. There's more info on Year Zero here:
http://www.ninwiki.com/Year_Zero_Timeline
As well as an in-universe timeline:
http://www.anotherversionofthetruth.com/revisionism.htm

Now for the map. I had to improvise quite a bit but I don't think this is too far off:

The darker blue is the United States, the lighter blue is the Coalition for Peace. The rest of the world isn't talked about so I didn't bother including it.

yearzero.png

Last edited:
Hoe the hell is Russia pink!
That is for Communist CHINA!

Depends on what color system you use.

In the TCS PRC Pink is meant for the a major state following a different version of a revolutionary ideology from a pre-established one.

Status
Not open for further replies.