Dominion of Southern America - Updated July 1, 2018

Glen

Actually, I meant the UK and Hanover again. I was referring to Prussia in the way that, when I raised them last time, people were speculating as to the relationship between the UK and Germany being the deciding factor in Prussia's future - i.e. if the UK and Germany were close, the UK would be unlikely to favour Prussia, whereas if Germany decides to attempt to rival the UK based on a perceived need to feel like they have "the dominant" Hanoverian line...

I should explain myself better next time. Sorry :eek:

Hey, I get confusing all the time!

I think historically we have seen that the internal politics of the country have driven international relations more than the relations of the sovereigns, except in rare instances. I think the relation between the UK and Germany will be no different in this regard.

does the song amazing grace still get written if so i can see the European fascination with native Americans can have the Cherokee version being huge:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYIjFtPQEk&feature=related

what is the % of welsh in Patagonia because i loved it if this song could be more important http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drVoJ7bRyg8

You may have a point... considering that the song Amazing Grace was writen by an American involved in the slave trade, it may have been butterflied away...

Hopefully the stylings of British accented Taylor Swift will make up for such a tragic loss!

You may have a point... considering that the song Amazing Grace was writen by an American involved in the slave trade, it may have been butterflied away...

Um I thought “amazing grace” were written by John Newton and published 1779, that is during the ARW but the POD should not have butterflyed it.

Um I thought “amazing grace” were written by John Newton and published 1779, that is during the ARW but the POD should not have butterflyed it.

I knew it was writen by John Newton, but I did not know it was writen that early! It may not be butterflied away then, which is great!

I still say we need a DSA Taylor Swift...

Hopefully the stylings of British accented Taylor Swift will make up for such a tragic loss!

only if she can write something other than love songs :p

Last edited:

Glen

My response to the Taylor Swift in DSA conversation got eaten, so I will summarize here.

A Taylor Swift analogue would indeed have a very similar accent to OTL's Taylor, albeit with perhaps a bit of a Scottish Burr added to the Southern Drawl if the analogue is from Arkansas. Her taste in boyfriends, alas, is still likely to be regretable.

Glen

does the song amazing grace still get written if so i can see the European fascination with native Americans can have the Cherokee version being huge:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYIjFtPQEk&feature=related

The hymn Amazing Grace will undoubtably still exist in some form, but the music for it may be different.

what is the % of welsh in Patagonia because i loved it if this song could be more important http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drVoJ7bRyg8

They are a minority but a sizable one. I think we can feel confident that song will be heard!

Glen

The words are actually from an English gentleman, and early enough that he will be fairly butterfly resistant.

The melody, on the other hand, was probably American after the POD - could still conceivably happen, but the smart money is a somewhat different melody.

Funny, very funny...

i was thinking more like my country tis of thee 1831 based on god save the queen/king or Hail Columbia 1789
but what were some french nationalistic songs i am ignorant to them:eek: i will fix that but help is welcomed.

i found this Chant de guerre pour l'Armée du Rhin it could be used for they army hymn coming out through french/ German immigrants or the Quebecois

Last edited:
Well, we shall see how the music scene takes shape. I still say British Talor Swift is needed! In hindsight, considering jazz and rock and roll will more then likely never exist, I think thats a fair trade.

Also, How is Mark Twain in this world? I would imagine he would be a tad different considering the Missisippi River is not just in the USA now.

For th record, my vote for National Anthem for the USA goes to either America the Beatiful or God Bless America

Last edited:
My response to the Taylor Swift in DSA conversation got eaten, so I will summarize here.

A Taylor Swift analogue would indeed have a very similar accent to OTL's Taylor, albeit with perhaps a bit of a Scottish Burr added to the Southern Drawl if the analogue is from Arkansas. Her taste in boyfriends, alas, is still likely to be regretable.

Glen

I got curious enough to Wiki her and that says that she was born in Pennsylvania so [butterflies ignored] would she be that much difference. Wouldn't comment on her love life as it only mentions a couple of fellows, although does sound like she's not having a lot of luck:(. She does seem to be very charitable through. :D

Steve