Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
...However, the first thing from 1940 which has told us nothing we didn't already know. Is it perhaps time to return to 1893? Pretty pretty please? :p

Funny you should say that...

Man, Austrian Sudetenland looks really awkward there. I understand the claims behind it, but just traveling around it looks to be a pain. Why wouldn't it be spun off as its own province or state or separate administrative district?

Well, I'd imagine the whole of the German Hapsburg Empire signed on to Germany as a bloc and was retained as such, and a seperate Sudetenland wouldn't really be any less awkward. It might also have some rather frantic politics: the Bohemian Germans (although not the Moravians so much) got pretty radicalised.

That's the answer basically- the Archduchy of Austria (though the ruler is still Emperor- it's complicated) was admitted in one go, and the Hapsburgs want to retain as much power under the new arragements as they can. Plus, the Sudetenland specifically wanted into Austria rather than Bohemia, so it would be a bit churlish to cut them loose... I was going to mark provinces in Austria like I did for Prussia, but decided against- may alter that at some point actually.

...I..I think I want to hug you. Can I hug you? That Prussia brings a tear to my eye.

It's OTL Prussia really- only extra bit they have is a chunk of Austrian Silesia reunited with the Prussian bit.

A bit surprised about the Trentino; I thought it was majority German?

The Sudtirol is, but that's retained in Austria; Trento was always majority Italian, which is why it's return was on the cards. The linguistic border is pretty much TTL's frontier.

Amazing map, but Bavaria looks submerged.

Yes, it's that shade of blue isn't it? I'm trying to make all my maps fit the same theme so I'm locked in with that for the time being. I will go back and change them all at some point though.

I agree with whoever said that Austria is the mother of Prussia. Austria is the grandmother of Germany. Therefore, everyone has to treat her nicely, or she'll sick the Hungarians on you. :p:D

~Salamon2

Last edited:
March 1943.
-The Alut Campaign continues; the Americans push further west in the islands during the harshness of winter. Japanese convoys continue to resupply Attu. A Japanese crusier and destroyer force attempts to attack the American force. Due to bad weather, no aircraft can be used. However, the battleships drive away the Japanese.
-Fiji is liberated by a joint Dutch-Aussie-American task force. Supply lanes to Auckland are once again open.
-The Japanese are now forced to divide their forces, though they still out number the allies. The Japanese decide to focus more on maintaining a base in the Northern Pacific and protecting Japane from possible invasions from the north.

1943-03.PNG

frances.png

There is no White Ship Disaster in 1120. William Adelin ascends the English throne as William III. Geoffrey Plantagenet marries Bertha, Duchess of Brittany. As OTL Eleanor of Aquitaine's first marriage to Louis VII is without issue, and in 1150 she takes Frederick Barbarossa for her husband :D

There is no White Ship Disaster in 1120. William Adelin ascends the English throne as William III. Geoffrey Plantagenet marries Bertha, Duchess of Brittany. As OTL Eleanor of Aquitaine's first marriage to Louis VII is without issue, and in 1150 she takes Frederick Barbarossa for her husband :D
How dare Barbarossa use the obvious early game exploit that is Eleanor d'Aquitaine! Cheater :mad:

Thande

Donor

Looks quite historical atlas-ish in style. Why isn't "Germanie" called Allemagne? I was under the impression that name went back a pretty long way in French.

Map of the US (loosely) based on the OTL proposal to make a western capital in Metropolis, IL. Here, the capital was moved there to take advantage of the transportation links provided by the Mississippi River and its tributaries.

Metropolis.png

Looks quite historical atlas-ish in style. Why isn't "Germanie" called Allemagne? I was under the impression that name went back a pretty long way in French.
I got confused because Alemannia is connected with Swabia, and Barbarossa was also duke of Swabia. For what it's worth French Wikipedia says
"Lorsque la couronne passa à une dynastie non-franque, les Ottoniens, le terme royaume des Teutons ou royaume teutonique (regnum Teutonicorum ou regnum Teutonicum) fut utilisé."
I don't speak French, but you get the idea. I changed it to Royaume des Teutons, as Frederick was a Rex Teutonicorum. ¯\(º_o)/¯

A map from one of my side projects.

The map shows Africa in the year 1900.

Liberia was essentially a near-complete failure, atleast as an independent state. Eventually the area was taken over by Britain and gave
its name to the colony established within the region.
Liberia has no single dominant group, being home to various African people's, Europeans and Chinese.
In terms of religion Christianity, indigenous beliefs and Islam all make up around equal parts, though their is a small Buddhist minority.
Liberia is the second most developed colony in Africa after New Kildare.

New Kildare, as a result of the Irish settling among the colonies, rather than in other countries, is majority Irish, and is among the
most developed colonies.

Following the conquer and annexation of Ethiopia the Tigrayland colony was created out of the territory the Tigray people lived,
both as a reward for helping the British and to reduce Ethiopia's influence.
Tigrayland has a moderate British population at around 12% of the overall populace.
Tigrayland, while not as developed as Liberia, New Kildare or South Africa has received significant investment in infrastructure and
general development since its founding.

BA Africa 1900.png

April 1943
-No Change in territories.
-Japanese station of fleet at Truk, ready to strike at Fiji.
-Supply begin to flow into Auckland; harbor facilities and dry docks expanded.
-Japanese carrier strike on Attu damages the Montana. Land based American planes hit the Japanese, as do carrier planes. A Japanese light carrier is sunk.

1943-04.PNG

Map of the US (loosely) based on the OTL proposal to make a western capital in Metropolis, IL. Here, the capital was moved there to take advantage of the transportation links provided by the Mississippi River and its tributaries.
Why would that POD result in the subjugation of Northern Maine?

Status
Not open for further replies.