Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you're right :p Just never heard that title before ;)

Federated Kingdom sounds better IMO, which is why if I go that route I use it.

IOTL the UAE is the only Federal Kingdom I can think of, though I suppose some might argue that the UK is a de facto Quasi Federal Kingdom as well.

Last edited:

Susano

Banned
Malaysia is a federal, elective monarchy. The UAE on the other hand are not, but are a federation OF monarchies - that is, the single members are monarchies, but theres no monarchy on the federal level.

Malaysia is a federal, elective monarchy. The UAE on the other hand are not, but are a federation OF monarchies - that is, the single members are monarchies, but theres no monarchy on the federal level.

Forgot about Malaysia.

And yeah, you're right on the UAE, I suppose the correct thing to call them would be a Federation of Monarchies.

Susano

Banned
Except for, you know, the hereditary presidency, just like that of the German Confederation.

Its no monarchcial title, though. Its just an office connected with the Emir of Abu Dhabi. And yes, the presidency of the German Confederation, or of the North German Confederation for that matter, was not monarchical, either, despite each being tied to a monarchical position in a member state.

mkxIO.png

Hispania at the first half of X° century

Christians States

Plein red line : borders of christians states at the beggining of X century
Red line : Borders after Al-Mansur Wars
Visigothic Kingdom of Asturias (Later Kingdom of Léon)
Yellow : VKA at the beginning of the reign of Rodrigo II
Big lighter yellow line : Maximum Extension of VKA during Rodrigo II campaigns
Lighter Yellow : VKA at the death of Rodrigo II and at the beginning of the reign of Pelasgio II
Visigothic Kingdom of Iberia (Later Kingdom of Iberia)
Bordeaux : VKI at the beginning of X century
Lighter Bordeaux : Conquest after Al-Mansur wars
County of Pampelune (Later Kingdom of Navarre), technically vassal of Asturias, but de-facto independant
Brown : CP at the beggining of X Century
Lighter Brown : CP after the peace between CP and VKA
Moorish States

Plain Green Line : Border between Cordova Emirate and Independent Moorish States at the beggining of X century
Emirate of Cordova
Dark Green : Emirate after Al-Mansur Wars
Dark Green Line : Maximal Extension of Al-Mansur Possession during his wars.
Many little morrish states in North and East of the Péninsula
Light Green : Remanants independant moorish states after Al-Mansur Wars, more or less dominated by the emirate.

----------

This is the first map of a timeline i'm working on, based on this POD:
Roderic and Aquihila, the two pretenders of Visigothic throne in 711 are more intelligent than our TL and allies themselves against the islamic invasion.
(And Sygarius beats Clovis at Soissons, allowed Visigoth to keep a larger part of their gallic possessions)
They loose the 3/4 of the peninsula but they keep enough of cohesion to create three states near 718 in the north, altough that the only true kingdom is that of Aquihila (Asturias for Roderic, Iberia for Pelasgio, Septimania for Aquihila)

Aquihila decides to let berbers and arabs pass trough his territories for invade Gaul, in exange of peace and a conversion of Aquihila.
Roderic dead in battle and Pelasgio tempt to resiste.
Gaul army wins the battle of Tours in 724 and stop musulman invasion, allowing Pelasge to keep his kingdom and give the throne of Septimania to a descendent of Roderic.
But visigoths have loosing more territories in this war and theire kingdoms are limited to Northern Asturias, Septimania and a costal band in south of Pyreneas.

The accession to the throne of Gaul of a germanic, but gallo-roman assimilated, family (Pippinids) let this kingdoms dominated and vassalized, but protected and after a short campaign their possessions are increased.

At the dislocation of the "Holy Roman Empire", Roman Kingdom of Gaul ceased to be, de-facto, the liege of Hispanians Kingdoms.

---

For this map, Roderigo II is the figure of the vertuous king and knight.
He decides, the moorish occupied by internal problems, to increase his territories.
After sveral and sucessfoul campaigns, he deads at the siege of Toledo, wanting to restaure the Hispanic Kingdom.
His winner is surnamed "Al-Mansur" (the victorious) by the morrish troops.
He takes the head of Cordova Emirate and decides, to give a lesson to northen kingdoms and, if possible, broke them to declares a Djiadh agaisnt them and the moorish states that doesn't recognize his autority.

All his ennemies allied themselves, and, after defeats and losts, defeat Al-Mansur, but they are too weak to have great loots.

Cordova is greater, but alone in Al-Andalus
Asturias, with the brother of Roderigo at his head, try to reorganize his forces
Iberia is blocked between Gaul, Moors and Cordova
Pampelune sees his independence de-facto guaranteed...until the next attack
Independents Moors lives a dilemna : ally themselves with kingdoms who wants to reconquest their lands, or perish under the Cordovan fist.

---
Comments
-Yes, it's not with dates, years, etc. because i'm still working on a correct timeline
-No, isn't the same Al-Mansur than in our TL
-It's the first complete map i'm doing, from alpha to omega (i know, twice the pride, twice the fall)

My humble entry for MoF3. Please consider how I rarely do anything fancy.

Major points:

-As per rules, the three wanked countries are Germany, Italy (IMO), and Russia

-France was doing just fine until the Revolutionary Chaos (1830s-1850s) which saw Germany go its own path and grow very large.

-Russia has been given a free hand sense the averted war between it and France. It's been taking advantage of Eastern Europe for awhile now.

-The rumpish Ottoman Empire is the last remaining ally of the UK, which is quickly becoming politicaly isolated.

-Italy was able to achive the current borders with help from France, and as such, they are the closest allies.

-Prussia has resisted Germany with aid from Russia.

-White countries are nuetral. Spain deserves mention, acting as Switzerland OTL.

Mof31900pnf2.png

My humble entry for MoF3. Please consider how I rarely do anything fancy.

Major points:

-As per rules, the three wanked countries are Germany, Italy (IMO), and Russia

-France was doing just fine until the Revolutionary Chaos (1830s-1850s) which saw Germany go its own path and grow very large.

-Russia has been given a free hand sense the averted war between it and France. It's been taking advantage of Eastern Europe for awhile now.

-The rumpish Ottoman Empire is the last remaining ally of the UK, which is quickly becoming politicaly isolated.

-Italy was able to achive the current borders with help from France, and as such, they are the closest allies.

-Prussia has resisted Germany with aid from Russia.

-White countries are nuetral. Spain deserves mention, acting as Switzerland OTL.

For a moment I read France as the First Second Empire.

Felt like doing something different, so I did an Election Map for the Modern day of the TL I'm working on.

Venice Election Map.png

Status
Not open for further replies.