Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

You are correct. But isn't a Image still Media? Even if as the first image is part of the Car publicitary release screenshot or a photography, as in the second.
I guess so, though in that case I figure you could have made more clear why it falls into media in your first comment because otherwise it just blurs which thread it should belong to

I guess so, though in that case I figure you could have made more clear why it falls into media in your first comment because otherwise it just blurs which thread it should belong to
Well, you are correct about the first but, the second one not seem so. But, anyway, in general sense, I believed that posting the real source/where it'd belong , would, in my interpretation, (that seems wrong) 'd have defeated the Thread purpose to post any Media (in a wider sense) that would suggest that it belongs/from an ATL.

You are correct. But isn't a Image still Media? Even if as the first image is part of the Car publicitary release screenshot or a photography, as in the second.

That's not an "aftermath scenario" thought.

It very much falls under the "looks like AH but isn't " thread.

Chinese girl just casually wrote a whole AH novel on Wikipedia and it was so well done people thought it to be real documentated history for over a decade

Havent read the actual entry since it was deleted(though some people on the comments say they were able to recover it) and I dont know freaking chinese! Yet anyways

But considering her hoax covers centuries and adds multiple characters to the history of Russia, the after effects would be world changing

A whole civilisation just got complete altered by a bored writer!

He'd still be prosecuted depending on whether its the military or Umbrella that nukes Raccoon City.
according to default Resident Evil 4 (dunno if it's still true in the remake) it was the American military/government that nuked Raccoon City in a desperate bid to destroy all the zombies. afterwards, they froze Umbrella's assets and their stock value fell like a lead balloon, which is how the corporation was "defeated"

i could buy Clinton or whoever resigning after that in any case, the point being that he "needs" to be succeeded by President Graham afterwards

Speaking of otl presidents and Japanese IPs, in the Return of Godzilla, both the USSR and the US have orbiting satellites armed with nuclear missiles in the Japanese version. Upon purchase, New World Cinema removed the brief shot of the American satellite and modified a Soviet officer's subtitles to indicate that he was trying to launch a spaceborne missile at Tokyo (and Godzilla) instead of preventing its launch!

There have been interviews and articles going into detail how the management of New World wanted to include an anti-Soviet slant due to the atmosphere of the eighties.

Anyway, besides the two superpowers literally have WMDs in Earth's orbit, Soviet and American ambassadors were both lecture by Japan's prime minister when they demanded (at the request of their respective leaders) to be allowed to attack Godzilla on/ in Japanese territory with nuclear weapons. Which casualities and long term damage aside, may not have had any effect against the monster any way!

In the end, with the accidental launch of the Soviet nuke, I would it possible the Chernenko would either resign, "resign", die due to stress, and perhaps Gorbachev or another politburo member would take his place. Furthermore, the White House may see some blow back , possibly strong enough to force Reagan to resign or just enough to make him resign after Iran-Contra.

And that's just the first Godzilla movie of the Hesiei era...

Last edited:
He'd still be prosecuted depending on whether its the military or Umbrella that nukes Raccoon City.
Well, yes, in the sense that he'll only be persecuted if he does nuke it, because if he doesn't explosively quarantine the infection it'll go global and he'll either die in a cold-war era apocalypse bunker for the ruling classes or be shot by his bodyguards for his keys to said bunker to save themselves.

In the classic of cinema called Fail Safe (1964), a nuclear war between the United States and Soviet Union is averted at the cost of Moscow and New York City being destroyed by atomic bombs.

Fahrenheit 451

I'm not sure if this is alternate history so much as speculative fiction/dystopia literature, but there is this quote.

Stoneman and Black drew forth their rulebooks, which also contained brief histories of the Firemen of America, ..."Established, 1790, to burn English-influenced books in the Colonies. First Fireman: Benjamin Franklin."
This comes from Fahrenheit 451, a book.
I think the implication is that the rulebook is lying, but what if something like that actually existed? It could have very scary repercussions for America if it actually did.
As for what would cause such a department to exist, maybe something like the Alien and Sedition Acts happening earlier? Some crisis (attempted coup maybe, perhaps with British connections?) leads to the US government going overboard to stop it?

Also what year Fahrenheit 451 is set in is unclear. Some early drafts claim it was in the 2050s. I've heard that the play version says it was in the 25th Century but I think that's Mandela effect and not true.
There's also a line that states America fought and won two nuclear wars (!) ("We've started and won two atomic wars since 1960"). That probably means some really good anti-nuke defense.

Last edited:
So, uh, Ira Levin's The Boys from Brazil...

Well, for one, biotechnology must secretly be significantly more advanced, as a Nazi rando got 94 viable human clones of Adolf Hitler done in the early 1960's already. Frankly I'd expect most of them to just become ordinary artists of one stripe or another (the "Bobby Wheelock" clone says he wants to become a film director), with no real impact on the world. I think the main character Lieberman also expects such an outcome at the end of the book.

However, with one of the clones imagining himself as a Hitler-esque leader on the last pages of the book, it's clear that at least one of them might have other plans. I don't remember offhand the whole list of which countries the clones were planted in – the USA, Sweden(?) and Germany at least – but if there happened to be one or several go-nuts clones in a country that experienced significant hardship after they reached adulthood, the place could be in for a very rough time. Not sure how tight a butterfly net we want to cast on history past ca. 1976, but if we say "none whatsoever", then any country with a planted clone could be fair game.

edit: actually, I just checked, and the distribution is as follows

West Germany 16
Sweden 14
England 13
United States 13
Norway 10
Austria 9
Netherlands 8
Denmark 6
Canada 6

Last edited:

Well, for one, biotechnology must secretly be significantly more advanced, as a Nazi rando got 94 viable human clones of Adolf Hitler done in the early 1960's already. Frankly I'd expect most of them to just become ordinary artists of one stripe or another (the "Bobby Wheelock" clone says he wants to become a film director), with no real impact on the world. I think the main character Lieberman also expects such an outcome at the end of the book.

However, with one of the clones imagining himself as a Hitler-esque leader on the last pages of the book, it's clear that at least one of them might have other plans. I don't remember offhand the whole list of which countries the clones were planted in – the USA, Sweden(?) and Germany at least – but if there happened to be one or several go-nuts clones in a country that experienced significant hardship after they reached adulthood, the place could be in for a very rough time. Not sure how tight a butterfly net we want to cast on history past ca. 1976, but if we say "none whatsoever", then any country with a planted clone could be fair game.

edit: actually, I just checked, and the distribution is as follows

West Germany 16
Sweden 14
England 13
United States 13
Norway 10
Austria 9
Netherlands 8
Denmark 6
Canada 6
It would be funny if one of the clones converted to Judaism.

I wish there was an anime about WI Japan was colonized/pulled a Siam
For a while I was working on a worldbuilding project where all of Asia (from Persia to Japan) gets colonized by Europe, it was dormant for years but I have been recently interested in reviving it.

For that it could be anywhere near to be feasible it would be needed to be placed in a ATL that should be even before of the WWI would be more advanced than OTL at the same point but that and supposing that said TL would follow a similar socio-politically development than OTL. It would be required that before, during and after the WWII, the scientific research and development would follow an intensely accelerated path. Given that would be needed greater theorical and practical advances/breakthroughs in the comprehension and understanding of some key biological process in general but particularly in the embryology, genetic fields but also in the Physics and Chemistry. Chiefly, on both theorical and electrical engineering and electrochemistry so as well as their practical applications. Cause for at least, that a cloning attempt could be considered theoretically, first would be needed to have firm theoretical basis and 'd have developed/mastered the, in Lab DNA/RNA recombination technology and have designed/built and/or available the key equipment such as, among other, a Lab adapted electrofusion machine, cryofreezing production/storage facilities, an inverted microscope (with high quality micromanipulator).
zWell,even if the whole ploty wouldn't not to fail when the 'planted' Clones would fail when they 'd be first noticed/recognized for their 'extreme' resemblance to the Nazi Germany leader. Also, It shows that the whole project/scheme was based on their blind belief in the 'Great Man (Historical) Theory of the Leadership'. One which would be needed to work in the real life which it doesn't... Cause that for that the clones would have any even with the clones raised and supported by followers sleeping cells deeply infiltrated in the host countries societies and governments

Last edited:
Hitler Two was murdered by a hospital maternity ward janitor who attempted to justify their crime on ground of the victim being 'literally Hitler'. The judge was unsympathetic.

Hitler Three got an all-expenses-paid art school scholarship, culminating in a career in movie and videogame set design and hollywood connections that led to him briefly playing Hitler One in CW's 2050s Blackhawks show.

Hitler Four embraced his heritage, although he seemed more interested in getting rich selling autographed copies of Mein Kampf than actually killing people. He was later shot, supposedly in a drug deal mishap with his fellow aryan brotherhood goons, although conspiracy theories claiming he'd previously been a fed infiltrator and/or had been preemptively assassinated by mossad just in case proliferated for decades.

Hitler Five changed his name, got plastic surgery to change his face and became an unremarkable blue-collar family man until he perished aged seventy-five, along with all other genetically baseline humans vulnerable to the enemy's bioengineered plagues, in the Neanderthal Uprisings.

Honestly I think it would make more sense to say the Nazis just figured in vitro insemination and that guy managed to get a lot of women pregnant with uh Hitler babies
I think even ignoring Great Man Theory the scenario could be significant if the number of jrs was high enough, the resemblance wouldnt be that big of a deal either if they werent literal clones of the guy, though I think you would need those numbers to be 10x as large at bare minimum to have sort of political impact

For that it could be anywhere near to be feasible it would be needed to be placed in a ATL that should be even before of the WWI would be more advanced than OTL at the same point but that and supposing that said TL would follow a similar socio-politically development than OTL. It would be required that before, during and after the WWII, the scientific research and development would follow an intensely accelerated path. Given that would be needed greater theorical and practical advances/breakthroughs in the comprehension and understanding of some key biological process in general but particularly in the embryology, genetic fields but also in the Physics and Chemistry. Chiefly, on both theorical and electrical engineering and electrochemistry so as well as their practical applications. Cause for at least, that a cloning attempt could be considered theoretically, first would be needed to have firm theoretical basis and 'd have developed/mastered the, in Lab DNA/RNA recombination technology and have designed/built and/or available the key equipment such as, among other, a Lab adapted electrofusion machine, cryofreezing production/storage facilities, an inverted microscope (with high quality micromanipulator).

zWell,even if the whole ploty wouldn't not to fail when the 'planted' Clones would fail when they 'd be first noticed/recognized for their 'extreme' resemblance to the Nazi Germany leader. Also, It shows that the whole project/scheme was based on their blind belief in the 'Great Man (Historical) Theory of the Leadership'. One which would be needed to work in the real life which it doesn't... Cause that for that the clones would have any even with the clones raised and supported by followers sleeping cells deeply infiltrated in the host countries societies and governments
Yeah, it's not a very scientifically accurate book. The Great Man Theory thing I considered myself as well, but since the characters make such a big deal of the clones, I thought I'd assume the worst.

Honestly I think it would make more sense to say the Nazis just figured in vitro insemination and that guy managed to get a lot of women pregnant with uh Hitler babies
I think even ignoring Great Man Theory the scenario could be significant if the number of jrs was high enough, the resemblance wouldnt be that big of a deal either if they werent literal clones of the guy, though I think you would need those numbers to be 10x as large at bare minimum to have sort of political impact
This is a very interesting idea, actually. Who would the kids be raised by?