The Death of Russia - TL

Knowing that a lot of US troops are going to get sick from radiation poisoning, could it lead to a stronger push for universal healthcare in the states?
Remember this is the same US who will be on "4/10 Scare" that are very imperialistic and anti left considering what the Communist did in the civil war

While the left might be push with Universal Healthcare, the Right will be even more powerful in an Post-4/10 because of a militaristic and conformist stances on America

Knowing that a lot of US troops are going to get sick from radiation poisoning, could it lead to a stronger push for universal healthcare in the states?
The implementation of universal healthcare will not succeed until such a time that the Americans realize that healthcare is not a right, it's an obligation with responsibilities attached to it. So long as they are unwilling to accept severe interference of the government in their private life, not even the supposed advocates will allow a successful system to be implemented.

However, healthcare on the state level may be possible in some states, from where it may spread, until years down the line federal healthcare could actually be implemented.

But until then, no.

WIP but this is going to be difficult info box that I'm continuing to build, by the way, I just hide or cover the montage, caption, and casualties. Any suggestions?
vGrpK5P.png

There at least a total of 32 million deaths in the end of the war
But the problem is the total number needs to have a comprehensive breakdown in order for me to calculate casualties in both military and civilian terms also, I need to calculate how many have died in the Ichkeria and Dagestan wars of independence.

Well that was a great chapter, the war is finally over and everyone trying to pick up the pieces. Old glory with a Poland flag over Moscow must had been awesome sight. Finally fu to the commies and holy Zeus the Tsar has returned, may he reign long over what is certainly a dumpster fire for decades.
I see the second depression is causing regimes to fall and there mass hunger for the rest of the 90s.

Russia is truly now another fallen empire like Rome or the Byzantines and never going to rise again.
I surprised about the strict limiting of nukes and actually attacking countries that want their own programs. Though I wonder if this treaty extents to potential non nuclear WMDs that could be develop in the future.

Wandering the streets in the 2022 of this TL would probably be almost unrecognizable.

dfkytin-42c57080-173c-4488-bafa-45e917798333.png

A map after the end of the Russian Civil War, one day before the Almaty nuclear attack.
Pending corrections by @Sorairo .
The 'Novgorod Kingdom' is just a nickname given to the Russian Federation in Pushkingrad/Kaliningrad and is not a separate entity. European Russia remains its nominal territory but it is administered by the United Nations, with the region's pulverised economy paying out reparations to the genocide victims.

I suspect a point has been reached in this world where a ISOT of Using Hammer & Sickle' USSR would be considered a positive improvement...
It would have been an improvement from the start if not a downgrade for the soviets having to put up with the world of DoR

A more "mutual benefiting" ISOT I think would be Russia from FOM into this one

Like not replacing the people/states that are still alive, just the areas that are contaminated and the people who are dead for their living counterpart(if they exist in FOM) with the rest being superimposed
(Like the Tolstoyst regime having to deal with Lebed and Aksyuchits and people who are alive in both TLs getting to meet their counterparts)

Likewise you could have cities who got nuked outside of Russia ITTL also be replaced with their FOM versions while keeping alive inhabitants of both TLs

That way those cities get to not live in fascist world and the people from TTL get to be with their alt-relatives and see their cities as not radioactive wastelands

Plus you could also bring the peeps who did survive FOM's version of WWII but died ITTL(like jews who were protected by the Roman Alliance for example)

It would have been an improvement from the start if not a downgrade for the soviets having to put up with the world of DoR

A more "mutual benefiting" ISOT I think would be Russia from FOM into this one

Like not replacing the people/states that are still alive, just the areas that are contaminated and the people who are dead for their living counterpart(if they exist in FOM) with the rest being superimposed
(Like the Tolstoyst regime having to deal with Lebed and Aksyuchits and people who are alive in both TLs getting to meet their counterparts)

Likewise you could have cities who got nuked outside of Russia ITTL also be replaced with their FOM versions while keeping alive inhabitants of both TLs

That way those cities get to not live in fascist world and the people from TTL get to be with their alt-relatives and see their cities as not radioactive wastelands

Plus you could also bring the peeps who did survive FOM's version of WWII but died ITTL(like jews who were protected by the Roman Alliance for example)
Sounds good for me.

Also what happened in TTL Rwanda? I don't remember if that's mentioned but I suspect they receive the Chinese treatment:

"Oh My God
How horrible
Who cares"

Sounds good for me.

Also what happened in TTL Rwanda? I don't remember if that's mentioned but I suspect they receive the Chinese treatment:

"Oh My God
How horrible
Who cares"
Rwanda went down more or less as per OTL as it occurred in the short period between the NSF's takeover and Russia imploding a year later.

Last edited:
The implementation of universal healthcare will not succeed until such a time that the Americans realize that healthcare is not a right, it's an obligation with responsibilities attached to it. So long as they are unwilling to accept severe interference of the government in their private life, not even the supposed advocates will allow a successful system to be implemented.

However, healthcare on the state level may be possible in some states, from where it may spread, until years down the line federal healthcare could actually be implemented.

But until then, no.
Then again Clinton did win by a landslide in ITTL 1996, and we know from OTL 1993-1994 that he did legitimately support universal healthcare.

Also, while lots of Communism fear mongering would be happening in America- even more than usual levels, I suppose- fascism would also be discredited much more. Extreme ideology in general would probably be less popular.

Big recessions are also times for big economic change, an example being the Great Depression creating much of the modern American welfare state and the Great Recession leading to Dodd-Frank and Obamacare.

Then again Clinton did win by a landslide in ITTL 1996, and we know from OTL 1993-1994 that he did legitimately support universal healthcare.

Also, while lots of Communism fear mongering would be happening in America- even more than usual levels, I suppose- fascism would also be discredited much more. Extreme ideology in general would probably be less popular.

Big recessions are also times for big economic change, an example being the Great Depression creating much of the modern American welfare state and the Great Recession leading to Dodd-Frank and Obamacare.
Alright, this is the last I will say about this topic, because we're veering dangerously off topic.

The reasons that the chances for an American Universal Healthcare System are abysmal are that the people advocating for it have no clue what they actually want and have proven themselves unwilling to make the necessary sacrifices to implement it. Kraut did a great video about it(Edit: here), which I'll edit in later, but for now, let's just continue onwards.

When American politicians talk about healthcare, they talk about the "European System" and how it should be copied. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of European Healthcare however will tell you that there is no "European System." The various countries of Europe have vastly different systems in place. Here in Germany we have a hybrid system, where (almost) everyone is automatically part of the public system, but you can also instead choose a private insurance instead. England has it NHS, which is entirely public. And so on, and so forth. All of those systems have their own quirks, and not all of them are compatible with the US. Hell, they may not even be compatible with individual member states. So just taking some European healthcare model and applying it 1:1 in the US is a recipe for disaster.

The point being, there is no actual plan of how that is meant to actually work in the States.

Which brings me to the next point: about how healthcare isn't a right, it's an obligation. Without universal healthcare, you being a fat f*ck is your problem. If you don't take care of yourself, you just have to pay more for the inevitable illnesses you'll contract. And if you can't pay, well, that's just the consequences of your actions.

But with universal healthcare, you being healthy all of a sudden is a matter of public interest. Because if you aren't, everyone else will have to pay the bills for you. And nobody wants to do that. As a result, the government starts increasingly interfering both in business and in your private life. The amount of sugar in food is regulated, marketing unhealthy food towards children is banned, sports are encouraged and incentivized, etc. All of which flies in the face of the American character.

Rejecting universal healthcare isn't some extreme, fringe position in the US. So it won't be discredited in the slightest. I do not believe congress would be willing to pass that bill. Meaning it would have to be installed via Presidential Order, and thus would simply be abolished by the next Republican to sit in the Oval Office.

Again, individual states may try out the healthcare model, but it didn't work OTL, so I doubt it'll work here.

I'm not sure a guy with such a jingoistic, deterministic, doomerist view of Russia (reducing an entire country to "Mongolian extractive institutions" as Kraut demonstrates, really?) has any credibility as an expert on public health systems and such. That's all I'll say about it.

I'm not sure a guy with such a jingoistic, deterministic, doomerist view of Russia (reducing an entire country to "Mongolian extractive institutions" as Kraut demonstrates, really?) has any credibility as an expert on public health systems and such. That's all I'll say about it.
Not a really big fan of Kraut as well.