Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
A response to the states-become-countries-with-equivalent economies map, here's the election with the electoral numbers thrown in. Note that I just used electoral calculator for 2008, so the colors are properly Conservative Blue and Liberal Red.

It's one interesting election

genusmap.php

Republican - 315
Democrat - 173
Independent - 50

You know that map where it replaces the US states with countries that have similar sized economies? I edited it to be a Presidential election map. Countries that are currently ruled by a party which considers itself more left-wing are in Democratic blue, whilst countries ruled by a party which considers itself more right-wing are in Republican red. Countries where there is a absolute monarchy or similar system are in Independant grey, and also countries where the party identifies itself only as centrist. Countries where there is a coalition in power (such as Ireland), I looked at the parties within that coalition and chose what I considered to be the average. For example, Ireland's coalition government seem more left than right.

governmentsandeconomies.png

The problem is that the base states=Economies map was intensively Ameriwanky wrong and/or made in the 60s (which I doubt). California has never been within spitting distance of France since the seventies, here is a 2006 CIA world factbook version:

realusstatematchs.png

Rough POD is the Colonies getting Kingdom Status before the OTL ARW, thus averting it.

Over time, Ireland, India, and Australia also become kingdoms, nominaly self governing, with their own Monarchs(from the British Royal Family, of course)

This is the world ~1910:
kingdom of america.png

kingdom of america.png

Major, major ASB.

Some POD's:

Back in the day the Latins go East instead of west.

Alexander Lives and provides for a stable Macedonian Kingdom.

Without Rome the Carthaginians and a more aggresive Celtic People take over Europe.

Huns are never defeated and develop similar to Russia in OTL

North America is colonized last. Lehi allies with Nephii and defeats the Lamanites also back in the day.

ASB1.PNG

I recently wanted to make a map of an idea I got, but in the end I decided against it, because it would be terrible for Krall's health.
So I am going to make my idea a request or a challenge as seeing different people making different maps on the same idea is always interesting.

So this is my request:
The POD is in 1830, during the Belgian revolt. This ends differently than OTL as Belgium is divided between the Netherlands, France and Prussia. The Netherlands gains the northern Dutch speaking part (Limburg, East and West Flanders and Antwerp), France gains the Southern French speaking part (Liege, Hainaut, Namur and Brabant (thus including Brussels), while Prussia gain Luxembourg (including Belgian Luxembourg).

What happens next is France and Prussia (and later Germany) fight a couple of wars, not unlike OTL. Both are pretty evenly matched, so sometimes France wins, sometimes Prussia. The end result is that in the second half of the twentieth century a cold war exist in Europe between a German lead block and a French lead block.

So I would like to see a (european) map of that cold war. The French block consists out of southern Europa and North Africa and should at least include Portugal, Spain, Italy and Marocco. The German block consists out of central and Eastern Europe and should at least include Denmark, Poland and Hungary. On the fringes of Europe are three other great powers Brittain, Russia and the Ottoman Empire. They are not part of the two powerblocks and during conflicts remain neutral or choose a side that suits their needs best. The Netherlands and Switserland are two neutral bordercountries enforced by both blocks and the other great powers.

You may include various shifted borders since (you may give France western Luxembourg if you wish or Germany Lorraine) or create countries that don't exist OTL (for example an independent sicily in the French block). But remember both blocks must be roughly of equal strength, so no German or French wank. Both blocks can have opposing ideologies (like communist France vs Fascist Germany), but you don't have to (like an nationalistic French empire vs a nationalistic German Empire).

Is anybody interested?

No, that's a different colour, old chap. India's in a light purple, and the 'USA' is in a light blue.

Yes you are right.
An Tibet is not "papal" only i have not the universal color scheme, so i have not a way to colour Tibet with an apropriate color

What's the bestest way to search for all y'all's maps on deviant art????

All my maps have tags "alternate history map" and something else pertaining to what the map shows. Alternatively you could look at, let's say, my account (laiqua-lasse.deviantart.com) and browse through my watchers - I believe most regular mapmakers here are in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.