Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very nice, extremely detailed map of China that might prove useful to you, if I'm assuming correctly that you are making a map of China.

Yeah the problem is I need a moderately detailed map of China and the West Pacific that has both terrain and cities, and which has an unlabeled version to trace/transpose. I could do the above poster because the base image had all those details and was unconscionably huge. PM the link anyway if you like.

Can you please post your Canada and Liberia flag's in the Flag thread?

Heh the Canadian flag is the rather nifty otl one of the City of Quebec that I shamelessly nicked. Liberia here.

Spelling corrections.

Thanks! I certainly get on these, though it takes a while to piece together the poster from the various source files ;). I'm suprised no one has noticed that I can't spell Sylvania yet :) (though the Oklahomma is intential).

Finally, I have one question. Where is Liberia? It looks like a Caribbean island, but the text makes it sound like it's in Mississippi somewhere.
liberia.png

Nugax, please post the TL that goes with this map.

Well I'd like too, but its certainly not all thought out (especially plausibility wise :)), and I find writing a really difficult and unfun task. I'm more likely to produce a few other country profiles like the above and collate them in a thread with some extra details.

Susano

Banned
Wow, that's awesome Nugax. Reminds me of the Economist's world forecast in their issues around the new year. I assume that was what you were going for? :p

Anyway, here's a map from a game of EU3: In Nomine with the Magna Mundi Platinum mod. I'm playng as Brabant, starting in 1399. I tried to get a realistic mix of the EU3 provinces and real borders, which is why Drenthe, Overijssel, and Groningen aren't shown. Holland is an administrative Margravate under a regency council, and I wasn't sure how to word that in the key, but that's what I came up with. I might make a map of Nieuw Brabant soon.

Oh yeah, L is Lordship, B is Bishopric (Liege is Portestant btw :D), M is Margravate, C is County, and D is Duchy.

Brabant in 1399? Oh, then I certainly like it! Yay, Reginarids! :D (that is, House of Brabant/House of Hesse)

My first map that is pre 1800 :eek:. Based off a game of Crusader Kings as Flanders (now a kingdom)

Notes:

Map is circa 1200, but probably closer to 1250, can't remember exactly.

Some colors have been added to the map to make it easier to see (though would probably been better to use Belgium's color for Flanders in hindsight.

England is the Kigndom of England and France (yes they have both titles)

Despite the above statement, remenants of the French royal family still exist down South

The Muslims are doing very well!

Croatia and Hungary (or atleast something that is based in Hungary) are also doing well. Croatia had taken over most of France before England did, I should take the time here to say the whole reason France colapsed was because int he first few years I took Paris)

Pagens in the Baltic were driven out, though they are all resettled in Finland and pretty strong.

HRE fractured. Germany is the main part of it, so colored it for your ease of sight. Austra-Bavaria is a big rival of them.

First Crusade is still going on and has not gained any land.

Ireland and Scotland are one country.

F1200.PNG

They say that imitation is a form of flattery. Well, this is my failed attempt at achieving the greatness of Ampersand's latest map.

Just something that came into my head this morning though I kinda think that this might be ASB-crafted. I hope you like it though.

Map is c.1970

Middle-East.jpg

They say that imitation is a form of flattery. Well, this is my failed attempt at achieving the greatness of Ampersand's latest map.
Impressive. As stunning as usual, hardly a failed attempt by any means.

One quick question. When you say "Prussian" Kongo do you mean a "German" Prussia or a "Baltic" Prussia, as in one of your previous maps?

This is a shining example of how incredibly wacky Paradox games can end up.

That isn't the end either :D The mongols are due any year now. This is also a game I am going to attempt to play all the way to 1960. CK>EU2>Ricky>HOI2 Arma

Also note that I expect the title King of France reemerge as an independant claim. England may have it now, but before then, Croatia. The area is just too devestated for a foreign power to hold onto it. (If it wern't for the fact that I'm allied to England, I might have a go at taking it over myself though, at one time through assassinations, I had my fifth cousin next in line for King of France, but England taking it over ended any chance of that)

Wow! By no means this is a failed attempt, chap! That is a wonderful map and a very interesting concept! Could you make me feel less embarassed?:eek:

Brabant in 1399? Oh, then I certainly like it! Yay, Reginarids! :D (that is, House of Brabant/House of Hesse)
:D There must have been some Valois infighting as I've had a few wars with Burgundy over the years. However I'm going to have to change my dynasty soon as I've gotten a string of two female duchesses recently. I can't remember who I have royal marriages with right now, but I'll be choosing another dynasty when I get another male monarch.

Rekjavik said:
This is a shining example of how incredibly wacky Paradox games can end up.
Yep, but that's part of what makes them so awesome. :D

You know that map where it replaces the US states with countries that have similar sized economies? I edited it to be a Presidential election map. Countries that are currently ruled by a party which considers itself more left-wing are in Democratic blue, whilst countries ruled by a party which considers itself more right-wing are in Republican red. Countries where there is a absolute monarchy or similar system are in Independant grey, and also countries where the party identifies itself only as centrist. Countries where there is a coalition in power (such as Ireland), I looked at the parties within that coalition and chose what I considered to be the average. For example, Ireland's coalition government seem more left than right.

governmentsandeconomies.png

You know that map where it replaces the US states with countries that have similar sized economies? I edited it to be a Presidential election map. Countries that are currently ruled by a party which considers itself more left-wing are in Democratic blue, whilst countries ruled by a party which considers itself more right-wing are in Republican red. Countries where there is a absolute monarchy or similar system are in Independant grey, and also countries where the party identifies itself only as centrist. Countries where there is a coalition in power (such as Ireland), I looked at the parties within that coalition and chose what I considered to be the average. For example, Ireland's coalition government seem more left than right.

The Netherlands should be a blue state. Ruling parties are two Christian Parties (generally seen as Centrist) and the Labour party (centre-leftist).

Status
Not open for further replies.