Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

VVD0D95

Banned
How much could change if James IV did not die at floddeb field but instead lived until the mid 1530s? One big change inthink is that the Earl of Angus and the Douglas family do not rise to such prominence

How much could change if James IV did not die at floddeb field but instead lived until the mid 1530s? One big change inthink is that the Earl of Angus and the Douglas family do not rise to such prominence
Cue further breakdown of Anglo-Scottish relations, but maybe James V has full siblings

VVD0D95

Banned
Cue further breakdown of Anglo-Scottish relations, but maybe James V has full siblings
Wiuld relations break down further? James was fairly diplomatic when he wanted to be. If floddeb still ends in defeat but he survives he may well consider breaking things off with France

Wiuld relations break down further? James was fairly diplomatic when he wanted to be. If floddeb still ends in defeat but he survives he may well consider breaking things off with France
Honestly he should have done that BEFORE Flodden
Indeed, he got baited into that
Most of the blame for the failing of relationship between England and Scotland is on Henry, in my opinion as he had at least a strong dislike for the Scots

Indeed, though France goading James into invading didn’t help
I think who at that point the relationship was already ruined, if James had taken the risk to attacking England while Henry was away in war and childless (meaning who Margaret would be the legitimate Queen if her brother died during his war)

VVD0D95

Banned
I think who at that point the relationship was already ruined, if James had taken the risk to attacking England while Henry was away in war and childless (meaning who Margaret would be the legitimate Queen if her brother died during his war)
True true

VVD0D95

Banned
What if James the old pretender landed in Scotland at the same time as the Earl or mar, and was present when he was proclaimed in Aberdeen? With him in command personally, and with his battle experience could the Jacobites be more decisive in their engagements? Maybe not allowing the government forces to escape?

What if Mary died the same time as Catherine of Aragon?

What’s the knock on effect of an earlier Queen Elizabeth?
Well butterflies can do a lot BEFORE that. If Mary died at the same time of her mother, then Anne Boleyn is the mother of Henry’s ONLY living legitimate child meaning who has nothing to fear anyone from the Imperial side, and that can delay her downfall and possibly prevent her last miscarriage, specially as I doubt who Henry would be jousting few days after the death of his eldest child

What would happen if Ilkhanate becomes an new caliphate and mixes with khaganate?

sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khanate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilkhanate
Something I don't get is if a caliph has to be from the Quraysh, since Timur couldn't claim the position due to not being a member of the Quraysh yet the Ottomans (who were not members of the Quraysh either) later were recognised as caliphs anyway.

Well butterflies can do a lot BEFORE that. If Mary died at the same time of her mother, then Anne Boleyn is the mother of Henry’s ONLY living legitimate child meaning who has nothing to fear anyone from the Imperial side, and that can delay her downfall and possibly prevent her last miscarriage, specially as I doubt who Henry would be jousting few days after the death of his eldest child
If Anne had a girl though how long will Henry keep her? One more child? Two more?

What happens if she does have a boy and stays Queen?

If Anne had a girl though how long will Henry keep her? One more child? Two more?

What happens if she does have a boy and stays Queen?
Well, without Mary, she no longer has to fear anything from her (Mary's) royal connections. And assuming the boy lives, he succeeds Henry. Elizabeth is probably becoming Queen of Sweden ITTL.