Miscellaneous <1900 (Alternate) History Thread

That is possible, however for most of its history it would remain small to have better control over the area
Could it alternately be that they wound up being figureheads used by other kingdoms to legitimise control of the former Gupta Empire? Like the Shoguns used the Japanese Emperors as figureheads to legitimise their control of Japan if my understanding is correct. Did the British use the Mughal Imperial family the same way before the 1857 Indian rebellion?

Last edited:
I'm currently planning on reviving an idea of mine where the Constitutional Convention fails and the Articles of Confederation remain in effect until the USA eventually collapses due to lack of cohesive structure and level of interstate disputes. Assuming the Convention fails, would it be realistic for there to be a second attempt at a Constitutional Convention and would the Whiskey Rebellion be too late for the final death knell?

Could it alternately be that they wound up being figureheads used by other kingdoms to legitimise control of the former Gupta Empire? Like the Shoguns used the Japanese Emperors as figureheads to legitimise their control of Japan if my understanding is correct. Did the British use the Mughal Imperial family the same way before the 1857 Indian rebellion?
Yes it is possible as well, but a chance of rebellion by Gupta royal family could hamper such agreements

I remember reading somewhere that I do not recall that Julius Caesar passed a reform or established an institution that was beneficial to the common people. One which Octavian later repealed or disestablished. Does anyone here have an idea what that was? Because I don't remember.

Last edited:
Which he caught in Burgos. If he’s in the Low Countries and not Spain, chances of him catching it are lower
True. This means he's going to have more children. That would be cool - maybe the youngest son (as I doubt Joanna is still fertile after the 1520s) can marry Mary I.