Confederates win the Civil War in 1863. Effects in Latin America

The Confederacy ITTL wins the American Civil War in the year of 1863. More specifically, they win Gettysburg followed by many more decisive victories that force Lincoln to surrender by September 1863. How would a victory of the Confederate States affect the Latin American region?

The Confederacy ITTL wins the American Civil War in the year of 1863. More specifically, they win Gettysburg followed by many more decisive victories that force Lincoln to surrender by September 1863. How would a victory of the Confederate States affect the Latin American region?
American doctrine on Latin America I will be lesser in this timeline because the South is on the US border and by extension and the British if they support them

American doctrine on Latin America I will be lesser in this timeline because the South is on the US border and by extension and the British if they support them
I remember you was the South who wanted anex Northern Mexico for do more Slavers States? In my opinion, they gonna try to conquer or use the instability in Mexico for invade it and later they gonna invade Cuba for the sugar.

I remember you was the South who wanted anex Northern Mexico for do more Slavers States?
Well I never say those things and I think you confused someone else
In my opinion, they gonna try to conquer or use the instability in Mexico for invade it and later they gonna invade Cuba for the sugar.
Yeah they would use that advantage especially with the French invading in Mexico and Cuba with sugar and hot climate for a good spot for slavery.

Well I never say those things and I think you confused someone else

Yeah they would use that advantage especially with the French invading in Mexico and Cuba with sugar and hot climate for a good spot for slavery.
If the CSA invades Cuba, Spain will kick the snot out of them.

How honestly how?
The Spanish for pretty much overstretch and didn't have enough supply to defeat the Confederates.

The only reason that might have a chance if the USA with them, but even so I don't think the US can't save them

That’s even more impossible than confederacy winning the civil war. Spain has nothing in Americas able to wage a war against a local power. Spain itself has no economy of note and the country is in a constant downward spiral.

That’s even more impossible than confederacy winning the civil war. Spain has nothing in Americas able to wage a war against a local power. Spain itself has no economy of note and the country is in a constant downward spiral.
Bullshit. By the 1860s Spain had built up a large and powerful fleet, and was capable pf deploying large numbers of troops into the Americas. This fleet included 7 ironclads and a number of frigates and sloops. Spain would also deploy tens of thousands to Cuba in the Ten Years war starting in 1868.

Agreed
That would certainly happen, and maybe the CSA, through a deal, annex some of the northernmost parts of Mexico
Bullshit. By the 1860s Spain had built up a large and powerful fleet, and was capable pf deploying large numbers of troops into the Americas. This fleet included 7 ironclads and a number of frigates and sloops. Spain would also deploy tens of thousands to Cuba in the Ten Years war starting in 1868.
I didn't know that, thanks for this information
Central American reunification alot more likely as Mexico is more devastated
Interesting, a united Central America because of the CSA is proof of how crazy butterflies are

Interesting, a united Central America because of the CSA is proof of how crazy butterflies are
Diaz sent an army to end Guatemalan president barrios central American unification misadventures. As barrios invaded I think a few central American countries.wuth more devastated mexico it's likely that dat happens. Also they would have a monopoly on
images (12).jpeg

There was the idea of the Golden Circle - but I'm afraid the French and British will not be pleased with such ambitions.
Even though it was a real organization, I always thought that even the most fanatical Confederate officers knew it was an unrealistic plan

Even though it was a real organization, I always thought that even the most fanatical Confederate officers knew it was an unrealistic plan
Indeed, the KGC were considered kooks even by most Fire-Breathers (who were declining in influence already by the early 1860s)
The bigger issue isn’t even Spain but the logistical trouble the CSA would have in projecting power all the way to Cuba and supplying/sustaining an army after what would be a very difficult amphibious landing in hostile territory. The Cuban rebels didn’t even want to be part of a culturally/ethnically similar Empire they had a history with, they’d go nuclear on Anglo slavers trying to waltz in

Indeed, the KGC were considered kooks even by most Fire-Breathers (who were declining in influence already by the early 1860s)

The bigger issue isn’t even Spain but the logistical trouble the CSA would have in projecting power all the way to Cuba and supplying/sustaining an army after what would be a very difficult amphibious landing in hostile territory. The Cuban rebels didn’t even want to be part of a culturally/ethnically similar Empire they had a history with, they’d go nuclear on Anglo slavers trying to waltz in
Yeah, even if the CSA defeats the Spanish, they would lose hundreds, if not thousands of lives trying to put down Cuban rebellions, especially if they reenslave the majority-mixed population and not just the Afro-Cubans

On the other hand, what do you think would have happened to Brazil if the CSA won? The 1860s were very good for the Brazilian Empire

On the other hand, what do you think would have happened to Brazil if the CSA won? The 1860s were very good for the Brazilian Empire
Hmmm I think they continue their stuff like they did, and it might result into no Paraguayan war because the US not being at a civil war and likely negociating it. As the American president like negociated to end it and more favourable to the Paraguayans or some considered saved it otl.

This would be like very interesting, aside from that, South America is a bit like Europe full of competing powers like Bolivia and Peru on one coalition or alliance, Chile like not being good terms on both of them due to them wanting to control the nitrates which the Peruvians dominate. Bolivia meanwhile under a slow stagnation, and might experience an economic boom and bring back prosperity once the commodities went up again like iirc in the 1870s or 80s. Or at least they manage to stabilize politically, economically and grow and develop, and restore peace order and put out bad leadership and replace it like what Santa Cruz place an efficient system.

Meanwhile Chile is like having hawkish behavior against Peru and Bolivia wanting to take like the nitrates for themselves

Last edited:
Hmmm I think they continue their stuff like they did, and it might result into no Paraguayan war because the US not being at a civil war and likely negociating it. As the American president like negociated to end it and more favourable to the Paraguayans or some considered saved it otl.

This would be like very interesting, aside from that, South America is a bit like Europe full of competing powers like Bolivia and Peru on one coalition or alliance, Chile like not being good terms on both of them due to them wanting to control the nitrates which the Peruvians dominate. Bolivia meanwhile under a slow stagnation, and might experience an economic boom and bring back prosperity once the commodities went up again like iirc in the 1870s or 80s. Or at least they manage to stabilize politically, economically and grow and develop, and restore peace order and put out bad leadership and replace it like what Santa Cruz place an efficient system.

Meanwhile Chile is like having hawkish behavior against Peru and Bolivia wanting to take like the nitrates for themselves
Thanks, interesting analysis