As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Oldnavy do you mind if I make you a list of themepark. Your Themepark IP list covers a lot but it is missing Bush Entertainment(Owners of the Bush Gardens and Seaworld among other ) and Kennywood Entertainment( Note since someone else bought lake Componce they only own Kennywood Idlewild and Sandcastle waterpark but I feel that it plausible for them to expand. Grand Island New York's Niagara Amusement Park & Splash World know as Fantasy Island back in 90's would be a good aguistion t for Kennywood. Other good targets for Kennywood include Dutch Wonderland Clemnton amusement park, Lakemont park and Williams grove park) .You list is also missing major independent parks like Holiday World, Sliverwood, Wild Adventures, Fesitia Texas, Wild World (It is curnely called Six Flags America ), Cyprus Gardens the Oaks parks in Indaiania beach and Trimpers Amusments in .

Ps Kennywood has a deal with the estate of freed rogers. A mister rogers dark ride was built at Ildewild park back in the 80's

@OldNavy1988, here’s a few little pieces of info about Two Oceans (I originally called it Two Rivers, but I thought that it made more sense in a international context, so I change it):
  • The terms of the deal with Nickelodeon allowed them to do a George Lucas and keep all merchandising and licensing rights and yes, this includes theme park rights, they have already cut a deal with Six Flags and The Jim Henson Company to let them use Two Oceans’ IPs at Six Flags Hollywood Park.
  • Most of the staff are Rocko’s Modern Life alumni including four of the five other shareholder, primarily some guys who will probably create their shows for the studio named Stephen Hillenburg, Chris Savino, Dan Provenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh.
  • The ownership structure is Lilli Schreiber and Anthony Zuniga owns a 40% majority stake while the four people I mentioned above and The Jim Henson Company each owned a 10% minority stake.

When you got to the summer of 1996, we have something different as we have Striptease as the biggest summer event. I pretty sure Carolco would got its significant Best Picture win, American Beauty, when we get to 1999.

Major League Soccer (1996 Inaugural Season)
Has Major League Soccer started play and what are the teams and their owners?

Major League Soccer
Debuted on April 6, 1996

TV Partners:
ESPN and ABC

TEAMS
(Owners in parentheses)
Eastern Division
DC United (Abe and Irene Pollin)
Columbus Crew (John McConnell)
New England Revolution (Robert Kraft)
New York Cosmos (Wellington Mara)
Tampa Bay Mutiny (Malcolm Glazer)

Western Division
Colorado Rapids (Pat Bowlen)
Kansas City Wizards (Lamar Hunt)
Los Angeles Galaxy (Phil Anschutz)
San Jose Clash (Gavin Maloof)
Seattle Sounders (Paul Allen)​

Backstreet Boys (1996 Self-titled debut album)
Backstreet Boys
61cFpRodanL._SL1118_.jpg

The self-titled debut album.
Released on May 6, 1996

Label
20th Century-Fox Records

Distributor
Buena Vista Music Distribution

Track Listing
1) We've Got it Goin' On
2) Anywhere for You
3) Get Down (You're the One for Me)
4) I'll Never Break Your Heart
5) Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart)
6) Boys Will Be Boys
7) Tell Me That I'm Dreaming
8) Darlin'
9) I Wanna Be With You
10) Just to Be Close to You
11) Let's Have a Party
12) Everytime I Close My Eyes
13) Roll With It
14) Nobody But You​

1. Why not? Disney's never skimped on thematic eateries for their theme parks!
  2. Touche. It'll still have a bit of controversy from Greenpeace nutjobs but that'll likely pass by quickly.
  3. The history of Native American tribes is too important to not include in this exploration of the American experience.
  4. I agree completely.
  5. Good point. I just thought that an area celebrating the culture of Golden Age Hollywood would fit in with the park's overall theme of Americana rather well.
  6. Fun Fact: If they build the Statue of Liberty at its full height it'd dwarf every castle Disney ever built. Including the nearly 200 foot castle in Shanghai. So I'm guessing a half-scale to three-quarter scale replica would be more than enough to put a ride in there. Would it be impractical to have the gift shop be in the statue's head or would it have to be in the pedestal? Either way, the statue's head, and torch would be primo photo-op locations.
  7. So a comedic farce of a ride where you and your illicit cargo seek to flee the cartoonishly corrupt Chicago PD? With the ride ending, naturally, in a speakeasy/gift shop.
2. I reckon the controversy will mainly emerge from the West and not from Japan, so I doubt Disney will change the narrative of the ride because of that, especially when the story doesn't depict whaling in a particularly positive light.
3. Yes, it is important (and grossly underrepresented in American culture), which is why I suggested them as one of the lands in American Odyssey.
6. It'd definitely be a scaled-down replica so it doesn't overshadow TDL's castle, assuming the 200ft height limit restriction doesn't apply to Japan. The gift shop should be at the pedestal, obviously, but I agree that the Statue would be a great location for photos or selfies.
7. Mhm, that's exactly what I imagined with the ride.

The area for Golden Age Hollywood can be patterned after Buena Vista Street at DCA, complete with the Carthay Circle replica.
That's seems pretty likely. They could even have a Walt statue somewhere in American Odyssey.

Disney's American Odyssey (Urayasu, Chiba Prefecture; The second gate for the Tokyo Disney World property)
Opening in 1998 or '99
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment
Nice! Considering this is the Oriental Land Company we're talking about, no doubt that this is going to be a very meticulous and detailed homage to the American experience. A more refined and nostalgic counterpart to DCA 1.0.

Disney's Second Gate in Anaheim (Anaheim, CA; On the site of the original Disneyland parking lot)
Working Title:
Epic Kingdom (Temporary until a better name is suggested; Similar in theme to IOA)
Opening in 1999 or 2000
Licensees:
Mirage Studios
Tribune Media
Amblin Entertainment
Epic Kingdom is actually a pretty good name, and I don't really have any suggestions at the moment sadly.

2. I reckon the controversy will mainly emerge from the West and not from Japan, so I doubt Disney will change the narrative of the ride because of that, especially when the story doesn't depict whaling in a particularly positive light.
3. Yes, it is important (and grossly underrepresented in American culture), which is why I suggested them as one of the lands in American Odyssey.
6. It'd definitely be a scaled-down replica so it doesn't overshadow TDL's castle, assuming the 200ft height limit restriction doesn't apply to Japan. The gift shop should be at the pedestal, obviously, but I agree that the Statue would be a great location for photos or selfies.
7. Mhm, that's exactly what I imagined with the ride.
  1. Another option could be a more action-packed adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Which to me would be basically a variant of Star Tours in a submarine in a spaceship.
  2. It all depends on which tribes you'd be focused on. Because there were a lot of them. Either the Great Plains tribes like the Souix or the Iriquois would be decent inspiration.
  3. The replica could be designed to include both the ride itself and the elevator needed to get to the statue's head and torch. Though the cynic in me has to admit that opening up the torch to tourists is just asking for someone to fall off of it.
  4. Maybe the riders are independent bootleggers who get caught between the corrupt Chicago PD and the local mob family seeking to eliminate their competition in the booze-smuggling business. Wacky shenanigans ensue.
That's seems pretty likely. They could even have a Walt statue somewhere in American Odyssey.
The area should be called "Hollywoodland" to evoke the early years of Old Hollywood. I'd have a ride where you're in a fictionalized version of the classic Disney Hyperion Studio as a mischievous cartoon character comes to life and wreaks Sorceror's Apprentice-style havoc on the unsuspecting studio. It's basically a more light-hearted take on a ride I came up for Disney Cinemagic Park in the first iteration of the thread. Which was basically "Bendy and the Ink Machine: the Ride".
Nice! Considering this is the Oriental Land Company we're talking about, no doubt that this is going to be a very meticulous and detailed homage to the American experience. A more refined and nostalgic counterpart to DCA 1.0.
Though with the TMNT and Dick Tracy along for the ride they might want to build an NYC-themed land to properly incorporate the IPs into the park.

1. Another option could be a more action-packed adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Which to me would be basically a variant of Star Tours in a submarine in a spaceship.
  2. It all depends on which tribes you'd be focused on. Because there were a lot of them. Either the Great Plains tribes like the Souix or the Iriquois would be decent inspiration.
  3. The replica could be designed to include both the ride itself and the elevator needed to get to the statue's head and torch. Though the cynic in me has to admit that opening up the torch to tourists is just asking for someone to fall off of it.
  4. Maybe the riders are independent bootleggers who get caught between the corrupt Chicago PD and the local mob family seeking to eliminate their competition in the booze-smuggling business. Wacky shenanigans ensue.
1. That could be an option but I still prefer Moby Dick since it is American, but the ride could be a good fit for Euro Disneyland.
2. I suggested the tribes at Oklahoma because the tribes there are very well known and identifiable to most foreign audience thanks to stereotypes but it is a good opportunity to represent those cultures respectfully.
3. Well, Disney could just close it off and just make it light up at night as an alternative.
4. Yes, that's a fairly good outline for the ride, but the mob family should be downplayed aside from a few references due to the presence of the Yakuza.

The area should be called "Hollywoodland" to evoke the early years of Old Hollywood. I'd have a ride where you're in a fictionalized version of the classic Disney Hyperion Studio as a mischievous cartoon character comes to life and wreaks Sorceror's Apprentice-style havoc on the unsuspecting studio. It's basically a more light-hearted take on a ride I came up for Disney Cinemagic Park in the first iteration of the thread. Which was basically "Bendy and the Ink Machine: the Ride".
Considering Disney has planned a Hollywoodland IOTL (including a Roger Rabbit ride), I'm okay with that name. I'd suggest Oswald as that character, assuming Disney got the IP back from Universal, but Mickey isn't a bad character at all for this ride (him being a protagonist would be a huge boost to his popularity and a return to form to his original characterization).

Though with the TMNT and Dick Tracy along for the ride they might want to build an NYC-themed land to properly incorporate the IPs into the park.
I guess an NYC-themed land is virtually inevitable for American Odyssey.
Assuming we still have 7 lands in American Odyssey, I guess it could be arranged like this:
  1. New York City (w/ Statue of Liberty)
  2. New England (Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard)
  3. The South (Antebellum or 1930s)
  4. The Midwest (Chicago 1920s)
  5. The Great Plains (Texas/Oklahoma w/ Indian Reservations)
  6. Hollywoodland (1950s w/ Little Tokyo)
  7. Pacific Northwest (Oregon or Washington) / Florida / Rocky Mountains (Utah or Colorado)

Back tracking just a tad....

Anastasia
Story Meeting
April 23, 1996

don-bluth.jpg

Don Bluth
"Daniel, let me get this straight, you want to change the names of 90% of the characters and settings?"

5H5brmc.jpg

Daniel Abbott [1]
"Yes. But it's more than just changing names. Since we're trying to make a fairy tale/musical, why not use parallels to the Romanovs' downfall rather than directly using it as the backdrop of the picture? I say this because I worked on a Simpsons episode in which Homer formed a barbershop quartet and the writing staff incorporated many parallels to the rise and fall of the Beatles. Does that make sense?"

Bluth
"And you say Meg Ryan is too old for the title character. Who else do you think would be better?"

Abbott
"I saw Sense and Sensibility a week or two before my surgery. I thought maybe we'd get Kate Winslet to at least read for the part."

Bluth
"And for Dimitri?"

Abbott
"Christian Bale."

[1] This is an older photo of Abbott circa '89ish. By '96, his hair is moderately shorter.​

1. That could be an option but I still prefer Moby Dick since it is American, but the ride could be a good fit for Euro Disneyland.
2. I suggested the tribes at Oklahoma because the tribes there are very well known and identifiable to most foreign audience thanks to stereotypes but it is a good opportunity to represent those cultures respectfully.
3. Well, Disney could just close it off and just make it light up at night as an alternative.
4. Yes, that's a fairly good outline for the ride, but the mob family should be downplayed aside from a few references due to the presence of the Yakuza.
  1. Touche, Though you have a good point about 20K Leagues fitting in better with Euro Disneyland than American Odyssey.
  2. Good point.
  3. Maybe the big ride, along with any licensed IP rides in the area, Would be a show about America's relationship with immigration built in a replica of Ellis Island. So basically a Carousel of Progress-style ride all about immigration.
  4. So a few references by the corrupt cops and some wanted posters hidden in the scenery? That could work!
Considering Disney has planned a Hollywoodland IOTL (including a Roger Rabbit ride), I'm okay with that name. I'd suggest Oswald as that character, assuming Disney got the IP back from Universal, but Mickey isn't a bad character at all for this ride (him being a protagonist would be a huge boost to his popularity and a return to form to his original characterization).
Considering that the ride is basically a more meta version of the Sorceror's Apprentice segment of Fantasia Mickey fits the ride perfectly.
Assuming we still have 7 lands in American Odyssey, I guess it could be arranged like this:
  7. Pacific Northwest (Oregon or Washington) / Florida / Rocky Mountains (Utah or Colorado)
I don't know how most of the various lands would be arranged but I had the idea of the NYC/Big Apple land filling the rough position of being American Odyssey's Main Street USA as well as its hub area.

The South land would definitely be in the Jazz era both because of Japan's fascination with Jazz and to avoid undue romanticization of the Antebellum era.

I would use Alaska as the seventh area that we can have a Mont Denili Coaster

Yeah, I've got one. Who owns Blockbuster Video ITTL?

Before you ask, this is also a pun.

Blockbuster was recently sold to Sony Corporation of America.

Speaking of Blockbuster, locations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Biloxi have been importing French-language VHS tapes from Quebec in recent years. One title in particular is the French dub of Casper, in which Devon Sawa's lines were dubbed in French by Mighty Ducks co-star Gus St. Pierre.

Blockbuster was recently sold to Sony Corporation of America.

Speaking of Blockbuster, locations in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport and Biloxi have been importing French-language VHS tapes from Quebec in recent years. One title in particular is the French dub of Casper, in which Devon Sawa's lines were dubbed in French by Mighty Ducks co-star Gus St. Pierre.
So whats sony of america going to do. I doubt that Columbia would want to sell to them ttl. It two bad that the warner carcol deal went through. It would have been a perfect target for Sony America. Would you consider doing a reconn. If you say no I will accept that . I feel that the sony carcol deal is better because it make the american flim industy less olgipolic then the Warner Carclo deal. Reconting the Warner Carlco deal to Sony Carlco Deal is also free up more of Warners money to buy out Namco USA and Knotts Berry farm

Last edited:
So whats sony of america going to do. I doubt that Columbia would want to sell to them ttl. It two bad that the warner carcol deal went through. It would have been a perfect target for Sony America
If there's one studio Sony can purchase now, it'll likely be New Line.