As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

What is more likely to happen:
- The Japan pavilion at EPCOT Center will likely be repurposed for a Great Anime Ride showcasing all of Fox's anime dubs.
- The next expansions at both Anaheim and Orlando will have Springfield squeezed in...somehow.
- Whipstaff Manor and Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers will anchor the stretch of Pico Boulevard closest to the outdoor theatre where Fantasmic plays.
- Universal will extend its licensing deal with Hasbro and Nintendo.
I hope you would recondsider replacing the entire jappanse pavilion with a great anime ride because there are some good reasturants and shops like a branch of a jappanes deparment store their. Also if you are going to make a anime ride for the world show instead of disney's japaness adventure do you have any other idea for what you could do with the land that failed Calaforina adventure was built on otl

We will, but I'm gonna need the map you showed me the other day for reference. 1998 or '99 is the target date for Bally's Glasgow park.

If Knott's doesn't cut a deal with Henson, look for Six Kings to be the second choice. As of right now, another chain is planning a park on the Hollywood Park site in Inglewood. It is unclear if it is Six Kings, Turner Leisure, Funtime-Tierco or another of the smaller chains. I'm thinking of bringing a theme park to Palm Springs or Palm Desert, but it'll likely need to be a dome similar to what Bally is building in Vegas.

Speaking of Vegas, could there be room in the region for more parks?

RE: Popeye

King Features Syndicate technically still owns the character.

Turner Broadcasting acquired the theme park rights for really cheap because King Features didn't really anticipate amusement parks becoming a lucrative business when they licensed the character to Fleischer Studios during the Depression.

Universal still retains the Popeye cartoons made by Famous Studios between 1953 until about 1971. Turner has since gained access to the 1933-52 shorts via a license from King Features. Universal also retains the live action Popeye film from the early Eighties.
I suggest that which company henson or six kings doesn't buy knotts builds the park in palm dessert or palm springs. Alternaly the

Has the turner funtieterico deal fell through since your are consdiering trunner leisure or Funtime Terico to build the park on the old hollywood horse racing track

I now that Warner borthers is licensing thier characters to namco parks but is deal global or just for the united states. In OTL warners brothers propties are lincessed to six flags in america but are licnesed to village roadshows in austilaia and the company that own hopi haria in barazil. I sure that village road show warnerborthers movie world in Gold Coast Austirlain open atl.

We will, but I'm gonna need the map you showed me the other day for reference. 1998 or '99 is the target date for Bally's Glasgow park.
MampDs outline.png

Here is the map you wanted, the location marked in orange is the current OTL M&D's park, the blue is ofc the area that could be expanded upon for the park and potential resort complex.

I don't want the entire pavilion be converted for the ride, as it would most likely ruin the whole aesthetic of the Pavilion and of the identity of World Showcase itself, which is to showcase the cultures of entire countries around the globe. Anime is one part of Japanese culture, but it shouldn't subsume everything else.

Could Disney just repurpose the abandoned Meet the World building and further expand it for the Great Anime Ride?

Having DCA in Japan would be kinda wild but I actually think it would work in this context, since Disney is likely to use designs similar to the original, more ambitious concept of DCA. Alternatively, Disney could also expand DCA into Disney's American Adventure where they display lands from all across America from Route 66, Texas, the South, the Midwest, New York, New England, and etc. if they wanted to simulate the true American experience to the Japanese.

For the Japanese Adventure park, it does sound like an interesting idea, if only to provide a fantasy Japanese castle be the counterpart to the Western-styled Sleeping Beauty Castle. Maybe it will mirror Disneyland in terms of land theming (Main Street USA, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, etc.), but perhaps it doesn't have to be that way, as I do like to be surprised with whatever content is posted in this TL. :openedeyewink:

I don't want the entire pavilion be converted for the ride, as it would most likely ruin the whole aesthetic of the Pavilion and of the identity of World Showcase itself, which is to showcase the cultures of entire countries around the globe. Anime is one part of Japanese culture, but it shouldn't subsume everything else.

Could Disney just repurpose the abandoned Meet the World building and further expand it for the Great Anime Ride?

Having DCA in Japan would be kinda wild but I actually think it would work in this context, since Disney is likely to use designs similar to the original, more ambitious concept of DCA. Alternatively, Disney could also expand DCA into Disney's American Adventure where they display lands from all across America from Route 66, Texas, the South, the Midwest, New York, New England, and etc. if they wanted to simulate the true American experience to the Japanese.

For the Japanese Adventure park, it does sound like an interesting idea, if only to provide a fantasy Japanese castle be the counterpart to the Western-styled Sleeping Beauty Castle. Maybe it will mirror Disneyland in terms of land theming (Main Street USA, Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, etc.), but perhaps it doesn't have to be that way, as I do like to be surprised with whatever content is posted in this TL. :openedeyewink:
Glad to see some else supporting my disney japanesse adventure idea. Do you have any idea for acrations for Disney Japaness adventure.

Glad to see some else supporting my disney japanesse adventure idea. Do you have any idea for acrations for Disney Japaness adventure.
A dark ride about Princess Kaguya would be nice, as well as other stories related to popular legends and heroes of Japanese culture like Jiraiya, Goemon, or the Taros, but a coaster/log flume ride about the carp and the Dragon Gate would also be pretty epic, as ordinary fish end up becoming beautiful dragons at the climax/finale.

So basically you want Disney's California Adventure as the second Tokyo gate?
I prefer the more general Disney's American Adventure since it would allow Japanese audiences to explore the wider American culture instead of just California (plus we preserve the New York/Cape Cod stuff in Tokyo DisneySea), but it is up to you.

A dark ride about Princess Kaguya would be nice, as well as other stories related to popular legends and heroes of Japanese culture like Jiraiya, Goemon, or the Taros, but a coaster/log flume ride about the carp and the Dragon Gate would also be pretty epic, as ordinary fish end up becoming beautiful dragons at the climax/finale.
How about a 47 Ronin one?

@Denliner

So basically you want Disney's California Adventure as the second Tokyo gate?
I am the one who suggested making Disney Calaforina advenutre the second gate at Tokyo. The idea has a bit of pottery to me because Japan and calafora are about same size and thier on the opposite of the pacfic form each other.

I’d have the hypothetical Disney’s American Adventure have land representing regions. I can’t decide how many at the moment, but the one representing the northeast could have the Statue of Liberty as the centrepiece.

My rough estimate would be that it’d have five lands. One for the northeast, one for the south, one for the Great Plains, and one for the west. And one representing DC as the Main Street USA/ hub with a replica of the capitol building.

That is nice and all, but we gotta find a way to make an American themed park in Japan work without explicitly having "America" in the name.

That is nice and all, but we gotta find a way to make an American themed park in Japan work without explicitly having "America" in the name.
Why is that a bad thing? It is a park about America and a counterpart to the Japanese concept back in the West, so I am sure the Japanese would understand the dual nature of the two parks and why it was named that way.

Well, there's always DCA to fall back on, and I am a bit interested in seeing how such a park would play out in Tokyo...