The New Order: Last Days of Europe Thread II

So apparently Serov won't display Koreanphobia anymore following a rework. Would not be suprised if that instead he develops his own antisemitism instead

Jorji

Banned
Yeah probably. Koreaphobia, while not 🤔was tbf random though not OOC. No opinions either way regarding it’s removal

Wasn't the German Army pretty thoroughly Nazified?
Yes, I don’t want to white wash that at all. At the same time, individual stories about people who have already gong through a lot of shit in Russia already (Guy has been in Russia for a good decade by now) and the like can do some charecter growth for a interesting perspective on things. One idea I have would be him eventually encountering Werchmart units in Moskowein when his travels bring him there and just being very very uneasy when they just go full spiel Nazis, and realizing how he was just like them once. I’d really to like emphasize he’s not the typical German soldier here, but a unique guy from a unique experience (being captured by the soviets and then having to surrvive like the rest of the people there for a full on decade) which would warp most anyone’s world view.

Yes, I don’t want to white wash that at all. At the same time, individual stories about people who have already gong through a lot of shit in Russia already (Guy has been in Russia for a good decade by now) and the like can do some charecter growth for a interesting perspective on things. One idea I have would be him eventually encountering Werchmart units in Moskowein when his travels bring him there and just being very very uneasy when they just go full spiel Nazis, and realizing how he was just like them once. I’d really to like emphasize he’s not the typical German soldier here, but a unique guy from a unique experience (being captured by the soviets and then having to surrvive like the rest of the people there for a full on decade) which would warp most anyone’s world view.
Makes sense. What ideas did you have for different Russian nations for this?

So apparently Serov won't display Koreanphobia anymore following a rework. Would not be suprised if that instead he develops his own antisemitism instead
Well that sucks. I kinda thought the Korean stuff worked in regards to Serov's ideology. It's also a nice little nod to the fact that the closest thing in OTL to Serov's Russia is North Korea (also NazBols but those guys are generally a joke outside of Russia).

Last edited:
I would say, on the socially progressive Stalinism thing, that it's not really any more of a contradiction than being a socially progressive follower of, say, Churchill, or someone who is a fan of FDR but doesn't want to intern Japanese-Americans. The reactionary social conservatism wasn't a key part of Stalinism as a political ideology, to the extent that it existed, and can easily be written off as essentially of its time. Not to say these people are good or correct in their views, just that they aren't as contradictory as they appear.

The truth why the Gang of four is the best route for Germany.

Comrades, friends, kameraten, anime girls, normal human beings and "people" who put pineapple on their pizzas.

I come towards you not as a god, but as one of you, yes, you all except the pineapple pizzaer's, to bring you the superior logical reasoning that brings you the real, unique, and truthfull reason why the gang of four is the best route for Germany, the only one that can garantee a good ending, and the only one that will bring the only good ending possible. Some might consider being the fact that the increasing living standart and salaries would result on more people being able to buy the VW beetle, yes that is a positive thing, in fact I think that the only good nazi ending is if the VW grows so much that they buy the german government and replace he fuhrer with a self aware VW beetle, but that is not reason why this route is the best one.

For the gang of four to be the best route you need something greater, something that will overshadow anything and EVERYTHING that can come in other routes, more than Bormann cybersyn chairs, or fascist speer Hugo Boss cap. Something that goes greater than Göring spawning Maus tanks, or Schörner dark glasses, something greater even than Heydrich negociating skills. This something is the only thing that makes the Gang of Four be worth playing, not democracy, I tell you, since you can also get democracy by screwing up as Boring man, but something that won't come in other routes, something as perfect as Mozart, that builds a world without comissars

This something that makes the Gang of Four to be the best route is him, yes, him, the man, the legend, who received a call from Vienna and dressed like Napoleon. The cultural restrictions of other routes won't allow Germany to be as liberal enought to accept someone this outrageous to be a public figure.

Ja Mein Herr, exactly who you think.

So please, play as the gang of four to unlock him in TNO2.

Cheers
Gukpa.

Might as well repost, didn't expect the thread to get locked so early with 30 pages to go. Probably also helps that I'm pondering Volgin's reactions to other warlords or possibly a MGS/TNO crossover (at least the implications of it).

Something that wouldn't leave my head: Colonel Volgin from MGS3 in the Russian Anarchy, most likely Tyumen.

fbL19F2.png

No doubt he'd usurp power from Kaganovich and purge both Lazar's clique and Khrushchev's at the regional stage, before inheriting the Stalinist cult of personality Lazar established. Off the top of my head, what would immediately set apart Volgin from Kaganovich is that the Colonel's reunited Russia would be a massive NKVD police state in addition to being a Stalinist hell, a mix of Lazar's WSPR and Yagoda's Far Eastern SSR, only difference being that Volgin's police state only intensifies after his WSPR reaches the regional stage.

But other than that, I was torn between it being a MGS/TNO crossover (which would see massive butterflies in the plot of MGS3, especially since canonically The Boss and the Cobras fought for the Allies in WW2.) or Groznyj Grad being ISOTed to Tyumen in 1962 (which would be a massive shift in the balance of power almost overnight to say the least).

Last edited:
@Baron Steakpuncher I have some questions about Maudling

A) Why is he a liberal? He seemed like a conservative OTL

B) As a liberal, can we say that he's more progressive than Jellicoe but unable to pass his reforms?

@Baron Steakpuncher I have some questions about Maudling

A) Why is he a liberal? He seemed like a conservative OTL

B) As a liberal, can we say that he's more progressive than Jellicoe but unable to pass his reforms?
A : Cynical politics. He's combined his genuine desire for a more democratic system with the fact that as an officially conservative member of parliament he can act as a defacto representative for people who might not agree with everything he says but doesn't have a better option. He then builds this constituency under the label of liberalism despite he himself holding views closer to a consensus-era OTL tory.

Basically think the Australian Liberal Party rather than the actual OTL british liberal party. A mix of conservatives and small l liberals who don't like the other representatives of the right.

B : Jellicoe OTL was a member of the Monday Club so Maudling is certainly more progressive on some issues (like race). But the reality is the political system he's in would never tolerate the amount of stuff Jellicoe has to do because his own party and the opposition want it.