Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If anything this is more of a Brazil analogue with some of the political things going on.

I guess a Yucatan Kingdom within the Empire of Mexico would generally alleviate a lot of tensions. It could end up working out in the long term like how Spain had home rule for the Basques as part of the Kingdom of Navarre.

Thoughts?
If the Liberal Party and the Monarchy stay on the same page a Progressive Mexico could emerge that has very good and bright prospects.

Great timeline, Sārthākā. I look forward to reading more.
Two things about Louisiana intrigue me. The name of the capital firstly: OTL's "Norlins" would become TTL's "Nuv'lorlyon"! Wouldn't the French name become officially recognised worldwide ?
Also, in the Louisiana wikibox, the per capita GDP was £71,000. That's a) a helluva lot of money, and b) in pounds. Or maybe Pounds are small TTL... We will have to wait and see, I suppose!
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays everyone!

Great timeline, Sārthākā. I look forward to reading more.
Two things about Louisiana intrigue me. The name of the capital firstly: OTL's "Norlins" would become TTL's "Nuv'lorlyon"! Wouldn't the French name become officially recognised worldwide ?
Also, in the Louisiana wikibox, the per capita GDP was £71,000. That's a) a helluva lot of money, and b) in pounds. Or maybe Pounds are small TTL... We will have to wait and see, I suppose!
Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays everyone!
Well it depends how La Nouvelle-Orléans is pronounced, OTL it is la nuvɛlɔʁleɑ̃ which makes me think something like Velorian or Veyorlian could be common.

Does Alonso Mancilla de Teruel Moctezuma y Calatayud, Duke of Montezuma de Tultengo, have any suitable female relatives? :p

Duke of Moctezuma de Tultengo - Wikipedia

they did, apparently the problem is just that their names are not written. Alonso's parents had 3 sons and 4 daughters, but the other 2 sons, and 4 daughter's names are unlisted. Very hard to come across
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they Spanish nobility, not Mexican? I know they're descended from Moctezuma, but the impression I got from googling was that they've all lived in Spain ever since.

I wouldn't call it manifest destiny that implies there's something 'unique' to it. It's plain colonization and imperialism, nothing else.
Much like OTL USA I imagine they'll dress it up with fancy language but its still a land grab, probably with an attitude similar to the OTL Falkland Islands. "It's ours, it always belonged to us, give, seriously it is ours honest!"

Being bigger (and likely independent) that probably goes even worse than the RL Argentina and its obsession with the islands

about this, you can be quite sure Nappy II will play a big role......
Oh, I just had an interesting thought. With Mexico’s seemingly great decision in appointing a Bonarparte, wouldn’t there be a significant movement in the other South American countries to do the same?

Alternatively, homebrewing their own?
Well picking a Bonaparte would come with certain expectations. Due to recent events, they are one of the most well known ones that have successfully seen a South American country through some turbulent times and came out looking really good for the dynasty and country. Such popularity would translate really well to the people, as they would immediately think of the name Bonaparte when deciding on a new form of government.

Well picking a Bonaparte would come with certain expectations. Due to recent events, they are one of the most well known ones that have successfully seen a South American country through some turbulent times and came out looking really good for the dynasty and country. Such popularity would translate really well to the people, as they would immediately think of the name Bonaparte when deciding on a new form of government.
hmm Mexico is not in South America.

I think he means replicating the Bonaparte success by bringing in a Bonaparte to a South American nation.
There is probably a shortage of candidates at this point. Joseph is accounted for, Lucien is semi retired in Italy (and OTL only has a decade to live) and Louis only wants his old job back (and was one imposed king his subjects actually liked). Jerome is possible but Louis's son Charles is 19 and wasn't to wonderful as Napoleon III OTL. Most of the rest are either distant relatives, or female which likely disqualifies them from consideration.

There is probably a shortage of candidates at this point. Joseph is accounted for, Lucien is semi retired in Italy (and OTL only has a decade to live) and Louis only wants his old job back (and was one imposed king his subjects actually liked). Jerome is possible but Louis's son Charles is 19 and wasn't to wonderful as Napoleon III OTL. Most of the rest are either distant relatives, or female which likely disqualifies them from consideration.

There is Lucien's sons though (Charles Lucien (24 as of 1827) , Paul Marie (18) who hopefully doesn't succumb to a horrible gun cleaning accident, Louis Luicen (14), Pierre Napoleon (12), Antoine (11)) , as well as Louis' eldest son, (Napoleon) Louis II (22). Discounting the ones who would require a regency, there is not that much of a shortage, but a shortage nonetheless, I will agree.

Well finally caught up, and so far I'm really enjoying this TL. It seems if I want to read well-thought out TL's based on the British Empire/Commonwealth prospering, Sarthaka is the go to author. This TL in particular I consider a worthy successor to Dathi's YACW (Damn it Dathi, I miss reading your TL :cryingface:)

Well finally caught up, and so far I'm really enjoying this TL. It seems if I want to read well-thought out TL's based on the British Empire/Commonwealth prospering, Sarthaka is the go to author. This TL in particular I consider a worthy successor to Dathi's YACW (Damn it Dathi, I miss reading your TL :cryingface:)
What's YACW?