Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webp.net-compress-image (1).jpg

Here's my headcanon map of Kaiserreich in 1938, just prior to the outbreak of the Second Weltkrieg. Credits to @Yanranay for the basemap used to make this!

Gian

Banned
The year is 98 BCE and my goal of reaching Judea is fulfilled (now comes the task of subduing Egypt and Gaul before the 1st century AD)
ezgif-com-gif-maker-1.gif

A few maps that will eventually be used in my Boulanger TL. First up is the Abyssinia/ Ethiopian Empire which ends up getting awarded Italian Eritrea in the Three Years War.

Ethiopia_Final.png

This might sound bizarre, but I've been thinking about an Ethiopia with a coastline quite a lot recently...

Great map.

Northstar

american nations names.png

And a blank version:
american nations.png

The glorious clusterfuck of a timeline that leads to this mess is still in the _very_ early stages of development and may never see the light of day.
Feel free to make up your own backstory, and feel free to use/ modify the map to your hearts content.

Last edited:
A few maps that will eventually be used in my Boulanger TL. First up is the Abyssinia/ Ethiopian Empire which ends up getting awarded Italian Eritrea in the Three Years War.

Ethiopia_Final.png

A successful (ish) Central American Union, which is glued together largely in fear of American expansionism.

cnetroamerica.png

And finally what remains of the British pupp-... ‘allied‘ Federation of India after the Second Indian Revolt in the 60s. Basically a weird semi federal union of surviving Princely States (chief among being the Maharaja of Mysore), which continue to host British garrisons and bases. Ceylon also continues on in similar fashion as a separate British protectorate.

South_India.png
Looks like the Ethiopians got most of Afar, plus a portion of what Tigre areas were not already in it. Did another country get what remained of Italian Eritrea or was the colony just smaller or focused more inland in this world? And who controls Lakshadweep in this world? I am wondering what got those Central Americans so glued together. You mention expansionism, but even since the Mexican-American war Americans were rather careful to not annex areas with too many Hispanics. Did they annex Panama and the Caribbean islands here? I am guessing with Belize in the way that Guatemala doesn’t see the need to join the group. Lot of potential in those two areas for there to be power played be the Centramericans, Mexicans, British, and Americans. Me oh my.... The French tried any economic inroads in the area? Presumably before the Americans took French Guiana.

KjUfxca.png

An unfinished map from a concept for a book I was writing. The book itself was more of a romance between a British Indian Army Officer and an American woman, but to properly flesh out the world these characters existed in, I wrote an extensive lore to back it up. This is supposed to be the world circa 1890.

The background of it all, the POD if you will, is the total expulsion of the French from North America. This leads to butterflies that causes a more radical Sons of Liberty, culminating in a 1775 raid on the Boston Harbor where they capture a Royal Navy sloop and bombard the harbor merchantmen and shell the local army garrison. With the revolutionaries more radical, the American Insurrection (as it's known in this TL) does not garner much support from even the more "radical" independent-minded Americans. The British are quick to stomp out the Insurrection and it fades out into the background. Some of the issues are resolved with the Dominion Act of 1789, creating the Dominion of North America - the first of its kind - out of the North American colonies under British possession. Basically how Dominions were IRL. This paves the way, later on, for future dominions in India (following the Indian Insurrection), Australasia, and elsewhere.

In Europe, the Bourbons never fell and thus France remains a kingdom. In 1848, the Holy Roman Empire collapsed under the weight of a popular uprising in the Hapsburg Hungarian and Slavic lands, as well as German uprisings throughout the area. Hungary declares independence during this period as well, crowing one of their own as the King and deposing the Hapsburg. The Austrians, forced from pretty much everywhere except Austria itself and its possession of Bohemia-Moravia, enter into talks at Frankfurt which end up forming the German Confederation, which is a little more powerful than in IRL. As of 1890, the states have collected (as depicted on the map) between the Austrian-led south in yellow, and the Prussian-led north in grey. The weird looking tumor thing in pale is Bohemia-Moravia, part of Austria through a personal crown possession of the Austrian monarch but not technically part of the German Confederation. Currently it looks like there will be a war between the German states, which I was going to call the 'Bundeskrieg,' or the Confederation War, which would eventually cause the Great Powers of Europe to fall in line on one side or the other, causing basically the World War.

The Ottoman Empire disintegrated in what is known in this world as the Eastern Crisis in the late 1840s, around the same time as the 1848 Spring of Nations, mirroring the real life reasons for the Crimean War. In this world, the Russians were helped by the French and British instead of being attacked by them. During the Eastern Crisis, the Balkan erupted into national revolutions as the European great powers bore down on the Ottomans, with the Greek revolutionaries marching all the way to Constantinople where they crowned Ypsilantis as Emperor of the Romans. Bulgaria, Romania, and the Serbians rose up as well and tore away what they could in the fray and anarchy. In the end result, the British, French, and Russians divided the Levant into their own zones, becoming colonies in the latter half of the century.

Scandinavia was united relatively recently in this world, like the 1870s, through British diplomatic machinations to thwart French plans to unite Italy under the Bourbons ruling the Two Sicilies. Italy still remains disunited as ever, but it looks as though things might very well come to blows sooner or later.

Some things to note would be the significance presence of a Zulu Empire in South Africa, contending with a Dutch colony in Zuid-Afrika. Mexico declared independence as it did, ruling as the Mexican Empire. Texas seceded in an independence war as it did IRL, British settlers rising up against the Mexicans but preserving their sternly-fought independence. Through this same war, the Yucatan peninsula rose up and fought against the Mexicans, falling under British protection.

Last edited:
View attachment 582704
And a blank version:
View attachment 582705

The glorious clusterfuck of a timeline that leads to this mess is still in the _very_ early stages of development and may never see the light of day.
Feel free to make up your own backstory, and feel free to use/ modify the map to your hearts content.

I'm guessing some sort of Yugoslavian-style breakup for the US? That would help explain things like the western Virginian enclave.

Status
Not open for further replies.