Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP: another "primordial" world inspired by MunicipalEngine's Antediluvian Histories (from which I copied Atlantis. Let me know if that's a problem!)

PrimordialWorld.png

I'm going with a largely sunken-by-this-point Lemuria.

(I'm not sure who originally did that Zelandia? If anyone knows, let me know so I can credit them.)

Ave Majorianus!
1rB70x2.png

Here's a map of the Western Roman Empire prior to Majorian's death.
In an era of stagnation, as the sun set on the West, the Empire, a hero emerged in its darkest hour. Emperor Majorian in a span of a few short years manage to reconquer most of the Empire's lost lands which had been taken over by Germanic tribes. Through skilled usage of warfare and diplomacy, critical regions were taken with the other tribes forced into a foederate status as the Empire's vassals. But the Emperor was betrayed, and the fleet he had been building to retake North Africa, the breadbasket of the Empire, was burned. Now without very many options the Emperor returned to Italy, where due to intrigues by the corrupt Senatorial aristocracy and the despicable Ricimer, had Majorian arrested and executed. The Senatorial Aristocracy had been angered by Majorian's various reforms to end abuses by the aristocracy, and his crackdown on the rampant administrative corruption. Without competent leadership, the Western Empire subsequently collapsed in little more than a decade. What do you guys think of this map?

I've also posted this on
Imgur as well.

Edit: @Analytical Engine I fixed the color issue for the key.
I like but the colours in the key still don't seem to match the map.

The Revolution went perfectly for the German people. The Nationalversammlung (national assembly) didn't fail like in real life, but went quite well. Friedrich Wilhelm the IV. accepted the role of Kaiser. Now Germany has a democratic government with the Kaiser as the head of state. A constitual mornachy where the Kaiser has some powers, but is limited by the government. The capital is Frankfurt am Main, the Kaiser lives in Berlin.

St. Petersburg is by far the biggest city in the Finnish State. It has a level of autonomy because the most people in the city are ethnic russian, but the city gets cleansed of all non- russian or finnish,

The Romanovs still exist, but they aren't labeled as Tsars. Russia is now not an empire anymore but a kingdom after the defeat to Finland. Romanovs are still in charge.
Wouldn’t it be a pretty bad idea for the Finns to remove all the non-Russians from the city? Divide and conquer seems best, especially given the various Finnic groups around there. If the Finns support the Germans anyways, then expelling them would be a bad move. Would St. Petersburg even be that important anymore if it didn’t have the Russian Taxes or a lot of economic and naval focus placed upon it by the Russians?
de3p4an-3ccf1869-383d-44b5-a704-29b9aee0e39a.png

Another submission to my A Shining Valley reboot. You can find it on deviantart here
A roller coaster, this map. Happy, annoyed, content, perturbed, confused... it comes from the battle of deciding if you are more Californian, Southern Californian, or San Diegan. Speaking of which, it isn’t here. Guessing it wasn’t too major at the time, given the low populations of all cities shown. Things don’t bode very well to the people of Santa Fe in New Mexico here, though I suppose them being far enough out of the way that they wouldn’t be driven into deserts or anything. Is there some sort of Gadsden Purchase later on here, or does Santa Anne it go for it in this timeline and keeps his second presidency for longer?
Redid some areas of a map I previously posted on here, since it's final stages where a bit rushed. Some area's could still be shaky lore wise, but anyway here's the Commune of France.

kqJXxu13_o.jpg
My, my. They keep any of their overseas colonies and ports or did the locals and other Europeans scoop those up? You have this as a recent map in the ATL it is from? Just looking at the name of Britain reminds me of how often all other countries would just call it England in maps until maybe four or five decades back.
WIP: another "primordial" world inspired by MunicipalEngine's Antediluvian Histories (from which I copied Atlantis. Let me know if that's a problem!)

View attachment 577319

I'm going with a largely sunken-by-this-point Lemuria.

(I'm not sure who originally did that Zelandia? If anyone knows, let me know so I can credit them.)
Oh dear. Everywhere I have ever lived is either sunken, frozen, or is now questionable habitable. Still, I am imagining the world mythology of this, as I feel that from three thousand years back that many cultures will know how there is land in the distance and not just open ocean. Except with the Pacific. And hmmm. I feel grade winds and tides will be rather different here. Around what year do you plan on the map being when you finishing making and then filling it in?

Wouldn’t it be a pretty bad idea for the Finns to remove all the non-Russians from the city? Divide and conquer seems best, especially given the various Finnic groups around there. If the Finns support the Germans anyways, then expelling them would be a bad move. Would St. Petersburg even be that important anymore if it didn’t have the Russian Taxes or a lot of economic and naval focus placed upon it by the Russians?

Ethnic cleansing go brrrrrr. No, really. Those finns can be compareable to Nazis. It's the finnish state. They're fascist. I think i forgot to say that. The nazis also killed lots of Polish and other Slavs. Finnish are basically the same but it's the finnish race. The russian parts are ruled like Czechia as a protectorate.

Ethnic cleansing go brrrrrr. No, really. Those finns can be compareable to Nazis. It's the finnish state. They're fascist. I think i forgot to say that. The nazis also killed lots of Polish and other Slavs. Finnish are basically the same but it's the finnish race. The russian parts are ruled like Czechia as a protectorate.
... Perhaps I should rephrase things. In this area there would basically be Russians, Germans, and various Finnic groups. Sure, there are some Kola Norwegians and a bunch of Swedes in other parts of the country, but it seems that the Finns here would basically only be purging Germans from Ingria, as there are no other non-Russian or Finnic areas. By the wording of some of your previous posts, it is that Russians are mostly in the city of St. Petersburg and the rest are expelled form the countryside? And are the Russians responding by expelling the Karelian and Veps in their area? Actually, do the Finns consider Sami Finns? That would complicate things with their neighbors.

... Perhaps I should rephrase things. In this area there would basically be Russians, Germans, and various Finnic groups. Sure, there are some Kola Norwegians and a bunch of Swedes in other parts of the country, but it seems that the Finns here would basically only be purging Germans from Ingria, as there are no other non-Russian or Finnic areas. By the wording of some of your previous posts, it is that Russians are mostly in the city of St. Petersburg and the rest are expelled form the countryside? And are the Russians responding by expelling the Karelian and Veps in their area? Actually, do the Finns consider Sami Finns? That would complicate things with their neighbors.

Ok, I understand what you mean. The Germans helped the Finns against the Russians so the Finns let the Germans live in their territories. The fascist finns do NOT consider Sami finnish. But Estonians are. Also, other ethnic groups get expelled out of the country in like Russia or Sweden. Those who refuse are put in workcamps. They only treat the Russians (and of course the germans) not that bad because that would pretty much mean another war with Russia. Of course the Russians are pissed that they lost some territory, especially St.Petersburg, but as long as the Russians in those territories don't get hurt they see no reason to go to war. Germany would probably back the finnish but when the finnish hurt the Russians, German public support is very unlikely.

TL;DR:
Sami=cleansed
Estonians=finnish
Germans=friends
Russians=subjects that they are not allowed to hurt otherwise they don't get German support in a war

Edit: Germans don't care about Sami because they never heard of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.