I had fun with this one, especially with the Demerētian (which btw is a union of the words 'South Land' in Amharic, which I use for my Colonial Coptic eu4 games) Church expanding the world overall, since the Copts are the only major Christians left

wow chaps, amazing maps, i had tottaly forgotten about this thread at least for the last week or so, good thing i checked back today.
in case you want a description i can still write one but here is the tl;dr version:

I got a map in which crusades were happening well into the 1800's so i thought we were in a crazy world in which Europe still got together regularly on massive religious ventures That, and the fact that the actual crusades would have had to gone way better in TTL ( I thought K.of Phoenicia was a crusader successor state) for them to still be going on after 800 years, produced the idea for this map, i.e. the whole of the Mediterranean region was catholic so it was decided in Rome that Catholic Europe would gain land and people via the conquest of the sea, shown here approx. 100 years on.

Big fan of all the maps but especially 2.1 who's maps really embraced atlantropa.

Really glad @Selvetrica thought about the sea level rise caused by atlantropa, I thought the idea was cool but it wast really relevant to my map. I calculated something like 2m sea level rise in the rest of the world, which looks like about what Selvetrica got.

overall very satisfied.

Last edited:
Really glad @Selvetrica thought about the sea level rise caused by atlantropa, I thought the idea was but it wast really relevent to my map. I calculated something like 2m seal level rise in the rest of the world, which looks like about what Selvetrica got.
Ah so your the one who caused so much pain. I spent like half my time incorporate sea level rise and crusader states and how that would come about. 😜

I think for the first time in one of these map games we have a list that you can actually reconcile chronologically! Go List 1!

I might even end up doing a full cover of the world we created in list 1!

I honestly forgot about this.
Fun to see the maps and I appreciated seeing where my and others' maps went.

I anticipate thread four, whoever does it.

Such interesting maps! My favourite was probably the Dutch East Asia map... (by Bennett)... But there were lots of other cool ones. And if there is a part 4, imma definitely take part if I can.

I might host it if no one else does and there is interest. However I don't think I'd be the best person to make the opening map