I'm only at chapter 25 but i wanted to ask a question. Did you rename the United States to the Republican Union to subconsciously seperate the otl US and ttl's RU?
I'd imagine so, but the fact that the RU is a successor state arising after literally half of the original "United" States breaks away would make that something of a secondary concern, the first being basic accuracy with the facts on the ground in the 1810s.

I'm only at chapter 25 but i wanted to ask a question. Did you rename the United States to the Republican Union to subconsciously seperate the otl US and ttl's RU?

A couple things. First of all, it has the same name in WMIT Classic, which is the progenitor of this TL.

More importantly, in the interlude between 1801 and the rise of the AFC, even a lot of RU'ers were disgusted with the Old United States. It wasn't until the War of 1812 and the rise of the AFC cult that the Old Republic was worshipped.

A couple things. First of all, it has the same name in WMIT Classic, which is the progenitor of this TL.

More importantly, in the interlude between 1801 and the rise of the AFC, even a lot of RU'ers were disgusted with the Old United States. It wasn't until the War of 1812 and the rise of the AFC cult that the Old Republic was worshipped.
I know that. It’s very well justified within the timeline. I’m just asking if what I said might be a small part of it.

Now, for a goofy and fun concept:

Make this an official Navy recruitment video in the Union. IOTL, the Navy lent them that ship because they literally wanted to use it as a recruitment video. Once it's homosexual overtones were made apparent, they went against it. But I could see TTL's Oswaldian Yankees totally going for it.

Sorry guys. I had too much good luck. I might have to be hospitalized because I have raging flu. Reeee, I just want to write. I'm in urgent care right now.

I have been thinking that the Union Army would be almost like the IOTL Red Army.
1. Orders are to be followed, if you have not reached your objective then you are not trying hard enough. You do not disappoint Joe Steele.
2. Let the Fanatics get the glory, or use the Redemption Legions if you have them.
3. Heavy Artillery is your friend, use it.
4. You are being watched, between your fellow officers, ORRA and the AFFC no one is your friend.

I have been thinking that the Union Army would be almost like the IOTL Red Army.
1. Orders are to be followed, if you have not reached your objective then you are not trying hard enough. You do not disappoint Joe Steele.
2. Let the Fanatics get the glory, or use the Redemption Legions if you have them.
3. Heavy Artillery is your friend, use it.
4. You are being watched, between your fellow officers, ORRA and the AFFC no one is your friend.

They also kill men who retreat, and probably make frequent use of human wave attacks, at least until casualties get too high. Every war since 1812 has been fought against countries that had a much smaller population than the Union, so they are likely used to overwhelming their enemies with numbers. Maybe we'll see them develop special forces units during this war?