Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could somebody take the continental 48 US states and distort/warp them so they fit into this China worlda (in a similar way to South America and Africa in the map under the spoiler?)

upload_2019-11-8_12-43-19.png

Inverted Africa-SA.png

(I don't remember who made this, unfortunately, but if anybody else knows, please tell me so I can credit them.)

Would anyone be able to help creating a Coat of Arms (which would then appear on the flag) of a country that merged OTL New England with OTL New Netherlands (ie, the Hudson Valley up to the Ontario border, plus NYC and Long Island)? I've seen a couple designs for coats of arms for New England before, and know that at least one of the supporters should be a beaver for the Dutch influence, but otherwise heraldry is not my usual thing. The main shield would probably be a St George's cross with a green pine tree in the upper-left quarter, but beyond that I'm not sure a) where to start heraldry-wise, or b) how to actually make it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Would anyone be able to help creating a Coat of Arms (which would then appear on the flag) of a country that merged OTL New England with OTL New Netherlands (ie, the Hudson Valley up to the Ontario border, plus NYC and Long Island)? I've seen a couple designs for coats of arms for New England before, and know that at least one of the supporters should be a beaver for the Dutch influence, but otherwise heraldry is not my usual thing. The main shield would probably be a St George's cross with a green pine tree in the upper-left quarter, but beyond that I'm not sure a) where to start heraldry-wise, or b) how to actually make it.

Any help would be appreciated!
How did the country come to be?
That will help thinking of components.
The good thing about the NA colonies is they generally were late with their Arms as a whole (except for individual settlements) so it gives us more leeway in design.

How did the country come to be?
That will help thinking of components.
The good thing about the NA colonies is they generally were late with their Arms as a whole (except for individual settlements) so it gives us more leeway in design.
So the fundamental POD is that the Dutch were more successful in colonizing New Netherland, but not more successful in holding onto it, and by the time the Glorious Revolution comes around (and thus the Staadholder, William III, ends up co-monarch of England) it has become an English territory. It retains a Dutch flair, especially in the Hudson Valley and points north to the Ontario border, hough New York City and Long Island quickly become overwhelmed with English and Irish settlement. New England is mostly unchanged, except that the Intolerable Acts end up not happening and a version of the Olive Branch Petition is agreed to between the New England colonies (who are by far more organized than the Middle or Southern ones ITTL) is agreed to that sets them and New Netherland on the road to an earlier version of Canadian-style confederation.

As I envision it today, there's a strong Dutch cultural and linguistic tradition in the regions of OTL New York bordering VT/MA/CT, but once you get into southern Westchester County and the NYC area proper, it's more similar to OTL New York. Immigration patterns would obviously be vastly different from OTL but that wouldn't affect the early history when the coat of arms/flag would have been decided. Which I'm saying is around 1770 or so when the path towards a kind of proto-Dominion status is agreed.

So the fundamental POD is that the Dutch were more successful in colonizing New Netherland, but not more successful in holding onto it, and by the time the Glorious Revolution comes around (and thus the Staadholder, William III, ends up co-monarch of England) it has become an English territory. It retains a Dutch flair, especially in the Hudson Valley and points north to the Ontario border, hough New York City and Long Island quickly become overwhelmed with English and Irish settlement. New England is mostly unchanged, except that the Intolerable Acts end up not happening and a version of the Olive Branch Petition is agreed to between the New England colonies (who are by far more organized than the Middle or Southern ones ITTL) is agreed to that sets them and New Netherland on the road to an earlier version of Canadian-style confederation.

As I envision it today, there's a strong Dutch cultural and linguistic tradition in the regions of OTL New York bordering VT/MA/CT, but once you get into southern Westchester County and the NYC area proper, it's more similar to OTL New York. Immigration patterns would obviously be vastly different from OTL but that wouldn't affect the early history when the coat of arms/flag would have been decided. Which I'm saying is around 1770 or so when the path towards a kind of proto-Dominion status is agreed.
In which case the red cross is unlikely on the arms (flag is another matter).
Like with Ontario you'll get an initial mishmash that's then tidied up.
So it's whether you want something rather like OTL Ontario's or more like OTL individual states of NE.

In which case the red cross is unlikely on the arms (flag is another matter).
Like with Ontario you'll get an initial mishmash that's then tidied up.
So it's whether you want something rather like OTL Ontario's or more like OTL individual states of NE.
Probably closer to Ontario, I think? Perhaps in lieu of the maple leaves two roses and a tulip?

Probably closer to Ontario, I think? Perhaps in lieu of the maple leaves two roses and a tulip?
Tulips aren't really American Dutch though.
I'd suggest the shield is a green pine on light orange. Perhaps between roses.
Then you can claim the orange was initially yellow before changed to reflect Dutch heritage. Especially if using roses or adding a chief of St George like some Canadian provinces.

Tulips aren't really American Dutch though.
I'd suggest the shield is a green pine on light orange. Perhaps between roses.
Then you can claim the orange was initially yellow before changed to reflect Dutch heritage. Especially if using roses or adding a chief of St George like some Canadian provinces.
Oh, that could work well, thank you! Would red-and-green (roses/pine) on orange be vexillogically acceptable?

Hey, excuse me. Is anyone able to provide a blank map with 2019 borders accounting for 2 metres of sea level rise worldwide? It's for a map I want to work on. :/

Oh, that could work well, thank you! Would red-and-green (roses/pine) on orange be vexillogically acceptable?
Sort of. That's why I had it initially be yellow/gold which definitely is. The various rules arise out of visual contrast so if the orange is pale enough then it's fine.

Sort of. That's why I had it initially be yellow/gold which definitely is. The various rules arise out of visual contrast so if the orange is pale enough then it's fine.
That should work. The orange from the original Prinsenvlag would possibly be pale enough, though a couple shades off wouldn't hurt:

900px-Prinsenvlag.svg.png

My flag request is inspired by Robert the Bruce and his brother Edward. After Bannockburn, Edward traveled to Ireland and was crowned High King. The two brothers planned on uniting their two kingdoms under a single King, Robert the Bruce. This Union would have been called the Celtic Union of Scotland and Ireland.

My idea is a flag that incorporates the symbols of Scotland, Ireland, the Isle of Mann, Cornwall and Brittany. These territories would be under the Scottish Crown and called the Celtic Empire.

My flag request is inspired by Robert the Bruce and his brother Edward. After Bannockburn, Edward traveled to Ireland and was crowned High King. The two brothers planned on uniting their two kingdoms under a single King, Robert the Bruce. This Union would have been called the Celtic Union of Scotland and Ireland.

My idea is a flag that incorporates the symbols of Scotland, Ireland, the Isle of Mann, Cornwall and Brittany. These territories would be under the Scottish Crown and called the Celtic Empire.

Unless you meant as part of a Coat of Arms, combining period accurate symbols of all five polities would probably end up looking a bit on the busy side. Instead, since the Royal house is de Brus, they bore as Lord of Annandale arms composed of a red saltire on gold with a red chief so a simplified royal banner of these could have become the main emblem used by the empire.

Apart from the historical COA connection, it would also echoes the St Andrew Flag (shape) and Scottish royal banner (colours) without being an *actual* scottish flag.

celtic-empire.png

Indeed. The history of how this union develops contemporarily would also rule out a busy flag. Bear in mind the White Saltire also wasn't the symbol of Scotland at this point that would become so under the Stewarts.
However if it does still become a Scottish symbol and flag, it won't necessarily become that of this High Kingdom of Scotland and Ireland, the realm of the High King of the Gaels as it were - Celts primarily being a term for the continental Celtic peoples that was only extended under the late Georgian era.

Deleted member 107125

Could anyone by any chance make a flag of a Falangist Philippines?

Status
Not open for further replies.