Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

I came with the most irrelevant proposal ever. The claims of my home-town against a neighbouring one in the 1700's. Red line shows the the border as stated by the Duke of Buñol, while the green line shows the border claimed by the town's authorities.

2560px-Mapa_de_1721_de_los_t%C3%A9rminos_de_Siete_Aguas%2C_Bu%C3%B1ol%2C_Chiva_y_Macastre_-_Archivo_Reino_de_Valencia.jpg

"Foreign [lands] we don't want, ours we won't give" - Map of a United Poland, created by Wiktor Skarga-Dobrowolski in 1918
Wow a Polish proposal that includes Lwów and Wilno but not much else in the east
That's really weird. Why would Polish people care about spitting out Ukraine and Belarus? Just keep the land...

You want some US state proposals? Here, have some.
US State Proposals.png

States proposed on this map:
Transylvania(1776)
Franklin(1785)
Deseret(1849)
New Mexico(1850)
Superior(1858)
Jefferson(1862)
Lincoln(1868)
Absaroka(1939)
Jefferson(1941)
Red line represents overlapping borders

Last edited:
And thus, millions are dead, a nuclear winter and global famine occur, and the Ozone layer thins out enough for UV rays to reach the surface
More recent calculations based on ones from the 1980's suggested that all it would take is the equivalent of 100 Hiroshima-sized nukes (15kt) to trigger nuclear winter. Probably not a massive civilization-ending one, but one that would definitely affect life on earth. I don't even want to imagine what kind of hellscape the Indian Subcontinent would be like after that.

If you are talking about this article (http://climate.envsci.rutgers.edu/pdf/WiresClimateChangeNW.pdf), there are several assumptions adopted by the authors that need to be fact-checked, such as target choices, airburst or ground burst, effect of ongoing global warming, effect of decrease in population in South Asia, etc. The conclusions of the author (i.e. "the Biological Consequences" part) seem to be fixing a full-scale, US-Russia nuclear exchange or the Indo-Pak nuclear exchange, which makes its argument confusing and less convincing. While the human cost would surly be horrifying in an Indo-Pak nuclear exchange, it is unlikely to be civilization-ending. There is also the relatively low level of urbanization in the region to consider (India: 34% in 2017, Pakistan: 37% in 2017).

Europe after succesful revolution? German, Donau, Scandinavian and Poland unions, via wikipedia

I find the names for the subdivisions for Germany super weird. The divisions make sense based on geography and culture (except maybe Austrian Moravia, which just seems to pop up frequently on failed proposals...), but expanding Thuringia eastwards, using Palatinate for the entire Rhineland, and moving Eastphalia north of the Elbe is just bizarre.

I find the names for the subdivisions for Germany super weird. The divisions make sense based on geography and culture (except maybe Austrian Moravia, which just seems to pop up frequently on failed proposals...), but expanding Thuringia eastwards, using Palatinate for the entire Rhineland, and moving Eastphalia north of the Elbe is just bizarre.
It isn't so bad. Thuriginia and Saxony had some overlap with names and territory in the past, and the Ernestine and Albertine Duchies were called Saxony at various times. There is a Saxony here already, so they gave the other the name of Thuringia. Might be ways to explain the Palantine part as the Wittlesbasch consolidating their various dynasty lands there, and the Prince-Bishoprics, though as those were straddling the rather than being in one side, it does indeed not fit here. Heck, I think the that much of the Rhine was only ever a border when the Entente were occupying it, and even then there were a lot of cities occupied on the far backs. Well, not counting during the First Republic.

Europe after succesful revolution? German, Donau, Scandinavian and Poland unions, via wikipedia

The flags are interesting as the flag used for Poland is the Russian naval cross with the polish arms in the canton.

As for scandinavia i can see the Danish and Swedish flags but can't tell which one the third flag is to represent. I'm assuming Norway?

The flags are interesting as the flag used for Poland is the Russian naval cross with the polish arms in the canton.

As for scandinavia i can see the Danish and Swedish flags but can't tell which one the third flag is to represent. I'm assuming Norway?
That Poland flag is the flag of Congress Poland.

Yeah, the saltire was one of the proposed Norwegian flags.