2. Lee Station
3. Go West
4. I Wish You Well

B-Side
5. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
6. I Feel the Earth Move
7. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
8. Take A Chance On Me

Janis Joplin narrowly survives her heroin overdose in October of 1970, she falls in to a deep depression racked by guilt over those she’s hurt by her addictions and completely quits the music business.

Janis sells off most of her possessions and moves to a small cabin near Redding, California in hopes of getting clean for good but relapses. Around January 1972, In a drunken stupor, she falls down a flight of stairs, breaking her leg and wrist. Janis lies there helpless at the bottom of the stairs almost six hours before she braves the pain and crawls to the phone for an ambulance.

A year later, Janis is getting psychiatric help after a failed suicide attempt. She’s back in Port Arthur confronting the demons of her past. Now 30 years old, Janis doesn’t know what life she wants. She doesn’t want to be a boring old spinster but she doesn’t want to go back to a drug and alcohol riddled music career.

By May 1977, Janis is back in the public sphere again as the owner of the nightclub, Sensation, in Houston. Janis is completely clean and sober and for the first time in a long time she’s happy and she’s repairing her old friendships.

Janis decides, albeit reluctantly, to begin work a new album. Over the past two years, she has filled six notebooks full of lyrics. Janis refuses to make a full album of her songs and only chooses four of her own, while also choosing four covers.

Janis Joplin personally contacts Levon Helm, Paul Simon, and Carole King, for permission to sing “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down”, “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover”, and “I Feel The Earth Move”. They all say yes.

By April 6, 1979, despite a few hiccups, production was going well, but Janis had not decided on the last song for her album. In a surprise to everyone working on the album, Janis picks a very unusual choice for her final song a week later.

Post production wraps up in August 1979 and Blue Topaz is released on October 4, 1979, nine years to the day of Janis Joplin’s almost fatal heroin overdose.

Blue Topaz absolutely astounds critics. Joplin is able to perfectly blend country, folk, blues, and post-punk, while still retaining her original “voice” and rebellious spirit.

Blue Topaz (1979)
A-Side
1. Geddaway
2. Lee Station
3. Go West
4. I Wish You Well

B-Side
5. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
6. I Feel the Earth Move
7. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
8. Take A Chance On Me

Janis Joplin narrowly survives her heroin overdose in October of 1970, she falls in to a deep depression racked by guilt over those she’s hurt by her addictions and completely quits the music business.

Janis sells off most of her possessions and moves to a small cabin near Redding, California in hopes of getting clean for good but relapses. Around January 1972, In a drunken stupor, she falls down a flight of stairs, breaking her leg and wrist. Janis lies there helpless at the bottom of the stairs almost six hours before she braves the pain and crawls to the phone for an ambulance.

A year later, Janis is getting psychiatric help after a failed suicide attempt. She’s back in Port Arthur confronting the demons of her past. Now 30 years old, Janis doesn’t know what life she wants. She doesn’t want to be a boring old spinster but she doesn’t want to go back to a drug and alcohol riddled music career.

By May 1977, Janis is back in the public sphere again as the owner of the nightclub, Sensation, in Houston. Janis is completely clean and sober and for the first time in a long time she’s happy and she’s repairing her old friendships.

Janis decides, albeit reluctantly, to begin work a new album. Over the past two years, she has filled six notebooks full of lyrics. Janis refuses to make a full album of her songs and only chooses four of her own, while also choosing four covers.

Janis Joplin personally contacts Levon Helm, Paul Simon, and Carole King, for permission to sing “The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down”, “50 Ways to Leave Your Lover”, and “I Feel The Earth Move”. They all say yes.

By April 6, 1979, despite a few hiccups, production was going well, but Janis had not decided on the last song for her album. In a surprise to everyone working on the album, Janis picks a very unusual choice for her final song a week later.

Post production wraps up in August 1979 and Blue Topaz is released on October 4, 1979, nine years to the day of Janis Joplin’s almost fatal heroin overdose.

Blue Topaz absolutely astounds critics. Joplin is able to perfectly blend country, folk, blues, and post-punk, while still retaining her original “voice” and rebellious spirit.
Wow! This is hauntingly beautiful! Quite but still very nice to see Janis sort out her problems for the most part. Do you plan on continuing this TL? I would love to see it if you do. If not, that's OK too.

Wow! This is hauntingly beautiful! Quite but still very nice to see Janis sort out her problems for the most part. Do you plan on continuing this TL? I would love to see it if you do. If not, that's OK too.
Well I’ve been on the site for almost five years and have yet to do a TL so it’s up there. I really sympathized and loved Janis Joplin when I was in high school and her complex emotions are something I can really identify with. Definetly maybe I’ll make this a TL or something along those lines.

POD: For a variety of reasons, the "Buggles" lineup of Yes is better received by fans, and instead of disbanding after the Drama tour decides to work on a second album. With the band rejuvenated and feeling a burst of creativity, they would record their first double album since 1973's Tales From Topographic Oceans. Unlike that album, however, this one would only feature two side-long tracks, bookending the album; the middle two sides would feature shorter songs.

Fly_from_Here.jpg

Yes - Fly From Here

Released November 1981
All songs credited to Geoff Downes, Steve Howe, Trevor Horn, Chris Squire, and Alan White.

Personnel:
Trevor Horn: lead vocals
Steve Howe: guitars
Chris Squire: bass guitar, vocals
Geoff Downes: keyboards, synthesizers
Alan White: drums

Side 1:
Fly From Here - 23:49[1]
- Overture
- Part I: We Can Fly
- Part II: Sad Night at the Airfield
- Part III: Madman at the Screens
- Part IV: Bumpy Ride
- Part V: We Can Fly (Reprise)

Side 2:
Heat of the Moment - 3:50[2]
Adventures in Modern Recording - 5:48[3]
Go Through This - 5:32[4]
Life on a Film Set - 5:06[5]

Side 3:
Satellite - 7:32[6]
Beatnik - 3:39[7]
Vermillion Sands - 6:48[8]
Can You See - 3:34[9]

Side 4:
Mind Drive - 18:34[10]

Much like Genesis' Abacab released in September of that year, Fly From Here was generally praised by music critics, particularly in how the band melded their progressive roots with their forward-looking pop sensibilities.

[1]Pretty much the same as OTL, only released 30 years earlier.
[2]With apologies to John Wetton; TTL Asia won't be formed.
[3]Originally from OTL's album of the same name by the Buggles.
[4]A song performed by the Drama lineup live IOTL but never featured on a studio album.
[5]Also another Buggles track.
[6]Instrumental; the same track as OTL's Song No. 4 - Satellite found on the Special Edition of Drama released in 2004.
[7]Yet another Buggles track.
[8]See #7.
[9]A track originally worked on by XYZ (a supergroup composed of Squire, White, and Jimmy Page) IOTL that would become Can You Imagine on Magnification.
[10]Another XYZ track; similar to OTL's track released on Keys to Ascension 2 but with the vocal and keyboard parts obviously different.
Say, what does the future of this version of YES have in store?

Hendrix, Lennon, Central Park, Live

Disc 1
All Along the Watchtower
Like a Rolling Stone
Instant Karma
The Wind Cries Mary
Johnny B. Goode
Working Class Hero

Disc 2
Foxy Lady
The Long and Winding Road
Purple Haze
Tomorrow Never Knows
The Needle and the Damage Done
Hey Joe/Happiness is a Warm Gun

While there are any number of bootleg recordings, this is still the only authorized/official recording the epic 1984 Fourth of July Concert performed by John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix in New York's Central Park (an event that 35 years later still holds the record for the most attended event ever held in the park).

Hendrix, Lennon, Central Park, Live

Disc 1
All Along the Watchtower
Like a Rolling Stone
Instant Karma
The Wind Cries Mary
Johnny B. Goode
Working Class Hero

Disc 2
Foxy Lady
The Long and Winding Road
Purple Haze
Tomorrow Never Knows
The Needle and the Damage Done
Hey Joe/Happiness is a Warm Gun

While there are any number of bootleg recordings, this is still the only authorized/official recording the epic 1984 Fourth of July Concert performed by John Lennon and Jimi Hendrix in New York's Central Park (an event that 35 years later still holds the record for the most attended event ever held in the park).
Interesting. There is a bootleg version IOTL of Hendrix doing Tomorrow Never Knows, its an instrumental and very short but it sounds pretty cool.

Interesting. There is a bootleg version IOTL of Hendrix doing Tomorrow Never Knows, its an instrumental and very short but it sounds pretty cool.
Did not know that and will have to track it down. Purely coincidence that I put it into my track list. :)

Did not know that and will have to track it down. Purely coincidence that I put it into my track list. :)
Its been years since I heard but I believe the the name of the album I heard it on was titled "Woke up this Morning and Found myself Dead". Jim Morrison also sings on one of the tracks but its also very short and very crude.