Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take Scotland and (N.)Ireland out of the Union Flag, you're just left with the English flag.

I assumed the rump state would incorporate Welsh designs to save face. One option would be a red cross on a white and green field, while the other could be a red or yellow cross on a black field.

Last edited:
I assumed the rump state would incorporate Welsh designs to save face. One option would be a red cross on a white and green field, while the other could be a red or yellow cross on a black field.

another possibilty would be to go for the old anglo-saxon kingdoms (mercia, wessex, northumberland) + wales to try and show some historical legitimacy.

@Višeslav I would like for you to modify the Middle East portion of the map to give Georgia the borders it has here:

View attachment 467041

Likewise, I would like for you to add the Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus, but not the Abkhazian or Kalmyk parts:

View attachment 467042

I would also like you to add the Don Republic, with the western and southern border being from this maps, and give Ukraine the northern border depicted here (the stripes of green and red should be given to Ukraine):

View attachment 467043

Lastly, make the Kuban People's Republic independent from Ukraine. It doesn't have access to Ukraine anyway, given that Crimea and the Don Republic separate it from the rest of Ukraine.

So this image shows what the Ukrainian, Kuban, and Don borders should look like in the east:

View attachment 467048

Now then, the Assyrians were really peeved by their treatment after the war. They presented a map for a proposed state of their own at the Paris Peace Conference. Let's fulfill their request, why don't we?:
View attachment 467050

Let me know when you're done making these changes to the Europe map. I'd really like to see the new borders once you're done.
Also, @Višeslav, can you change it so that Ireland as a whole is part of the UK? My plan is for Ireland to achieve home rule and devolved government within the UK, rather than independence and partition as in OTL.

Given that England would be even more dominant in the Kingdom of England and Wales than in the UK, I can't see a flag which gives too much emphasis to Wales being adopted, so the most likely is your first option, imo.
_England_Wales_RWG__FG.png

If the situation does lead to a much stronger emphasis on Wales and an agreement that the flag of St. David can represent Wales (it was only created in 1921), then there are various ways to combine the red-on-white and yellow-on-black crosses.
The flag could be a half-and-half split, left/right or top/bottom, or quartered - but they look a bit too amateurish, I think, to be accepted as a new national flag.
Then there's layering the flags of St. George and St. David over each other. The red cross with yellow fimbriation on black is okay, but is quite dark and could be seen as giving, again, too much emphasis to Wales and could be compared with one of the 1919 proposals for the German flag. Putting the white background back in is possible; personally, I think it also looks too Germanic (for some reason it reminds me of a German imperial war ensign). Layering the yellow/black on top of the red/white instead works but it almost removes any English-ness, so I really couldn't see that being adopted.
England_Wales__alternatives__FG.png

If you do like any of the ones above, let me know and I'll post the full-size version. It all depends how plausible you want to be, I think. The first flag (with the green) is quite possible, imo.

another possibilty would be to go for the old anglo-saxon kingdoms (mercia, wessex, northumberland) + wales to try and show some historical legitimacy.
That's a possibility. The cross of St. George would still be the central feature, I think, but at least the Mercian yellow-on-blue saltire could be incorporated relatively simply. The dragon of Wessex would be more difficult, as would the crenellation/counter-crenellation of Northumbria/Northumberland. I'd be intrigued to see what you could come up with, though - your flags are always good!

@Sailor Haumea

Imma redo the middle east and Caucasus stuff, would you say that this blank map is high enough quality to use as a base or should I look for a better one?

View attachment 467241
Yeah, looks good. I would recommend finding a map that has Hejaz, Ha'il, Nejd, Asir, and the Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen on it, because I intend for those countries to stick around for the time being. Asir and Yemen shouldn't be visible on the Europe map, but Hejaz, Ha'il, and possibly Nejd should be visible based on the angle you've been using. Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq (or Iraq minus the Assyrian state, I suppose) should already be independent by 1936 ITTL, leaving Mandatory Palestine as the only LoN Mandate in the region. Syria gets to keep Hatay, unlike OTL.

Can you add the Free State of Fiume to the map?

I'm very eager to see the next iteration of the Europe map, particularly in Eastern Europe.

Yeah, looks good. I would recommend finding a map that has Hejaz, Ha'il, Nejd, Asir, and the Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen on it, because I intend for those countries to stick around for the time being. Asir and Yemen shouldn't be visible on the Europe map, but Hejaz, Ha'il, and possibly Nejd should be visible based on the angle you've been using. Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq (or Iraq minus the Assyrian state, I suppose) should already be independent by 1936 ITTL, leaving Mandatory Palestine as the only LoN Mandate in the region. Syria gets to keep Hatay, unlike OTL.

Can you add the Free State of Fiume to the map?

I'm very eager to see the next iteration of the Europe map, particularly in Eastern Europe.

There are a lot of changes to make. Imma fix the Europe map but I can't keep on making individual country maps forever. I'll do Assyria and the Caucasus, Ukraine, Belarus, Kuban, fix the Yugoslav ones to include Fiume and that's it. I have at least a bit of a life outside of making maps.

Also, I'll be using one of my unfinished maps to get the borders for Hejaz, is that ok? I used the same basemap so it should be about the same.

Arabia - Hashemite - rough.jpg

There are a lot of changes to make. Imma fix the Europe map but I can't keep on making individual country maps forever. I'll do Assyria and the Caucasus, Ukraine, Belarus, Kuban, fix the Yugoslav ones to include Fiume and that's it. I have at least a bit of a life outside of making maps.

Also, I'll be using one of my unfinished maps to get the borders for Hejaz, is that ok? I used the same basemap so it should be about the same.

View attachment 467277
Yeah, that's great! I'll be all set once you finish the Europe map, I think.

Deleted member 107125

May I request a few maps of-
  • The Middle East-1921.Nations-
  • The United Arabian Protectorates ,a union made up of the British protectorates of Nejd and Jabal Shammar
  • The Hashemite Kingdoms, a federation made up of Iraq, Hejaz, Jordan, and the Damascus region of Syria
  • The Arab Emirates,a British colonial federation of the modern UAE,Kuwait,Qatar,and Bahrain
  • The Syrian Territories,a French colony made up of the Aleppo region of Syria
  • The Levantine Federation,Lebanon ,Palestine, and Turkey’s Hatay province
  • The Alawite State
  • The Free State of Assyria
  • The Druze State
  • A weaker Israel,called The Jewish State of Zion
  • The Confederation Of Arabia Felix (Yemen)
  • Oman
  • Muscat
  • The Republic of Turkey
  • Persia,less powerful,with the Khuzestan region either independent or a part of the Emirates
Don't include Africa,and do please do an aesthetic similar to Milites' map 'Kaiserreich 1936'
@Višeslav could you do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a possibility. The cross of St. George would still be the central feature, I think, but at least the Mercian yellow-on-blue saltire could be incorporated relatively simply. The dragon of Wessex would be more difficult, as would the crenellation/counter-crenellation of Northumbria/Northumberland. I'd be intrigued to see what you could come up with, though - your flags are always good!

My idea was to have the flag represent the historical foundation of the the rump state by recalling wessex, mercia, wales and northumbria as 4 elements: the gold on black cross of st Dewis for wales, the white on red cross of St. Aldhelm for Wessex, the Gold on blue for Mercia and the red/gold bars for Northumbria.

Its...... not the prettiest thing......

alt-en-wa.png

...the gold on black cross of st Dewis for wales, the white on red cross of St. Aldhelm for Wessex, the Gold on blue for Mercia and the red/gold bars for Northumbria. // Its...... not the prettiest thing......
There's 0% chance of it ever being mistaken for another nation at the Olympics, at least...

Venocara

Banned
Hello. Since it appears that I cannot ask for seven flags at once, could I please get versions of this flag with 7, 8 and 9 stars in a circle? Thank you.
New_England_flag_1988.svg.png

Maybe just add the St piran Cornwall white cross inside the English red cross, stick the welsh dragon in there and go for a black, white or both background.

Status
Not open for further replies.