Photos of the Kaiserreich

President Earl Warren and
theg*ddam*hoi2fan , i think i am going to change the post about Pope Francis and Jolie again.
This time the Pope met both women as head of state rather than religious figure but he has to face opposition from the most conservative elements of the church
Is it ok ?
Also in the next posts i would like to describe some politicians of the italian federation like Salvini and Berlusconi
Is it a problem or it is ok?

Fine by me :)

President Earl Warren and
theg*ddam*hoi2fan , i think i am going to change the post about Pope Francis and Jolie again.
This time the Pope met both women as head of state rather than religious figure but he has to face opposition from the most conservative elements of the church
Is it ok ?
Also in the next posts i would like to describe some politicians of the italian federation like Salvini and Berlusconi
Is it a problem or it is ok?
Works with me too. Berlusconi, would probably have a harder time ittl, considering that the Church agencies in the Italian goverment would of immediatelly eliminated his channels if they were anything like they were OTL

Works with me too. Berlusconi, would probably have a harder time ittl, considering that the Church agencies in the Italian goverment would of immediatelly eliminated his channels if they were anything like they were OTL
Knowing my country and the catholic church, i am afraid that you are wrong
Even now many parts of the catholic church support him and/or Salvini , even if it is pretty clear by now that they don't give a sh*t about Jesus or the Bible
As long as Berlusconi and his cronies talk about family values and scream against gays, conservative catholics will gladly support him
So yeah, catholic socity is problably the same ITTL

Knowing my country and the catholic church, i am afraid that you are wrong
Even now many parts of the catholic church support him and/or Salvini , even if it is pretty clear by now that they don't give a sh*t about Jesus or the Bible
As long as Berlusconi and his cronies talk about family values and scream against gays, conservative catholics will gladly support him
So yeah, catholic socity is problably the same ITTL
You misunderstand me, He could probably get support but his tv channel would never be allowed due to Church censors. In the ITTL Italian Constution,the Church is given power to maintain "the Moral and Cultural integrity of the Italian people", this means they get to have a short stop on certain stuff (for example Abortion is firmly illegal) and it gives them wide longitude to censor Public broadcasts of any Overt Sexual stuff.

You misunderstand me, He could probably get support but his tv channel would never be allowed due to Church censors. In the ITTL Italian Constution,the Church is given power to maintain "the Moral and Cultural integrity of the Italian people", this means they get to have a short stop on certain stuff (for example Abortion is firmly illegal) and it gives them wide longitude to censor Public broadcasts of any Overt Sexual stuff.
Sorry
I should have reacted better

no need to apolgize, it was an honest misunderstanding. Now that i think about it, that way the church runs tv and other films under francis could be a interesting point for your posts.
1) Thank you
2)My idea would be to make him a catholic version of Gorbachev
He is a consersavite catholic but he is intelligent enough to know that the Italian federation needs to change or it will either collapse or become a christian Nejd

3)My idea for the italian situation is that thanks to its moral laws it is facing a huge brain drain that is destroying the economy while thedomestic stituation keeps getting worse everyday thanks to the fact that the population is getting tired of their situation

3)My idea for the italian situation is that thanks to its moral laws it is facing a huge brain drain that is destroying the economy while thedomestic stituation keeps getting worse everyday thanks to the fact that the population is getting tired of their situation
Well the church dosen't run the country, they actually are completely great with elections and encourage it. The Church just is recongized as the state religon but they are limited to running TV and cultural instutions, along with reccomending the Italian Parliment on social issues, Reccomendations which they ussually Listen to. They litterally dont run anything else and their not interested in running anything else (they had quite enough of that during the Weltkrig era thank you very much). the most which would result is the Italian films not being considerd good by the outside world

el would never be allowed due to Church censors. In the ITTL Italian Constution,the Church is given power to maintain "the Moral and Cultural integrity of the Italian people", this means they get to have a short stop on certain stuff (for example Abortion is firmly illegal) and it gives them wide longitude to censor Public broadcasts of any Overt Sexual stuff.
Basing my idea on this part, does it mean that there is an office whose job is to controll "the morality" of products of fiction?
Also how is the situation for the LGBT+ comunity?
I exclude death penality but i immagine that homosexuality wasn't decriminalised until recently and that many gays prefer to nove to more liberal coumtries or is it wrong?
Is it an exageration to say that italian society is still stucked in the 50s/ 60s or is it ok?
I am not trying to create the catholic version of Iran, i just want to point put the problems that a society like the italian federation would face

Also how is the situation for the LGBT+ comunity?
I exclude death penality but i immagine that homosexuality wasn't decriminalised until recently and that many gays prefer to nove to more liberal coumtries or is it wrong?

I imagine so. Britain, Germany, Canada and the PSA probably have a fair few Italians of said community living in them.

They decriminalized Homosexuality around the time of Vatican 2, Homosexuals are generally left alone even though their never allowed in films and the like.
Basing my idea on this part, does it mean that there is an office whose job is to controll "the morality" of products of fiction?
yup, its called the Christian Culture Instutite, everything is reviewed and then approved or disapproved based on Church standerds. for example they allow wife and husband to be seen in bed together but Pre marital sex and Adultry unless portrayed in a negative way, is almost always struck from the movies.

Is it an exageration to say that italian society is still stucked in the 50s/ 60s or is it ok?
When it comes to attitudes on marrige and Sex, defnitely 1950s (Italian Federation has some of the lowest divorce rates in the world and people ussually marry young) When it comes to other things, well it depends. Sometimes society has Progessed other times its not.

MV5BYmQzMDI5NTktODEyMC00YjU5LWJmOTctMmZjMGRiMW.jpg

Poster of "Quo Vado?" (here it is shown the english version of the poster), a french-italian satirical movie directed and acted by italian actor Checco Zalone.
The plot is centered around Alessandro Ferretti, a sicilian song-writer, who is forced to travel to Nice, searching for better opportunities after the Christian Culture Instutite disapproved most of his songs.
The movie is divided mostly in two arcs: on one side it analyses Alessandro's difficoulties to adapt to a more liberal society , on the other it explores Alessandro questioning his sexuality when he discovers to be attracted to both Brigitte, a french singer, and Dario, his roommate.
The movie has been praised as satirical masterpiece both towards the Italian Federation's society and values and the "no bisexuals" trope comon in many French and German movies.
The ending in particular is considered one of the best part of the film thanks to its mix of satire, drama and social commentary: Alessandro proposes to both Brigitte and Dario, saying that "this is basically how marriage works in the italian federation : the classic family is formed by husband, wife, their Children, his secretary, her tennis istructor and the dog. We are basically simplifing the process" but the last shot of the movie is Alessandro looking sadly at the horizont, knowing that he will never be able to go back home without facing consequences.
While the movie recived international praise, it was harshly criticised by the Christian Culture Instute and banned in the Italian Federation

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 165
  • MV5BYmQzMDI5NTktODEyMC00YjU5LWJmOTctMmZjMGRiMW.jpg
    MV5BYmQzMDI5NTktODEyMC00YjU5LWJmOTctMmZjMGRiMW.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
this is basically how marriage works in the italian federation : the classic family is formed by husband, wife, their Children, his secretary, her tennis istructor and the dog. We are basically simplifing the process"
Only possible problem here, Adultery is SEVERELY frowned upon in the Italian Federation. I'm guessing he is just throwing this in as an F u to the guys he left behind in Italy?

Only possible problem here, Adultery is SEVERELY frowned upon in the Italian Federation. I'm guessing he is just throwing this in as an F u to the guys he left behind in Italy?
Well, this is clearly an exageration by Alessandro but it reflects a problem of the italian federation: thanks to the fact that divorce isn't allowed, many unhappy marriages ends up like this, with both spouses knowing about each other's betrayal but simply not caring
Yes, tecnically adultery is considered a sin but there are no laws against it , it is easy to hide it if you live in a great city and it is a considered a better option than killing your husband or wife

Well, this is clearly an exageration by Alessandro but it reflects a problem of the italian federation: thanks to the fact that divorce isn't allowed, many unhappy marriages ends up like this, with both spouses knowing about each other's betrayal but simply not caring
Yes, tecnically adultery is considered a sin but there are no laws against it , it is easy to hide it if you live in a great city and it is a considered a better option than killing your husband or wife
Well Divorce is allowed its just extremely difficult to get, unless theirs evidence of an abuse going on, then the paperwork becomes alot easier. Anyway point taken.

To expand on the divorce issue, it goes like this: if a Marriage is recent, its a big hassle but not an ever living hell. thats what you get when you try to get a divorce and you have children, the goverment has taken on the catholic belif that Divorce is fundamentally bad for children and stunts their devlopment.Unless you can show evidence of abuse you are almost certainly not getting out of the marriage. When your older or young children grow up, they take a more lax attitude but you still have to jump through around 100 hoops and face all the burecrats who bemoan such a longtime pair breaking up.

giorgia-meloni.jpg

Giorgia Meloni, manageress of the Christian Culture Instute from 2007 to 2011
Her time in office was characterised by a
tightening of censorship towards Italian and European TV and cinema, with many works banned for ridicolous reasons ( including Checco Zalone's international success "Quo Vado?").
She is probably the only person in history who has been accused of being too conservative for her job.
Her downfall happened in 2011 when she tried to ban "It's a wonderful life" , arguing that the movie contained a secret sindacalist meaning and that it was pretending to know God's divine plan
This backfire horribly even with the most conservative elemenst of the church, who simply refused to censor something on political basis rather than moral ones
She was fired from her job and forced to pubblicly apologise
Recently she made headlines again when she tried to organise a demonstration again Pope Francis , who would have culminated with the burning of books and DVDs whose content was considered " amoral, sovversive and contrary to the christian morale"
Unfortunaly ( or maybe fortunately) only 17 people showed up for the event.