The Eridani Worldbuilding Thread

Deleted member 105545

Hi! I've started to work on a Q-BAM sized fictional map, fit with rivers, lakes, whole 9 yards. But, I can't do it alone. I'm enlisting you to help make this behemoth of a map. And a special thanks to all the people that participate ahead of time!

fpbF4tp.png

Here is the gargantuan beast. The only rules for this worldbuilding project are: Try to do and create other continents besides the one i'm currently working on. What I'm saying is to leave the continent I've started and the areas surrounding it alone. Please. And thank you.

And yes, I did get the Inspiration for this by "Another Collaborative Worldbuilding Thread" by @Arcvalons.

Feel free to add to it!

Deleted member 105545

Also, if you claim something, post where roughly the claim is so people dont overdo your work.

Deleted member 105545

fpbF4tp.png

The Islands of Slhaad- A small island chain in Slaves Bay. The people there, the Watermen, are similar to Earth's Vikings. They believe that raiding and r*ping are sacred, because in their religion Asta, god of the sea, raided the islands of the evil god, Resi'i to allow the world to flourish. The people tattoo their faces in different colors depending on their social status: Nobility- Black, Smiths- Red, etc.

Dragonsland- Veri'taso iu Syssyth (literally Dragon Kingdom) is a very wealthy and prosperous kingdom. One of the only known places to have native Wyverns (or Dragons as they are more commonly called). They sell tamed Wyverns to warlords and kings for about 1,000,000 U'uorno E'esiina (Golden Money) each, although prices do vary depending on the quality. The native people, Syssythi, speak Syssine (or Dragon). The culture is completly based around Dragons/Wyverns, and they revere them as demi-gods.

This is what I want from you guys. A map, and a short description about the culture. Feel free to go wild with the ideas, but keep it semi-realistic. No magic is allowed, but it is permitted to use fantasical creatures. Try and think Game of Thrones, not Lord of the Rings.

Deleted member 105545

I could help with the map if you want, like stuff in the southern hemisphere
"Feel free to add to it!" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyways, of course. Help is always welcome

This is what I want from you guys. A map, and a short description about the culture. Feel free to go wild with the ideas, but keep it semi-realistic. No magic is allowed, but it is permitted to use fantasical creatures. Try and think Game of Thrones, not Lord of the Rings.
I'd suggest people rein in a little on overly fantastic creatures unless doing so more realistically like Ella.is.crazy did with wyverns - which flying lizards rather than pterosaurs (flying reptiles with fuzz). So no pushmepullyous or large griffins but jackalopes and believable chimaeric creatures.
I'll chip in from time to time with my thoughts.

Distortion

Deleted member 105545

Also to everyone: Keep in mind that the projection distorts things at the edges.