WIP Map Thread

CannedTech

Banned
Sweden is now undergoing an Islamic revolution, the result of years of migrants effectively gaining control in the country. Most native Swedes have fled, and its now mostly considered a lost cause. The United Kingdom splintered after Brexit, with Scotland voted and achieving independence, while London became an autonomous city state that supported the EU. The United Kingdom of England and Wales is the remnants of the UK.

Ah. So is the whole Eurabia thing gonna' be applied to the rest of Europe then?

Also, this is supposed to be ASB right?

Last edited:
So this is another map I've begun to produce (alongside the massive pile of other ones), and it takes place decades from now, where the USA has become a leftist dystopia. It all began a week into Trump's second term, when he was assassinated by a furious far left radical. Afterward, the two sides of the political spectrum jump at each others throats, and the intense polarization and cold war between the two sides that had been building up since Trump's inauguration in early 2017 finally breaks into mass conflict. The Second Civil War breaks out, but long story short, in the end the conservatives lose the fight, and ANTIFA radicals enter power and begin to have roving squads hunt down every last conservative in the country, sending them to gulags in northern Alaska.
Now, the thing here is, should I even post it? Knowing past...incidents that have occured on this forum, I'm kind of nervous about posting it. I fear that either there will be massive uproar that could potentially lead to the map thread being outright shut down, or I'll be struck down with the banhammer by some eye twitching mod. What do you think? Should I continue on it and soon post it?

I'd say continue at your own risk. Just know that I support you in your endeavours out of my commitment to free speech absolutism. I for one welcome more of these 'worst nightmare' maps. I'm having a crack at a Paleocon-wank myself. :)

Now, I got a couple of questions regarding your WIP.

1. Are there any AnCaps/Libertarians taking advantage of the political chaos on your map? I'd imagine that the Hoppean AnCaps are probably going to do something in the CONUS.
  2. How goes the Chinese neo-imperialism in Africa?
  3. What's the status of South America, Australia and Eastern Europe?

More progress on re-projecting Mercator's famous map...

https://ashtagon.deviantart.com/art/Mercator-1569-k7e-crop-729503372

mercator_1569_k7e_crop_by_ashtagon-dc2bsek.png

I love how you all think it's some kind of sinister acronym rather than literally just being a political position standing against fascism :p
Antifa are a movement that use violence against "fascists" (whether or not the people they punch are Nazis or not, I won't get into). Anti-Fascist Action is not a political position it is a terrorist movement.

So this is another map I've begun to produce (alongside the massive pile of other ones), and it takes place decades from now, where the USA has become a leftist dystopia. It all began a week into Trump's second term, when he was assassinated by a furious far left radical. Afterward, the two sides of the political spectrum jump at each others throats, and the intense polarization and cold war between the two sides that had been building up since Trump's inauguration in early 2017 finally breaks into mass conflict. The Second Civil War breaks out, but long story short, in the end the conservatives lose the fight, and ANTIFA radicals enter power and begin to have roving squads hunt down every last conservative in the country, sending them to gulags in northern Alaska.
Now, the thing here is, should I even post it? Knowing past...incidents that have occured on this forum, I'm kind of nervous about posting it. I fear that either there will be massive uproar that could potentially lead to the map thread being outright shut down, or I'll be struck down with the banhammer by some eye twitching mod. What do you think? Should I continue on it and soon post it?
If this is the kind of content you want to contribute to the forum, then you may as well go ahead and post it. I doubt people would appreciate it, though, considering it includes A: an absurd strawman version of the American Left and B: a racist and stereotypical portrayal of refugees from Middle Eastern countries.

If you guys wanna debate this, there’s a political chat, just warning y’all

Antifa certainly does use violence though. And a leftist or rightist dystopia is possible, both being very bad. Can we not have a double standard and admit that there can be extreme left wingers and extreme right wingers whether you agree or not? Just my two cents, I’m not gonna get involved more then that.

If you guys wanna debate this, there’s a political chat, just warning y’all

Antifa certainly does use violence though. And a leftist or rightist dystopia is possible, both being very bad. Can we not have a double standard and admit that there can be extreme left wingers and extreme right wingers whether you agree or not? Just my two cents, I’m not gonna get involved more then that.
Indeed, this thread is for WIP map projects not this political dumpster fire banter, though I am highly unwilling to go to Chat, like ever not after what transpired there since 2014, just nope.

Sweden is now undergoing an Islamic revolution, the result of years of migrants effectively gaining control in the country. Most native Swedes have fled, and its now mostly considered a lost cause. The United Kingdom splintered after Brexit, with Scotland voted and achieving independence, while London became an autonomous city state that supported the EU. The United Kingdom of England and Wales is the remnants of the UK.

Is it meant to be satire?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Antifa are a movement that use violence against "fascists" (whether or not the people they punch are Nazis or not, I won't get into). Anti-Fascist Action is not a political position it is a terrorist movement.
Please confine political screeds to Chat.

Thanks.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor

lw_by_sirion101-dc2bh7m.png
Eye twitching Mod?

If you want to be Banned, why don't you just ask instead of this seeing how close you can get to the edge without falling into the abyss?

Isaac Beach

Banned
I personally wouldn’t mind if you got ban hammered.

Just on this in general, I won’t comment on Sirion’s... uh... unique WIP. But I’m pretty sure preemptively hoping for folks’ to be banned or predicting who will be next isn’t allowed. Something about it being a bit like grave dancing. Just throwing it out there man.

ST15RM

Banned
Just on this in general, I won’t comment on Sirion’s... uh... unique WIP. But I’m pretty sure preemptively hoping for folks’ to be banned or predicting who will be next isn’t allowed. Something about it being a bit like grave dancing. Just throwing it out there man.
oh sorry i’ll delete it

X in Canada WIP Election Map.png

This is a rough sketch of a riding map for the "X-in-Canada" series by @lord caedus. With his permission, I plan to eventually launch a shared worlds project based on the series similar to Hail Britannia and American Commonwealth as the successor to the True North project. It's still a good ways away from starting (too many real life obligations at the moment), but I hope it will be fairly established for at least a few months by the time of the 2019 Canadian election. The base map I used comes from Smid on US Election Atlas, who is one of their best cartographers (along with my buddy Miles).

A few things I need to get done:
- I need to refine the provincial boundaries. The ones currently in place for the ATL provinces are just temporary until I get the map filled out.
- Oregon is going to be a tough one. 109 ridings. Not to mention Minnesota (just realized I'll need a Minneapolis inset), Michigan, and Wisconsin.
- The New Hampshire borders are definitely off.
- Don't know why I copied the unnecessary Boston inset in, but I'll delete it.
- I want to include more of Alaska somehow, so I'll have to push the map a bit to the side using paint. I'll do that last I guess.

If anyone wants to contribute, shoot me a PM. I'll need all the help I can get in drawing accurate ridings!