The M-BAM Main Thread

Once the lowest subdivision we are doing are done, along with lakes if they are done first obviously, could we have a completely grey version? If noone here wants to do it ill do it myself but still

Once the lowest subdivision we are doing are done, along with lakes if they are done first obviously, could we have a completely grey version? If noone here wants to do it ill do it myself but still
What do you mean by completely grey. Do you mean convert to grey scale? because that should be pretty easy?

Also I just noticed that Guantanamo Bay is marked separately from the rest of Cuba even though it is owned by Cuba
The US has made no claim to actually own the land the base is on and continues to send lease payments to the Cuban Government every year(it is a ridiculously low sum and the Cubans refuse to cash it since they claim the base is there illegally) as per an agreement with the pre-communist Cuban Government and thus it is in the same situation as US bases in Germany, Japan, etc where the US does not claim ownership even though US law applies on the base.

It's marked separately I assume since Guantanamo Bay is unlike US bases in Germany or Japan in that the lease agreement for the base cannot be ended without US agreement. Cuba doesn't want the base there, but according to the Cuban-American Treaty of 1934 I believe, they are in fact powerless (legally) to get the Americans to give up the base without the Americans agreeing to do so. Bases in Germany and Japan are not subject to such terms to the best of my knowledge and if either of those host countries want a US base closed then all that is needed is for them to want it and the US will be required to work out the logistics. Guantanamo Bay is a lot more like the former Panama Canal Zone in structure of how it control in relation to the nominal sovereign (except that nationality laws of the US don't apply there unlike in the Canal Zone and unlike the Canal Zone it wasn't treated as a full US territory with a governor).

I am currently making a 1945 europe map (Post VE Day). If someone could give me the latest Europe m bam Europe map that would be nice.

It's marked separately I assume since Guantanamo Bay is unlike US bases in Germany or Japan in that the lease agreement for the base cannot be ended without US agreement. Cuba doesn't want the base there, but according to the Cuban-American Treaty of 1934 I believe, they are in fact powerless (legally) to get the Americans to give up the base without the Americans agreeing to do so. Bases in Germany and Japan are not subject to such terms to the best of my knowledge and if either of those host countries want a US base closed then all that is needed is for them to want it and the US will be required to work out the logistics. Guantanamo Bay is a lot more like the former Panama Canal Zone in structure of how it control in relation to the nominal sovereign (except that nationality laws of the US don't apply there unlike in the Canal Zone and unlike the Canal Zone it wasn't treated as a full US territory with a governor).

That last part is the key bit
Yes the US needs to be the one to break the lease but in the end it is still Cuban territory and no one is contesting that. this is a completely different arrangement than the US Control of the Canal Zone or the British Control of Hong Kong where Sovereignty over the territories was passed to the US/UK for the term of the agreement and not just the rights to use the land.

I am currently making a 1945 europe map (Post VE Day). If someone could give me the latest Europe m bam Europe map that would be nice.

Here is the Dec 31st update:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GbOGll1HSvknMTfODHquksCuzn0N6ngK

Here is the Paint.Net file from what I have worked on if you want it (Admin divisions are separated out):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=19MxzJcz0GLedDwMieN4Hc2BXa5lskY0l

Those are both World Maps so you will need to cut out Europe if that is all you want

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Yea Calbear I have to agree, they just made an alternate history map, they didn't say they wish this occured or anything like that
Do tell?

I take it you support the rest of the images accessed through that link?

I sort of require an answer to this.

Do tell?

I take it you support the rest of the images accessed through that link?

I sort of require an answer to this.

I honestly didnt see any of the other images, if they are racist, sexist or homophobic or anything like that I do not, I was just speaking of the map he originally linked to

I must admit I initially opened the link, took a quick glance, saw 'relatively generic Axis victory map' and closed it without noticing anything else.

I mean there's some stuff on that DA account which if meant seriously are horrific and if in jest are in really poor taste but it would have been quite easy to miss them

ST15RM

Banned
I must admit I initially opened the link, took a quick glance, saw 'relatively generic Axis victory map' and closed it without noticing anything else.

I mean there's some stuff on that DA account which if meant seriously are horrific and if in jest are in really poor taste but it would have been quite easy to miss them
I saw it too. Some of it was orrible beyond belief.