The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, without the USSR or "Red China" as models for the post-colonial world of this TL, I imagine that Ba'athism was butterflied. Therefore, what has become of Libya, Syria, and Iraq in this TL?

Sorry if this seems obvious, but what is Bismarck's reputation ITTL? I imagine it would be a lot more critical and many people would see him as the person who "Opened Pandora's Box" when it came to Germany.
Preety much this, at best. Also, I'd imagine that Napoleon III would be seen more positively ITTL due to the fact his regime fell when he DOW'd Prussia and got defeated.

Preety much this, at best. Also, I'd imagine that Napoleon III would be seen more positively ITTL due to the fact his regime fell when he DOW'd Prussia and got defeated.
Alternatively, perhaps he'd be seen as a lot worse for playing into Bismark's hands, epicly losing to Germany, and inadvertently helping create the First Reich.

I don't think Bismarck would be that vilified, after all he was well before the Nazis and was not in their ideological pantheon. In fact he opposed the grandiosity of Wilhelm II which is why he was retired.

Bismark would be vilified in popular culture, though academic historians might have more nuanced opinions.

Here's how Bismark was depicted in US propaganda during OTL's WW2:

Is the business community one of the main lobbies against allowing Germany (or more accurately, the statelets in what was once Germany) to reindustrialize because said statelets provide a captive market for their goods?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Is the business community one of the main lobbies against allowing Germany (or more accurately, the statelets in what was once Germany) to reindustrialize because said statelets provide a captive market for their goods?
There isn't a "main lobby". In order to lobby for or against something, there has to be a proposed action.

No politician in any of the A4 countries would ever bring the subject up. Might as well propose a "Kick a Puppy Day".

I don't think Bismarck would be that vilified, after all he was well before the Nazis and was not in their ideological pantheon. In fact he opposed the grandiosity of Wilhelm II which is why he was retired.
Bismarck was the one who created unified Germany. The same one that the world holds responsible for the War. The opinion is that Germany's mere existence means it will try to conquer Europe. Bismarck will be a hated figure worldwide.

Alternatively, perhaps he'd be seen as a lot worse for playing into Bismark's hands, epicly losing to Germany, and inadvertently helping create the First Reich.

I don't know. I bet quite a few people might see Nappy 3 as being the last person who tried to prevent German unification, especially in France.

So, has the Cabal been going after the Sinicized but have their own distinct languages and cultural traits which distinguish them from the Han Chinese peoples like the Zhuang and Miao (the Uighurs are probably being wiped out)? Also, have they been "purifying" the Chinese language(s) as well (read: removing loan words from foreign languages and in many cases, creating their own words to replace said loan words)?

Last edited:
So, has the Cabal been going after the Sinicized but have their own distinct languages and cultural traits which distinguish them from the Han Chinese peoples like the Zhuang and Miao (the Uighurs are probably being wiped out)? Also, have they been "purifying" the Chinese language(s) as well (read: removing loan words from foreign languages and in many cases, creating their own words to replace said loan words)?
To add on to that, what's their death toll like compared to OTL's Mao?

Status
Not open for further replies.