Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
PKnFgTR.png

Red Dawn Soviets replaced with Colorado from Metal Gear Rising, complete with Senator Armstrong. Gorilla Grodd is gone, with Africa gaining MGS4 Morocco (the early desert part), Madagaskar from The Madagaskar Plan, Objectivist Katanga, and Zaire + Tunisia from Icarus Falls, with French + Race borders changed.

The Rhine.png

The Rhine
The Rhine is a country in the very Western edge of the Old World that is entirely surrounded by Roma except for its coastline on the Western Ocean. Its borders are long and thin, made up entirely of the River Rhine and the surrounding area. It has a population of 21 million and is rated a Fourth World Country, with one of the worst poverty rates in the world.

Its primary language is Mandarin, and the dominant ethnicity (87%) is Latin, followed by German (8%), Slavic (2%), Gaelic (1%), and various other ethnicities. Once a part of the Roman Empire, it was taken by the Zhou during the Scramble for Roma, for its key position dominating Latin trade. Gaining independence 42 years ago, the nation has suffered from dozens of coup attempts and is now controlled by the Military.

Last edited:
View attachment 313469

The Rhine
The Rhine is a country in the very Western edge of the Old World that is entirely surrounded by Roma except for its coastline on the Western Ocean. Its borders are long and thin, made up entirely of the River Rhine and the surrounding area. It has a population of 11 million and is rated a Fourth World Country, with one of the worst poverty rates in the world.

Its primary language is Mandarin, and the dominant ethnicity (87%) is Latin, followed by German (8%), Slavic (2%), Gaelic (1%), and various other ethnicities. Once a part of the Roman Empire, it was taken by the Zhou during the Scramble for Roma, for its key position dominating Latin trade. Gaining independence 42 years ago, the nation has suffered from dozens of coup attempts and is now controlled by the Military.

Run, it's The Sino-Germanic Gambia! :eek:

The rise of the German empire is thanks to the aid of Hell? That's a bit too on the nose, don't you think? :openedeyewink:
I'll tell you something even more confusing: Germany was created by a Slovenian Revolutionary State!
But first things first. You can imagine the "demons" as described in here more like the downworlders from the mortal instruments/shadow hunters tv series. The church of Nightrise TL just happened to exaggerate everything and so the term "demonic" species became normal.
Also, most demonic species were created during the awakening which is a process of humans awakening to demonic creatures.
I already have described that process in both Map threads XIV and XV, and mostly i quote my previous article in my Nightrise shorts but I seem to have forgotten it this time.

Also, I've seen various Nazi Demonic Über-Reichs such as the Unholy Reich and other. Also, using demonic creatures is very common in Literature set in the Victorian age, with Nightrise's main events occurring between 1852 and 1908(1937/2018)
I'll guess that's covered too.

It's a classic "hero decides to change to good side and wins" scenario.

There was a Slovene Kingdom during the creation of Germany which was the one that attacked Vienna during military shortcuts and basically just annexed Habsburg Austria. But I posted that sub-timeline in Map Thread XV as well :)

View attachment 313469

The Rhine
The Rhine is a country in the very Western edge of the Old World that is entirely surrounded by Roma except for its coastline on the Western Ocean. Its borders are long and thin, made up entirely of the River Rhine and the surrounding area. It has a population of 11 million and is rated a Fourth World Country, with one of the worst poverty rates in the world.

A long, thin, and heavily stretched analogy. :p

View attachment 313469

The Rhine

A fiendishly brilliant idea.

I'll have to suggest a few things: Redraw the borders that you drew in. Many of them are rather displeasing to the eye. Using a different map would help with that too. Additionally, the presence of Germans in Asia (India, Yunnan) is highly improbable. The Indian National Army was allied to the Japanese, with the intent of either independence or joining the Pan-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. The incorporation of the Adriatic coast into the core of the Reich, when these territories were highly valued by the Italians, is likewise improbable. German control of Tsingtao is impossible- German influence has certainly diminished since WW1 and the Japanese would never permit it- their whole agenda (at least publicly) was reclaiming Asia for Asians. The Italian puppets are additional improbabilities. Control of Quebec? How- better, why? Mexico and Latin American countries tend to be safer picks for Italian puppets, as they have similar cultures and languages. The random blobs of Italy in Asia in the middle of German territory makes little sense, especially their control of the Caucasus, a region that the Germans really wanted (oil and all that). Lastly, the coasts in South America should be- at least for the most part- conquered. It's the interior that would preserve potential for continued resistance. That's all in regards to your map. Regarding the storyline, having Hitler all of a sudden allow a retreat is unlikely- and retreating in 1942, when the Germans could still have won, is even more unlikely considering the scenario of an Axis victory. Perhaps you could change it to a withdrawal from Stalingrad and capture of Leningrad, which Hitler may have been willing to do (capture of Leningrad would have been a similarly moral victory over communists and would also free up significant numbers of troops, which were laying siege to the city).
All the above said, I did like some things from your map. The South American resistance is a nice touch, as the undeveloped terrain there (particularly Brazil) would facilitate a drawn-out guerrilla war. I also liked the German Tsingtao- as impossible as it is, it's interesting to consider how much Germany could bully Japan into giving up concessions. Historically, the Germans were vastly ahead of the Japanese in industrial capability, and could have beat the Japanese any day in a land war- even a naval war, given that they had the time to build up their navy. Though the idea is hugely impossible, it's still really cool to consider.

I would reference my take on a victory, but I honestly don't know how to link to an old post.
Thanks. I would not even know hitler wanted the caucasus during 1941 (i just tought that the caucasus has more warmth)

ok im going to explain this some more. ok i wanted to create a better Axis. please have it be noted that i dont condone any of the stuff Germany did during WWII but i just like the topic of discussion, ok with that said lets fix the axis.
first of, i used the the axis before peril harbor i.e. Germany, Italy and Japan as a starting field, then i got rid of Italy because it completely sucks! at everything according to war so i got rid of them. now Germany knows it's 3 biggest obsticals are the USSR, UK and USA. so i created a different set of allies to help.

first of UK: i added Ireland to attack from the west, Norway to attack from the east, Iceland to attack from the North and have Germany to attack from the south. also on the European Theater i put Spain because Spain and Germany were really good friends and the only reason Spain didn't enter is that Germany never called them in.

next is the USSR: i added Turkey, Finland and Iran. i added Finland to attack from the north, Turkey and Iran to attack the south and supply oil to Germany once they reach Bulgaria. and have Japan attack from the west.

finally the USA: i added Mexico, Venezuela and Brazil. in WWI Germany asked Mexico to help against the US encase they joined and well...Mexico didn't join, the US took it as an act of war and immediately declared war on Germany. so lets just say Germany asked again and due to the US isolation, they didn't respond and Mexico joined. as for south america, i added Venezuela because they were extremely close to turning Fascist and joining the axis, so lets just say that they joined and turned Fascist, and as for Brazil i think they were close to turning as well, but i could be wrong on that.

so in conclusion, when Germany re-militarizes, takes Austria and Czechoslovakia, and the allies give the ultimatum...and Germany declares war on Poland in 1939...will the allies attack? will they just let Germany take it? or will they fight and drag the war on im guessing till 1950...i dont know? what do you think?

Maryland and Delaware are Confederate territory.

Anyway here's the fixed one

j0Tz8nn.png
You might actually do better by using the modern border of Idaho, plus the Pacifican portion of Wyoming, as the map shows it that way as well. Might also want to change the Catalina's and maybe show Mexico as being underFrench influence, due to the illustration showing Napoleon III giving Maxie the crown.

ok im going to explain this some more. ok i wanted to create a better Axis. please have it be noted that i dont condone any of the stuff Germany did during WWII but i just like the topic of discussion, ok with that said lets fix the axis.
first of, i used the the axis before peril harbor i.e. Germany, Italy and Japan as a starting field, then i got rid of Italy because it completely sucks! at everything according to war so i got rid of them. now Germany knows it's 3 biggest obsticals are the USSR, UK and USA. so i created a different set of allies to help.
Italy did not "suck(s)! at everything according to war". Furthermore even if Italy was not a great allie to Germany it would ve even worse for the Nazis if Italy were yo join the allies and attack them from the south. Also its Pearl Harbor, not Peril Harbor (it's not always nomen est omen).

first of UK: i added Ireland to attack from the west, Norway to attack from the east, Iceland to attack from the North and have Germany to attack from the south. also on the European Theater i put Spain because Spain and Germany were really good friends and the only reason Spain didn't enter is that Germany never called them in.
None of these nations had realistcally anything to gain from joining the Axis. ESPECIALLY not Iceland. What are they even going to attack the UK with, shipping boats?

next is the USSR: i added Turkey, Finland and Iran. i added Finland to attack from the north, Turkey and Iran to attack the south and supply oil to Germany once they reach Bulgaria. and have Japan attack from the west.

finally the USA: i added Mexico, Venezuela and Brazil. in WWI Germany asked Mexico to help against the US encase they joined and well...Mexico didn't join, the US took it as an act of war and immediately declared war on Germany. Wait. That is not at all how that happened.
so lets just say Germany asked again and due to the US isolation, they didn't respond and Mexico joined. as for south america, i added Venezuela because they were extremely close to turning Fascist and joining the axis, so lets just say that they joined and turned Fascist, and as for Brazil i think they were close to turning as well, but i could be wrong on that.

so in conclusion, when Germany re-militarizes, takes Austria and Czechoslovakia, and the allies give the ultimatum...and Germany declares war on Poland in 1939...will the allies attack? will they just let Germany take it? or will they fight and drag the war on im guessing till 1950...i dont know? what do you think?

my responds in bold.

finally the USA: i added Mexico, Venezuela and Brazil. in WWI Germany asked Mexico to help against the US encase they joined and well...Mexico didn't join, the US took it as an act of war and immediately declared war on Germany. so lets just say Germany asked again and due to the US isolation, they didn't respond and Mexico joined. as for south america, i added Venezuela because they were extremely close to turning Fascist and joining the axis, so lets just say that they joined and turned Fascist, and as for Brazil i think they were close to turning as well, but i could be wrong on that.

Well, to take the allies gathered against Britain to start off with.

Ireland: Assuming that Britain does hand over the leased ports in 1938 still (though that seems unlikely if Ireland has actually joined the Axis), Churchill had a plan for Ireland anyway which basically involves a descent on Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Waterford. We can assume that a full gone Axis Ireland probably has a significant internal faction who would really rather prefer not to go to war with Britain, and who are probably in contact with London. Assuming that Ireland declares war, and this does not immediately restart the Civil War from the 20s over whether to accept the treaty, then it's probably 2 weeks tops before the British have taken control of the major ports, deposed the government, recognised the 'spontaneously formed' alternative peace government (who would probably be pretty spontaneous anyway) and signed a treaty that restores the Treaty Port lease in return for neutralising the country.

Iceland: Lasted a day IOTL when the British decided to take over. I don't think it's going to be any longer here.

Norway: The toughest nut to crack, but then this becomes essentially OTL post-1940 anyway.

Has anyone done a Left Behind Map when the Global Community is destroyed early by the US, UK, Russia, and Egypt, winning World War 3, and Carpathia, Leon Fortunato, and all the other big bads are also killed, and stay dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.