Which version is better?

• WAFFLES!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • greything

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • TOAST!

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters
I've tried using the Prussia color for the German Empire, and it's too similar to France.
2r4k513.png

Personally, I use the unified Germany color. Yes, the German Empire was dominated by Prussia, but A) Pan-Germanism is the main reason it was formed, and B) Imperial German soldiers wore green-gray (feldgrau) uniforms.

it's half past one. i'm going to sleep, here's the germany palette so far

EDIT: update
upload_2016-10-29_11-8-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-29_1-34-42.png
    upload_2016-10-29_1-34-42.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:
I'd like to suggest adding colors for superprovincial borders (borders for vassals, autonomous regions, states in personal union, the like) and primary & superprovincial colonial borders (superprovincial colonial borders would be for partially integrated colonies, e.g. Italian Somaliland with the protectorates of Majeerteen and Hoboyo). I would have them be the basic border color (hue and saturation) at 31%, 13%, and 26%, respectively.

I think we should start working on things that aren't Europe.

1. Alexandrian territories in (admittedly, a little bit of Europe and) Persia-Indus-Anatolia.

Well, then. @XO Mapping, I'll continue to support this effort in my (unofficial) role as creative consultant. Or something.

Speaking of which, some expanded color descriptions for North Africa:
  • Shilluk (or other White Nile-based state)
  • Cyrenacia, Greek successor in Africa, secondary Libyan state (also switch colors for Primary and Secondary Libya)
  • Carthage, Levantine/Arabic successor in Africa
  • Algeria, Algiers
  • Morocco, North African Caliphate
  • Mauritania, Trarza, Moors
Also considering adding more early modern Italian states (EUIV inclusion works there too)

Last edited:
After you do all of that, do every US county
That's frankly absurd, and there's no reason to do it. What map would anyone here make that would use separate colors for US counties? Most of them don't have very distinct cultural identities anyway.

Something we could do, though, is add corresponding governorates to the Russian state colors. I'll be making a list and posting it here shortly.

By the way, I can't find a link to the actual color scheme image.

Something we could do, though, is add corresponding governorates to the Russian state colors. I'll be making a list and posting it here shortly.

By the way, I can't find a link to the actual color scheme image.
Aye. I am trying to compile image together; need to do Pakistani, London, Germania.