Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicxulub

Banned
Here is a map of arable land by country as of 2013.

iWKFrOY.png

WIP of a North American scenario I've been working on in Inkscape (no PoD in particular, just a lot of brutally murdered butterflies).

AHNAattempt.png

A bit of border gore, but looks crazy. :V

Trust me, Civcraft is insane. Started playing it last year, very crazy server in my opinion. I'm from Kaiserinreich (together with M.R.L. and AshleeNova). We're currently planning stuff for the server reset, too.

Trust me, Civcraft is insane. Started playing it last year, very crazy server in my opinion. I'm from Kaiserinreich (together with M.R.L. and AshleeNova). We're currently planning stuff for the server reset, too.

Never did get around to visiting either iteration of Kaiserin, far away as you are from most of the world. You guys joining up with any other groups for 3.0?

Never did get around to visiting either iteration of Kaiserin, far away as you are from most of the world. You guys joining up with any other groups for 3.0?

There's a guy who wants to make a retro-50s town (more Pleasentville than Fallout) called Americana. I'm currently thinking of joining him. But we do have an unknown amount of time until the reset, so that may change.

Ashlee is planning something new (and we have about 10 to 12 people interested in becoming part of it already). Just shoot her a PM, she can tell you the details better than I can.

Also since I don't want to derail this... Here's a locator map I had planned to use for an infobox but I've postponed it. Hopefully it's relatively self-explanatory.

yCcFNpd.png

Last edited:
"The Annexation Bill of 1866 was a bill introduced on July 2, 1866, but never passed in the United States House of Representatives. It called for the annexation of British North America and the admission of its provinces as states and territories in the Union."

Article IV declared that the "Territorial divisions are established as follows:
(1) New Brunswick, with its present limits;

(2) Nova Scotia, with the addition of Prince Edward Island;

(3) Canada East, with the addition of Newfoundland and all territory east of longitude eighty degrees and south of Hudson's strait;

(4) Canada West, with the addition of territory south of Hudson's bay and between longitude eighty degrees longitude ninety degrees;

(5) Selkirk Territory, bounded east by longitude ninety degrees, south by the late boundary of the United States, west by longitude one hundred and five degrees, and north by the Arctic circle;

(6) Saskatchewan Territory, bounded east by longitude one hundred and five degrees, south by latitude forty-nine degrees, west by the Rocky mountains, and north by latitude seventy degrees;

(7) Columbia Territory, including Vancouver's Island, and Queen Charlotte's island, and bounded east and north by the Rocky mountains, south by latitude forty-nine degrees, and west by the Pacific ocean and Russian America."

From a thread over in pre-1900.
Is there already a map depicting these states and territories, with the map below for the "old" US?
If not, can anyone create it?

640px-United_States_1866-1867-01.png

Ashlee being me, aka NovaCeasar with the ceasar spelt wrong : P

I may change my username for 3.0 but doubtful, and if I do I'll change it to NovaKaiserin so not much of a real difference.

The Minecraft server Civcraft (a 'social experiment' with no moderating, but with mods to promote community-building) has ended after ~3 years, to be reset in some time. To commemorate this, I'll post the map of country claims as of the end (credit goes to the Reddit users ho collaborated to make this.) It's very large, so I'm posting a link to it.

Large Image Warning

We started building the city in a creative server, you're welcome to join us some time. It has worldedit and creative so send me a pm if youd like the IP adress.

From a thread over in pre-1900.
Is there already a map depicting these states and territories, with the map below for the "old" US?
If not, can anyone create it?

640px-United_States_1866-1867-01.png
Sorry for the shameless self-promotion, but this is a map I made a while ago which is based on the idea of the Annexation Bill of 1866 being passed and what the US could look today.

I started by mapping out the territories as described and then imagining how the borders of Selkirk, Saskatchewan and Columbia could have evolved.

annexation_bill_of_1866_by_rubberduck3y6-d8s5b1x.png

DA link

This is a WIP for a Napoleon-wank TL, wherein he destroys the Royal Navy and invades Britain, breaking the back of the anti-Napoleonic powers, and sending the UK into exile in Ireland and North America. The Emperor dies without a direct successor in 1831, and France reverts to a neo-classicist republic, replete with Roman-style Dictatorship protocols. More detailed backstory to come when the map is complete.

Thinking I should find a way to better distinguish the internal and external borders.

1W9kmzr.png

Chicxulub

Banned
While I like the concept, to be blunt there was zero need to use the Q-BAM for that, the Worlda would have worked just as well while being easier to read an not taken up so much space.

True, I might make a Worlda version then, with a key.

Status
Not open for further replies.