Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished off that To The Stars map I was working on!

FTFSCWQ.png

Feel free to comment or ask questions!

Looking good. Who wins, and what are the ideals of both sides?

The United Front prevails by 2230, inheriting a battered planet with half its pre-war population.

The UF dealt with the collapse of traditional economic systems by with subsidized housing, various successor schemes of the living wage and strenuous efforts to keep the structure of society from collapsing. As all out post modern warfare tore the individual member states to shreds, the UF Emergency Defense Committee (descended from the original UF General Assembly) became increasingly determined that such abuses as that which were becoming commonplace in the remaining FA controlled area would never, ever happen again. The following projects by the victorious EDC to fix a broken world included clinical immortality, an abolition of scarcity and the creation of an essentially utopian government for all of humanity.
That these efforts did not crash and burn is probably at least slightly down to involvement from the shadowy alien-influenced organisation that had helped the UF win the war in the first place.

There was a wide variety of justifications amoungst the hyperclass elites detached from their population - later fleshing out into full ideologies - but to put it bluntly; The FA, realising that A: the general population was now an economic 'dead weight' and B: completely bereft of any power made the serendipitous discovery that lending aid to the weak was tantamount to an attack on civilisation itself and in any case if they'd just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps they wouldn't have any problems, etc etc. The charter of the FA sums it up pretty well, describing the organisation as the FA as a "defensive organization of free states, intended to defend its members from the encroachment of Communistic, Interventionist, and Militaristic Oppressor States, bent on seizing the sovereignty of Member States for themselves”
The ideologies of the FA States - dismissive of human rights as they were - were later taken to their logical conclusion as the FA began to experiment with genetically modifying first their military to ensure total loyalty and later their populations at large...

The United Front prevails by 2230, inheriting a battered planet with half its pre-war population.

The UF dealt with the collapse of traditional economic systems by with subsidized housing, various successor schemes of the living wage and strenuous efforts to keep the structure of society from collapsing. As all out post modern warfare tore the individual member states to shreds, the UF Emergency Defense Committee (descended from the original UF General Assembly) became increasingly determined that such abuses as that which were becoming commonplace in the remaining FA controlled area would never, ever happen again. The following projects by the victorious EDC to fix a broken world included clinical immortality, an abolition of scarcity and the creation of an essentially utopian government for all of humanity.
That these efforts did not crash and burn is probably at least slightly down to involvement from the shadowy alien-influenced organisation that had helped the UF win the war in the first place.

There was a wide variety of justifications amoungst the hyperclass elites detached from their population - later fleshing out into full ideologies - but to put it bluntly; The FA, realising that A: the general population was now an economic 'dead weight' and B: completely bereft of any power made the serendipitous discovery that lending aid to the weak was tantamount to an attack on civilisation itself and in any case if they'd just pulled themselves up by their bootstraps they wouldn't have any problems, etc etc. The charter of the FA sums it up pretty well, describing the organisation as the FA as a "defensive organization of free states, intended to defend its members from the encroachment of Communistic, Interventionist, and Militaristic Oppressor States, bent on seizing the sovereignty of Member States for themselves”
The ideologies of the FA States - dismissive of human rights as they were - were later taken to their logical conclusion as the FA began to experiment with genetically modifying first their military to ensure total loyalty and later their populations at large...

Hm, interesting. I kinda want to see an alternate, FA victory world. :p

A little overview of my TL, I started in August.

dark blue are countries with full democracy
light blue are not soo democratic (two, three parties)
dark red is strict communism
light red is "moderate communism"
dark brown is strict fascism/nazism/racism
light brown is the "moderate" version of it
dark purple stands for absolute monarchy
light purple are constitutional or parlamientary monarchies
olive green are countries under a military junta
dark grey stands for anarchy
light grey are other countries (mostly theocratic dictatorships)

more details will follow later. :)

Aug 2015-TL Überblick Weltkarte.png

http://www.dailyplebiscite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/conflicts_world.png

I have to wonder how many are in East Asia and the Americas? Also I think with climate change this will get worse rather than better

Several of these ARE represented on maps, on the other hand several of them (like Azawad) have'nt existed in awhile and most of these are civil wars or armed rebellion within a state, which we don't normally show on a map since they change so much or are not seeking independence or anything.

Little Ditty, Greater AZ, consisting of all lands controlled by any state in the region named Arizona. Confederate Arizona, the US Arizona Territory, and the Second Mexican Empire's Province of Arizona.

Greater Arizona.png

Little Ditty, Greater AZ, consisting of all lands controlled by any state in the region named Arizona. Confederate Arizona, the US Arizona Territory, and the Second Mexican Empire's Province of Arizona.

"Come, Texas. Let us get rid of our perennial rival... permanently."

Deleted member 67076

WIP map. POD is instead of the Habsburgs obtaining control of Spain via dynastic choices, its the Vaois. As one can imagine, all the shades of blue (sans Congo) represent various states in Personal Union by the Valois Monarchy.

Year is set in 1600.

Oaya0VF.png

WIP map. POD is instead of the Habsburgs obtaining control of Spain via dynastic choices, its the Vaois. As one can imagine, all the shades of blue represent various states in Personal Union by the Valois Monarchy.

Year is set in 1600.

Oddly enough, mind end well for the Austrians.

Very nice maps there, Upvote. I gotta ask though...what's with the different colors in Britain, political or language demarcations? Also, just out of curiousity where is Carolina's capital located at?

WIP map. POD is instead of the Habsburgs obtaining control of Spain via dynastic choices, its the Vaois. As one can imagine, all the shades of blue (sans Congo) represent various states in Personal Union by the Valois Monarchy.

Year is set in 1600.

Aztec-wank! :eek::D

Milites, any plans for a ACW Kaiserreich Map? I'm curious about the internal divisions for the CSA and AUS

guinazacity

Banned

Year is set in 1600.

Portugal said fuck it and moved to the colonies 200 years earlier?

Very nice maps there, Upvote. I gotta ask though...what's with the different colors in Britain, political or language demarcations? Also, just out of curiousity where is Carolina's capital located at?

Well, Britain is a republic, so I tried to make some crude denominations as to where provinces and autonomous regions would be located. I wanted them to follow "traditional" borders (Strathclyde, Northumbria, Sudheyjar), but it's very primitive and I plan to revise them later (I don't know much about England though, so I'd very much appreciate some help). :)

And Carolina's capitol is located in a place called Charleston, near OTL Raleigh. It was originally Jamestown, but the governmental processes were slowly moved to the place where the official Royal Manor was located.

1720 culture map for my TL, in the siggy:
2YZ8DSj.png

Not necessarily a criticism, but these southern ep south eastern areas of Florida weren't even settled in the late 1800s. It's far more likely for the northern interior to be done first, and most Spanish colonists preferred to move to Cuba in that general area.

2 years on and the armies of the world are on the march. Somewhere in a bomb shelter deep below Kōfu, an alien intermediary direly informs the Japanese minister of defence and her assembled colleagues that Humanity was now at substantial risk of a “low-productivity, low-utility” end-state.

The assembly it was addressing decides to refuse its offers of direct intervention.

keYO56V.png

Status
Not open for further replies.