Qilai! Qilai! - A History of Modern China and The World

Regarding the electoral maps (2004, 2000, etc.) I'm guessing what happened was a slight majority (50-55%) of Asians and Hispanics voted Republican, while whites slightly trend Democrat more than OTL (60-55%)?

Asami

Banned
Regarding the electoral maps (2004, 2000, etc.) I'm guessing what happened was a slight majority (50-55%) of Asians and Hispanics voted Republican, while whites slightly trend Democrat more than OTL (60-55%)?

Full confession, I didn't think that much into it.

It's alright, we all fantasize about the return of Republican California. :p

3674505292_c946eda8bb_b.jpg

THE END

起来!不愿做奴隶的人们!
把我们的血肉,筑成我们新的长城!
中华民族到了最危险的时候,
每个人被迫着发出最后的吼声。
起来!起来!起来!
我们万众一心,
冒着敌人的炮火,前进!
冒着敌人的炮火,前进!
前进!前进!进!

It would had been a near perfect utopia TL if Traditional Chinese Characters eventually replace back Simplified.

Asami

Banned
Sakura_F presents
ANOTHER ASIAN TIMELINE!

Mukden_Primary.jpg

八紘一宇
Hakkō ichiu
A Tale of the Empire of the Rising Sun

Coming soon to AlternateHistory.com!
Sometime in late 2016 or Early 2017

Last edited:

Wallet

Banned
@Sakura_F I hope you don't mind, I felt compelled to do my own version of your map. Lifted almost entirely from your own, of course, though I made some aesthetic choices. I'm aware it won't be wholly accurate, but I haven't yet gotten around to reading the whole timeline through and through. The last part I read was the Argentina bit, and from what I could tell it wound up under Anglo-American occupation, so I depicted that as shown. Anyway, it was thrown together rather quickly.

View attachment 296443

Edit: I realise I forgot to recolour the Kerguelens...
What's going on in Argentina ?

Sakura_F presents
ANOTHER ASIAN TIMELINE!

Mukden_Primary.jpg

八紘一宇
Hakkō ichiu
A Tale of the Empire of the Rising Sun

Coming soon to AlternateHistory.com!
Sometime in late 2016 or Early 2017

Hopefully this one doesn't see the construction of a beautiful utopia and then it slipping into horror.

Wow, you managed to complete it.

Too many LOLs that I don't even know where to start. The Top Gear War perhaps? Seeing Clarkson being tortured is every lefty's dream come true, though poor Joey got dragged into this shit as well, and after most of his Friends cast got killed in the terrorist attacks a decade ago.

If one day you chose to continue this TL in the Future History or ASB section, I will most definitely subscribe to that.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Wow, you managed to complete it.

Too many LOLs that I don't even know where to start. The Top Gear War perhaps? Seeing Clarkson being tortured is every lefty's dream come true, though poor Joey got dragged into this shit as well, and after most of his Friends cast got killed in the terrorist attacks a decade ago.

If one day you chose to continue this TL in the Future History or ASB section, I will most definitely subscribe to that.
Really?

Seeing someone tortured is your fantasy?

Event: Death of Fidel Castro (2016)

Asami

Banned
Qilai! Qilai!
A History of Modern China and the World

BONUS SCENE

44175-004-1AA92245.jpg

'AMERICA'S OLDEST RIVAL, GREATEST FRIEND'
Fidel Castro
(1926-2016)
The story of Fidel Castro as he relates to the United States begins in 1959. He lead the military revolution against the Batista regime, a regime that was largely in the pocket of American special interests. When Castro overthrew the regime in Havana, President Estes Kefauver of the United States was left with a decision on how he should deal with the Cuban revolution.

He took no action other than rough planning, and Castro was allowed to empower himself, and establish his Marxist-Leninist state in Cuba. In 1961, President Rockefeller refused to give his ascent to a potentially dangerous military operation to overthrow Castro. The United States simply imposed an embargo upon the small island nation, and decided to starve them out instead of direct confrontation.

Cuban exiles were, understandably, displeased.

But as years passed, and America's greatest enemy passed from Communism to Populism, Castro's reputation amongst American leaders and citizens changed, particularly as the Floridian Cuban community in Miami grew more and more populistic, and the Tampa Cuban community grew more and more communistic.

In 1974, as part of President Jackson's initiatives to help heal relations with communist states, Castro visited Washington D.C. and slight negotiations were made to repeal the embargo or create exceptions. After an outbreak of cholera in Cuba, the United States provided medical aid to the small communist state under the guise of humanitarianism.

In 1991, under President Haig, Cuba and the United States restored diplomatic relations, and the embassy in Havana was reopened for the first time in 30 years. This move was attacked in the press by the Cuban exile community, and violence surfaced in Miami for a few days after the embargo was lifted, but Cuban cigars, and other economic items began to flood into the United States once more.

After the Black April attacks in 2002, Cuban volunteers visited the United States to help reconstruct the damaged areas, and Cuban soldiers served in the Islamic War against the Caliphate, on both the side of the Americans, and Soviets. Castro proclaimed that the peoples of Cuba were locked in an eternal war against fascism, and that America was no longer the enemy-- Arabia was.

In 2005, he was the first to begin to proclaim that Europe was perhaps the enemy of all democratic civilization, and called upon a 'final strike' against them. Castro became America's most valued ally in the Caribbean Sea, forming the 'tie' that bonded Soviet-American relations together. During the Top Gear War, Cuban paratroopers and volunteers participated against Argentina on behalf of their American allies.

In 2016, when Castro passed away at age 90, President Hill gave a statement wishing Cuba the best, and praising Castro for his 'dedication to the fight against populism and Islamism', which was echoed world-wide, except in Europe, where he was castigated as a 'godless communist'.

A statue of him was erected in Havana in 2017, with two statues appearing in Tampa by 2019--one in Ybor City's central district, and one at Tampa International Airport.​

Last edited: