Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

I just realized that Talleyrand is not in the story, it is odd that a story of Napoleon's Victory wouldn't have the most brilliant of French diplomats. Plus the events of this story would of come before Talleyrand was kick out of power (if its possible to do that for more then 5 minutes). That was for the invasion of Russia that he was against, and that was not needed in your story.

Having an empress on the french throne is going to require some huge changes in the Napoleonic code and french constitution

By the time she comes around in the mid 20th century, changes will have occurred in France so this is possible. If it isn't feasible though, she can become a Napoleon V and her son can be Napoleon VI :)

Making Britain a French vassal state.

Titus, while your points make sense and are definitely plausible for another TL, I don't think if I did that in this TL everything else would play out the way it did so far. I don't think I made the British totally defeated and I know that a Bonaparte on England's throne, especially at the expense of venerable old George III, would not go over well.

I just realized that Talleyrand is not in the story, it is odd that a story of Napoleon's Victory wouldn't have the most brilliant of French diplomats.

Good point, I will have to add him in further revisions! :)

Titus_Pullo

Banned
By the time she comes around in the mid 20th century, changes will have occurred in France so this is possible. If it isn't feasible though, she can become a Napoleon V and her son can be Napoleon VI :)

Titus, while your points make sense and are definitely plausible for another TL, I don't think if I did that in this TL everything else would play out the way it did so far. I don't think I made the British totally defeated and I know that a Bonaparte on England's throne, especially at the expense of venerable old George III, would not go over well.

Good point, I will have to add him in further revisions! :)

Btw who wins WWI in your timeline?

Faeelin

Banned
Haha, I was just kidding about the Britain comment.

I've never really thought about this.

The war started in 1812 and Britain and France had peace in 1813, so I always figured that the British were able to hold off the Americans for at least a year just from sheer tenacity and grit. Maybe I am under-estimating the power of the US army?

I think you are underestimating the US army to an extent; while not great by any stretch of the imagination, especially early on, it wasn't completely awful; they did take York after all.

But more important, I think Britain would push to give it to America for fear that France would demand it.

Hey all,

Is the format of this timeline reasonable? I know a lot of writers like to organize their TLs into literally timelines such as "1810: such and such happens. 1819: so and so dies". Is the format I use good on the eyes? I just would like to know so perhaps I can change it in the future.

Thanks!

Hey all,

Is the format of this timeline reasonable? I know a lot of writers like to organize their TLs into literally timelines such as "1810: such and such happens. 1819: so and so dies". Is the format I use good on the eyes? I just would like to know so perhaps I can change it in the future.

Thanks!

Your format is excellent IMO. Hope you continue the TL in the near future.

Ah thank you. I am nearly done with the Great War! Should be a week at the latest, couple days at the earliest.

Small request. Info on how Brazil has been doing: interanally, as a colonial power, and in world affairs. I confess a soft spot for the Braganca's especially regarding Brazil.

Ah thank you. I am nearly done with the Great War! Should be a week at the latest, couple days at the earliest.

First of all, great job on the TL so far, and I can't wait for the update.

Second, a question. I may have missed this, but why is Switzerland independent and neutral? Wasn't it a French vassal in our Napoleonic Wars, and it's neutrality only confirmed after our Congress of Vienna? If I missed something tell me, but otherwise, that might need to be fixed...

Herr Frage said:
Small request. Info on how Brazil has been doing: interanally, as a colonial power, and in world affairs. I confess a soft spot for the Braganca's especially regarding Brazil.

Well, to be honest everything in this TL about Latin America is pretty thin mainly because my knowledge of Latin America is pretty limited. I would very much like to elaborate on Brazil and the newer Latin American nations' progress and I will definitely focus on this after the Great War.

Kriegdämmerung said:
Second, a question. I may have missed this, but why is Switzerland independent and neutral? Wasn't it a French vassal in our Napoleonic Wars, and it's neutrality only confirmed after our Congress of Vienna? If I missed something tell me, but otherwise, that might need to be fixed...

You're absolutely right and I should fix this. I think the best thing for the TL (meaning I won't have to change that much :p) is to have some sort of act or general agreement among the European powers after Napoleon's victory to affirm Swiss neutrality and independence. The thing is, you did not miss anything and the Swiss don't even make an appearance in this timeline or in the Great War. I admit, I completely looked them over. Does this sound reasonable? Maybe a treaty by all the major nations of European affirming Swiss independence and neutrality (like Belgium in OTL)?

You're absolutely right and I should fix this. I think the best thing for the TL (meaning I won't have to change that much :p) is to have some sort of act or general agreement among the European powers after Napoleon's victory to affirm Swiss neutrality and independence. The thing is, you did not miss anything and the Swiss don't even make an appearance in this timeline or in the Great War. I admit, I completely looked them over. Does this sound reasonable? Maybe a treaty by all the major nations of European affirming Swiss independence and neutrality (like Belgium in OTL)?

Doesn't sound too bad. Although with Napoleonic France in direct or indirect control of everything around Switzerland, having a neutral Switzerland really doesn't do anything that crucial. Or make it a part of France, either way, same effect...

I've finished the Great War section. It seems incredibly lengthy and I will post it once I make some maps :eek:

Also...I kind of want to post it on page 5 :)

Does anyone have any ideas on what a flag for Southern Lusitania would look like? I would like to create a flag for them but I am probably not creative enough regarding vexillology.

I've finished the Great War section. It seems incredibly lengthy and I will post it once I make some maps :eek:

Also...I kind of want to post it on page 5 :)

Does anyone have any ideas on what a flag for Southern Lusitania would look like? I would like to create a flag for them but I am probably not creative enough regarding vexillology.

First, damn you, I thought you posted!:p

Secondly, I dunno. Did Napoleon have a planned flag for the country? If not, I can look around for you...

Hahaha! I love the coat of arms! Perhaps I will replace those faces with the face of Manuel Godoy. Thanks for your help! :)