Napoleon's Victory [LONG]

Didn't know I would create such a response (thats the largest font I have been yelled at with). Anyway if you read the introduction he says this isn't for British Empire lovers, and I find it refreshing that one time line has the British empire not succeed like OTL thats the only reason I am happy, I enjoy a good Britain-wank evert now again too.

Didn't know I would create such a response (thats the largest font I have been yelled at with). Anyway if you read the introduction he says this isn't for British Empire lovers, and I find it refreshing that one time line has the British empire not succeed like OTL thats the only reason I am happy, I enjoy a good Britain-wank evert now again too.

That's ok...

Sorry for yelling...

In case you don't know, I am one of those ah.commers who want an uber-British Empire all of the time... :D

A couple of questions:

1. What is the technological level of the TL currently? What exactly is the status of airships, are they advanced enough to become like civilian liners? And are there any other inventions that we should know about?

2. You made a passing mention of Communism, is that something big ITTL and is it the same Communism we know IOTL?

1. What is the technological level of the TL currently? What exactly is the status of airships, are they advanced enough to become like civilian liners? And are there any other inventions that we should know about?

The technological level is more or less the same as OTL with iron ships, telegraphs, telephones, etc. The only difference is (so far) the lack of airplanes because I would like airships to be a larger part of the TL.

Airships have been used for a number of years with limited passenger capability although none have crossed the Atlantic. They are limited to cross-continental travel. The main mode of transportation remains the steam-ship. The internal combustion engine has been invented too and early "horseless carriages" exist in major nations.

I should really do a section on technology....

2. You made a passing mention of Communism, is that something big ITTL and is it the same Communism we know IOTL?

It is not quite as big of a deal ITTL. My reasoning for that is a fair system of industry in Germany and France with an uncorrupted meritocracy. It will become far more appealing in Russia during the Great War, but I am not sure how that will play out yet.

Are there few comments because this is so long or because the British lose? :p

There's a lot to digest here Zach. You've provided a very detailed global TL, which is fantastic, interesting and believable.

(I've aksed myself this same question concerning my "Course of Human Events" TL.)

I should really do a section on technology....

Looking forward to that and if it's possible can you also do a short one on the cultural and intellectual atmosphere of Europe and the world, very curious about what it looks like ITTL. stuff like cultural movements, famous literary works ands authors, scientific theories, philosophical and religious developments if there any significant differences in those fields from OTL worth mentioning

I think it's because it's really long but it's still much better divided than the previous version, a great improvement there BUT if it is because of the British Empire, then I can't believe that in this day and age, whether or not the British Empire is "wanked" enough remains a factor in the amount of comments a TL gets.

Haha, I was just kidding about the Britain comment.

But the Royal Navy is toast and Bonaparte's in London, no?

I've never really thought about this.

The war started in 1812 and Britain and France had peace in 1813, so I always figured that the British were able to hold off the Americans for at least a year just from sheer tenacity and grit. Maybe I am under-estimating the power of the US army?

I think that this will change the relationship between Canada and Britain at the end of the war. Like I said, I never really thought about this before...makes me want to change it!

Excellent Timeline

Are there few comments because this is so long or because the British lose?
I think it's because most comments in other threads are about people contesting points of the timeline but since yours is excellent they have nothing to argue about.

This may be my first post but I've been lurking here and reading the timelines for quite some time and this is the best one on this site. Please continue writing it.

You have a fine TL here. I cannot offer much CC right now becuase of how much it is. I like the Bonaparte Empire(I refuse to like France, but I do like the Bonapartes). In particular you do a good job of not making one nation inexplicably dominating the world(no Draka dust here). Personally I would like to hear more about how Nippon's history progressed in this TL.

Keep up the good work.

P.S. Nice visuals, I am currently on the hunt for mapmakers and picture people for the TL in my signature. Any suggestions?

A very good TL, but wouldn't Russia still expand into peripheral chinese territory, like Vladivostok?

Yes, that is very true and that is key for the Great War I will write so I will have to change that in the maps.

P.S. Nice visuals, I am currently on the hunt for mapmakers and picture people for the TL in my signature. Any suggestions?

Most of my better maps were done by photoshop, but the Alternate Books and Media section of this forum is filled with literally thousands of alternate maps, blank maps, maps of OTL, etc.

Thanks mikegold and Monshter :)

while the TL is ok, you don't underestimate the skill of the British Navy, but anyway. There is a problems in North America area, the 1824 election, Jackson success and the social view of him as the man of the people would of still put him as a Nominee in 24, a election which caused Jackson to hate Clay and view him as a traitor. It also caused him to prepare for 4 years for the 28 election.

Edit: also you never dealt with Napoleon's Spanish Ulcer, the government of spain may of like Napoleon, but they could never put down the rebels completely. Even if he won the war, I am sure Spain would of been a problem for many years after.

Next problem, The US Government giving the state of Texas to the Native Population. The only reason we sent them to Oklahoma was because it was considered useless land at the time. Texas as far from considered useless, and it could be said the US had been working since 1812 to bring Texas into the Union. Also even if they allow it, I am sure the Hispanic population of Texas and the Native population, along with settlers would of not gotten along well, and before long the Native American population would of been driven out, unless the US army was going to guard them, which was not going to happen.

Last edited:
Sonicwind123:

Jackson is still active duty in this TL in the mid 1820's.

Zach:

The last post does raise a good question, how did Napoleon crush the resistance in Spain or did it not rise up as in OTL?