Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
El mappo.

I've lost the bigger version of the map, but maybe you can make out the emerald outline of Ireland and the white one of the Rio Grande Republic that signifies them as being protectorates of the US and the UK respectively. ( same with Cuba, Yucatan, etc.)
Kopia (3) av 1935withrivers.png

Kopia (3) av 1935withrivers.png

El mappo.

I've lost the bigger version of the map, but maybe you can make out the emerald outline of Ireland and the white one of the Rio Grande Republic that signifies them as being protectorates of the US and the UK respectively. ( same with Cuba, Yucatan, etc.)
View attachment 124608
Time period? Im curious its a good map if a little blurry to me but im old so it could be my eyes

40_years_post_revolution_by_edthomasten-d35l91p.jpg

A map from a branched TL to my previous American effort, where things have gone rather differently.

Once agian, it is 1876; in 1774, the Galloway Plan is adopted by the First Continental Congress, and what in our timeline became the USA remains part of the British Empire. But soon both America, and the Home Islands, begin to seethe with discontent under the rule of the despotic King Augustus, and finally in 1836 revolution breaks out on both sides of the Atlantic.

Three men become the founders of their respective nations; in New England, Henry Clay routs the Royalists and joins up with his Chartist brothers in Britain to form a new Republic based on Religious Liberty and Freedom. Virginian Daniel Webster decides to lead the middle colonies on their own course, free from overseas influence. And in the South, diehard Royalist John Calhoun welcomes the exiled King to Charleston and plots to expand the institution of slavery across the American continent...

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm here- happy Christmas everyone...

A map from a branched TL to my previous American effort, where things have gone rather differently.

Once agian, it is 1876; in 1774, the Galloway Plan is adopted by the First Continental Congress, and what in our timeline became the USA remains part of the British Empire. But soon both America, and the Home Islands, begin to seethe with discontent under the rule of the despotic King Augustus, and finally in 1836 revolution breaks out on both sides of the Atlantic.

Three men become the founders of their respective nations; in New England, Henry Clay routs the Royalists and joins up with his Chartist brothers in Britain to form a new Republic based on Religious Liberty and Freedom. Virginian Daniel Webster decides to lead the middle colonies on their own course, free from overseas influence. And in the South, diehard Royalist John Calhoun welcomes the exiled King to Charleston and plots to expand the institution of slavery across the American continent...

Absolutely gorgeous map, interesting scenario, and I quite like the flags. One criticism though, while the map lists the countries in the key it doesn't give you any way to directly identify them. You have to infer which country is which. While the explanatory paragraphs you provide help clear up the matter they aren't officially part of the map, correct? In that case I would suggest a small bar of each countries respective highlight color under its name.

Couple questions: How did Columbia's capital end up in Arkham? And is Providence the capital of the entire United Republics? Or just the north american half of it?

Really loving this map..........and a despotic slaveholding monarchy? I've always wanted to try that{but not in the Americas........I was thinking more along the lines of South Africa or perhaps Colombia}! Anyway, here's hoping the United Republics and Columbia hold out. :D

Last edited:
My Dear Ludwig,​
If you are reading this, then I have have been branded as a counter-revolutionary and have fled the country. The odds are good you are next. I know you had planned to go to Switzerland if you were ever targeted by the Corrections Burro, but I can tell you Switzerland is not far enough. The only places in Europe that they have no presence are places you would not be welcomed. The Romanians would deport you the instant you crossed the border, and to many Slavs will suspect you of being a spy for you to find work. The various governments in the middle east are very suspicious of foreigners, you can thank our Prime-Ministers efforts to export the revolution to that. I would avoid India if I were you, the various powers there are preparing for another major war. You would stand out to much in east asia, so if an agent of the Corrections Burro tries to follow you there you will be to easy to find.
I know you don’t want to hear this, but the Americas are the safest place for you to flee to. I know you think the Colombians are the worst sort of criminal, and I know you think the Yanks are nothing but robber barons. However, both nations have a large enough immigrant community for you to hide in, and it will be easy for you to find an occupation that will last until the party regains some form of sanity.
I do not know if I will see you again. I hope that I will, and that It will be on better terms then our last meeting. If we don’t meet again, know that wherever you go, I wish you luck.​
Your Friend,
Lucas Schmid.​

A map based on a map I found elsewhere in this thread, I thought I'd play around with it. Here are the results. Opinions?

0wnmap.png

Those Southern divisions are notoriously similar to those on my recent map (except for Louisiana and the Carolinas). Is this a coincidence, or have things gone completely backwards?

Faeelin

Banned
Gorgeous, Ed. Though I think the Kingdom would expand south into Mexico as well as west into sonora. The environment is much better suited to plantation agriculture. (And no Yucatan? Really?)

Please don't quote maps.

Sorry about that, didn'r quite realize that until now.......my apologies. :eek:

@Venusian Si: Well, you know, I've seen a few other people doing it, and I've only done it a few times, but why am I the only one being complained about? Damn, at least try to be consistent!

@Sift Green: Loving these maps of yours.

@Venusian Si: Well, you know, I've seen a few other people doing it, and I've only done it a few times, but why am I the only one being complained about? Damn, at least try to be consistent!

They get told the same thing, and because you've done it the last several pages and had many of us tell you not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.