Map Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

m2thet5678

Banned
All right, all right, euio, you win. I was saving this Peshawar Lancers adaptation until Map Thread 4, but I decided to put it up now because you asked nicely.

But I reserve the right to repost one of my long-forgotten Cyberpunk maps to start off thread 4.

PL Real.jpg

All right, all right, euio, you win. I was saving this Peshawar Lancers adaptation until Map Thread 4, but I decided to put it up now because you asked nicely.

But I reserve the right to repost one of my long-forgotten Cyberpunk maps to start off thread 4.

incredible. i wanted to see the cyber-punk over the peshawar...
but, my significance is minimal compared to vowels.

Hapsburg

Banned
Europe, December 25 1840.
The Napoleonic Wars ended with the defeat of Napoleon and his allies, including the Ottoman Empire. The French Emperor committed suicide on the way to Elba, shooting himself in the head with a pistol. His young son, Napoleon Francois, was acclaimed as Emperor of the French, while Maria Louise of Austria was made Regent Plenipotentiary. The Alliance reneged on their promise to the French Bourbons, who went into exile in Spain and the Two Sicilies, never to achieve power again. France remained an Empire, but under the diplomatic influence, and de facto control, of Austria.

The negotiations at Vienna lasted throughout late 1814 and into the spring of 1815. Finally, a settlement was reached which re-established the Holy Roman Empire, with Emperor Franz of Austria taking the title, in exchange for him dropping the Austrian Imperial style in exchange for a royal one. The new Empire was streamlined greatly, and broad territorial changes were made. Prussia annexed Saxony in exchange for allowing Russia to possess Poland, while the Netherlands occupied the Rhineland and Westphalia, forming a potent new state on the border of France. All of Prussia, Austria, and Austrian-influenced Italy were placed under the titular authority of the new HRE. The Reichstag was redefined, with no theocratic entities, and all 48 member states given a vote in the unicameral body.
No special Electors; no voice unheard.
Though Britain and Russia disagreed with this new arrangement, they were outvoted by the German and Italian states, and France and Spain. Much Austria's chagrin, however, Switzerland retained her unity and independence as a sovereign federal state, free from Imperial entanglements.

The last issue settled was the Ottoman Empire. First, the Levant, a territory occupied by Egyptian, British, Sardinian, and German forces, was partitioned. Britain and Sardinia received parts of Phoenicia and Palestine, Egypt was given the Sinai and Gaza, Russia was given parts of Northern Phoenicia, and Austria was given Southern Palestine, and it was integrated into his crown as the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Russia occupied Moldavia as an autonomous state, while Austria annexed the Adriatic Coast of the Ottoman Empire. As a counterweight, a sliver of land occupied by Albanian rebels was sanctioned with independence, as the Principality of Albania.

The Concert of Europe lasted and was maintained for many years, with a cold peace keeping war at bay. The only major dissonance was the 1821-1831 Greek War of Independence, which ended with a broken but independent Greece. The Kingdom of the Hellenes was established with Leopold of Saxe-Coburg as Leo VII, centred in Morea with its capital on a rebuilt Mycenae. The Hellenic Republic, centred on Athens, became a democratic state and a hotbed of radical activity. Finally, the Aegean Federation was founded by the Republic of Delos, the Republic of Crete, the Republic of Rhodes, the Dodecanese Republic, and the Republic of Smyrna as constituent states in a federal republic based on the American system.

In late 1834, Francis II, Holy Roman Emperor and King of Austria died, creating a crisis in Germany. His mentally incompetent son ascended to the Austrian throne by right of heredity, but lost the Imperial Election. Instead, King Ludwig I of Bavaria was elected Emperor, based on his more unionist leanings and competence of mind. He was crowned Louis V, Holy Roman Emperor.
The Austrian Chancellor Clement von Metternich saw this as a potential disruption of Austrian hegemony, and publicly called the election a sham, and prodded King Ferdinand into declaring war on Bavaria and claiming the Imperial Crown.

The 1834-1837 War of the Imperial Succession was a chaotic civil war throughout the Empire that saw the downfall of Bavarian sovereignty and the re-establishment of Austrian hegemony, though at a painful cost.
Bavaria was made a dependent state to Austria, tied into "perpetual alliance", and Ludwig was forced to surrender the Imperial Crown to Ferdinand of Austria, crowned as Ferdinand IV, Holy Roman Emperor. Metternich became the de facto ruler through Ferdinand.
However, conflict rose again, this time in the Netherlands. In 1839, after years of small riots, the Catholics from Flanders, Wallonia, the Rhineland, and Westphalia joined in a rebellion for their religious liberty, long constricted by the staunchly Calvinist Dutch monarchs. As Christmas of 1840 draws to a close, the Belgian of Liberation continues.

Europe 1840.png

My latest Look to the West map:

great

The Trinity test does not go as planned...

aaaaah!

All right: I'm going to try and post the map that VulcanTrekkie had the idea for now...

And it worked! Maybe the server was just slow yesterday.

Oh yeah, and I finished my Peshawar Lancer's map, but I'm hoarding it so that I can start off Map Thread 4 with it.:p

very nice

A slightly colder world results in the Roman Empire being partitioned into four parts,

very cool

Europe 1650

Okay, here is a map I just finished - haven't posted one in a while :p

Not great, I know. It was just an experimentation with vectors and such.

very nice

Here's my map. Something along the lines of unions between european nations getting out of hand.

:eek:

very nice

Germany 1789

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

A slightly colder world results in the Roman Empire being partitioned into four parts, two of which survive into the 10th century AD. By that time, the once-strong Frankish Kingdom is slowly falling apart, having recently been split into Franken, Gothia and Lothringen, and lost the huge duchy of Normanen to a viking invasion.

Colour key: red/violet/orange - slavic countries (i.e. a slavic dynasty is ruling it, the population is not necessarily slavic);
yellow / orange - latin countries (Eastern Roman Empire and Crimean Rus are a mix of latin and slavic);
green - gaellic;
blue - scandinavian (which are a mix of germanic and finnic peoples);
brown - germanic

Edit: old version (without the name-and-date thing) is here.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Europe 1650

Drool...

The Holy Roman Empire of the Italian Nation (Catholic):p

:D

North America 1880

Woo-hoo! :D

Okay, here is a map I just finished - haven't posted one in a while :p

Not great, I know. It was just an experimentation with vectors and such.

:cool:

Here's my map. Something along the lines of unions between european nations getting out of hand.

Ultra-drool

No Franco-Ottoman Dual Monarchy?:p

I did one once... ;)

You know what confusion of styles this would be?

His Most Christian Majesty, the Caliph?:eek:

:D

Coolness...

:D:cool:

Europe, December 25 1840.

Ultra-drool again... :cool::cool::cool:

Weird... Germany seems to have lost a war against France, and AH lost Transylvania to Romania. But they didn't lose anything else, which strikes me as odd. The fragmentation of Russia isn't so surprising though, that was bound to happen sooner or later.

Odd indeed, though also intriguing. The German, Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman empires still exist - with the exception of Alsace-Lorraine, Germany and Austro-Hungary appear to have their 1914 borders.

Further east, there's a great crowd of nations now independent of a still-Tsarist (or at least non-Communist) Russia, among which are a Ukraine without the notably culturally and linguistically Russian eastern region (at least the Beeb tells me it is), and a Belorussia that looks plumper than its OTL equivalent.

And finally, as a Brit I notice there's been no partition of Ireland.

As I said, I'm intrigued :)

Shorter war, more beace treatys, no communist cames on power in 1917, Ottoman Empire not join war and British managed to hold on Ireland.

What's the state along the St. Lawrence?

I just found an old, partially finished version of a prettified map of my FH TL that I dug up and finished.

fh map fiinal2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.