Map Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre thinking too British, too straight for the HREGN :D

Nobody would call it the "Hohenzollern domains". Nobody did IOTL, either, even when Brandenburg-Prussia already had incoproated Pommerania, magdeburg, etc etc etc. Or th Landgraviate of Hesse-Kassel - nevermind that it also has included in its territory the Counties of Ziegenhain, Katzenelnbogen and Schaumburg, its still the Landgraviate of Hesse-Kassel, and not the "Domains of the House Hesse-Kassel".

Its ruled by the Margrave of Brandenburg (which is, due to teh electoral title conencted with that, the senior title), hence its the Margraviate of Brandenburg. You can of course then differ between Brandenburg proper and the other territories, but its also the collctive name. Thoug, it would probably be rather called Electorate of Brandenburg - even while its "Margrave of Brandenburg, Elector of the Holy Roman Empire", when short titles were used that was usually contracted to Elector of Brandenburg.
All-righty.

But were the Habsburg domains really reffered to as the Archduchy of Austria?!:eek:

Susano

Banned
All-righty.

But were the Habsburg domains really reffered to as the Archduchy of Austria?!:eek:

No, as said, they are a special case. They are referred to as Austria because that is the Habsburg original, heridtary lands (which also is why all Habsburg members bear the title of Archduke of Austria). However, their royal titles way rank the archducial title of course. That little problem is solved by that the Austria monarch is usually Emperor, which ranks the royal title.

So its a bit shizophrenic in this case: The realm is just referred to as Austria, and the ruler just as "the (Holy Roman) Emperor". On maps that problem is usually solved by naming every Habsburg land single, or at least the most important ones. Which Valdemar tried, but "Archduchy of Austria" going over all the heridtary lands and Bavaria was maybe a bit much...

Valdemar II

Banned
North America 1880

German Texas.PNG

Highlander

Banned
Okay, here is a map I just finished - haven't posted one in a while :p

Not great, I know. It was just an experimentation with vectors and such.

NA 1.png

Wow, I wonder how long the Swedish-Lithuanian Commonwealth can stay in existence for very long with such a funny shape :D

:D The Timeline with the longest names.

I shudder to think what will happen when state's arise with more modern/totalitarian ideologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.