Was Yeager justified?

Well, was he?

• Total voters
No they aren't. They are aliens.

Hmmm.

peo·ple
   [pee-puhl] noun
persons indefinitely or collectively; persons in general: to find it easy to talk to people; What will people think?
persons, whether men, women, or children, considered as numerable individuals forming a group: Twenty people volunteered to help.
human beings, as distinguished from animals or other beings.
the entire body of persons who constitute a community, tribe, nation, or other group by virtue of a common culture, history, religion, or the like: the people of Australia; the Jewish people.
the persons of any particular group, company, or number (sometimes used in combination): the people of a parish; educated people; salespeople.

I think every point but 3 says members of the Race count as "people."

JSmith

Banned
Then they are sentient beings. They are not people. Only humans are people.
Right.If humanity is ever lucky enough to encounter alien beings I fear that this attitude,which will no doubt be widespread,will poison the encounter.

Coming in a bit late, but IMO Yeager did the right thing, though only because it was unsuspecting (cold sleep) civilians who got killed, if the attack had been against a garrison set up by the Conquest Fleet I would probably have called it justified.

Coming in a bit late, but IMO Yeager did the right thing, though only because it was unsuspecting (cold sleep) civilians who got killed, if the attack had been against a garrison set up by the Conquest Fleet I would probably have called it justified.

Bear in mind that Yeager's doing the "right thing" could have led to the extinction of humanity.

JSmith

Banned
Not really, both treated genocide as a policy option, and at least the Nazis are human.
Maybe the Race considered it because they had the ability to do it and like humans they aren't perfect .But the difference between them and the human Nazis is that they didnt try and do it.

JSmith

Banned
Coming in a bit late, but IMO Yeager did the right thing, though only because it was unsuspecting (cold sleep) civilians who got killed, .
They weren't people though just aliens and remember there were plenty more of them :rolleyes:

JSmith, in case you were still wondering, I've decided to stop simply being devil's advocate and sided against Yeager. Though Warren's actions were not justified, Yeager's life wasn't worth the rest of humanity, and Sam should have known that.

JSmith

Banned
JSmith, in case you were still wondering, I've decided to stop simply being devil's advocate and sided against Yeager. Though Warren's actions were not justified, Yeager's life wasn't worth the rest of humanity, and Sam should have known that.
I can respect that point my issue is more with those who think Warren was doing the Lords work-thats pretty insane IMO.

Maybe the Race considered it because they had the ability to do it and like humans they aren't perfect .But the difference between them and the human Nazis is that they didnt try and do it.

Remember that the Nazis didn't initially want to exterminate the Jews, they would rather have deported them. Genocide was seen as the final solution to the 'Jewish problem'. If the Race hadn't had any other option other than accepting defeat and leaving humanity alone, they would have carried out their own 'final solution'.

Remember that the Nazis didn't initially want to exterminate the Jews, they would rather have deported them. Genocide was seen as the final solution to the 'Jewish problem'. If the Race hadn't had any other option other than accepting defeat and leaving humanity alone, they would have carried out their own 'final solution'.

So the Nazis and the Race are equally as bad?