Zionist Kill Churchill in 1944

Japhy

Banned
Well first off, who takes over the Wartime Coalition? Atlee? A Conserivitive? Jan Smuts? (Oddly enough its been mentioned that Churchill liked the idea of that one...) Does the wartime coalition hold until VE Day? Is there a mid-war election?

With Churchill as the martyred Saint the Conservatives can do better winning any wartime or post war election but then again depending on who they put up for their new Leader they can still lose to Labour. Whichever parties incharge in 1945-1948 will of course have a major impact on the specifics of what happens in Palestine.

That said some generalities that are going to happen no matter who's PM:

The Jewish Brigade isn't going to see combat, besides the Fact that Winston was the man who pushed for it most, the loyalty of the troops in it will be suspect, delaying their deployment if only for a few months means they miss the war, and they probably will never have their experience of setting up escape lines, stealing weapons and operating a vengeance squad in the former Reich. Longer term, the Haganah loses their combat experience and the IDF's first cadres of NCO's dont have nazi killing under their belts.

The Jewish Agency is going to have some explaining to do and no one in London will like the answers, they're going really face a hell of alot of crap more then they did IOTL. Any Winks and Nudges help they were getting unsanctioned or unofficially between 1945 and 1947 will be cut off. They will lose credibility because they couldn't control 'Their people' and while the Stern Gang is going to be gone after with a vengeance, smaller more radical and reactionary groups are going to splinter the Haganah

Britain will be less reluctant to evacuate Palestine, prehaps preventing the Mandatory Civil War period or, turning that into a bigger fight. Every act of Zionist Terror (Something like though probably not the same bombing of the King David Hotel) will result in further crackdowns. Belvingrad will seem nice in comparison. The British will be until they depart (Either recognizing a Unitary State or trying to hand the mandate off to the UN) be an active third force in the leadup to 1948, with the wink-nudge relationship of 1936-39 reversed from supporting moderate Zionists to supporting Moderate Palestinians. If wartime events like IDF Me-109's engage RAF Spits like IOTL there will be calls in Britain for further action after the pull out.

It wouldn't change the war effort much unless they picked a new date for attacking Normandy causing much more trouble getting a foothold and lets say the new PM was hard core anti-Communist to the extent he might consider a side deal with the German generals in the West against both Hitler and Stalin. Otherwise in terms of the war effort it would end the same.

I suspect if Churchill was really killed by a Jew then you would have seen alot less propagada videos and photos of the death camps taken and used by the Anglo-American allies in the mid to late 40s. Word would get out about what happened and the Final Solution would still end up becoming a huge deal historically, but not in the same way it did immediately after the war as in the origional timeline.

Attlee was Deputy PM but that didn't (and doesn't, just ask Nick Clegg) necessarily mean he would take over if Churchill went down. I think Eden is a more likely choice as the Tories still had a large majority of the Coalition seats. Attlee might run the show for a few hours/days, but I think everyone, him included, would want him back in the backrooms where he was so well-placed as an administrator and organiser. Eden, with his foreign policy experience, would be perfect in the PM role, particularly as the end-of-war conferences loomed.

I don't know much about the British Mandate at this time but I think it would be fair to say British acquiescence towards, and, later, support for, Israel would be somewhat unlikely ITTL.

If this does result in a short-term delay of the Normandy Invasion, is the USSR the big winner from the assassination of Churchill? I suspect so.