Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire

3. Read Marshal and BgKnight's TL's.

(tsar gringo, Killer300, Bgknight, Amakan, Orville, Cylon, Halagaz, MWC, EC, Dan1988, Gian, Alpha...etc)

my-nigga-o.gif

never imagined I would be of any significance, thanks Pellegrino, truly you are a great lad. And this has been an amazing ride for all of us, not only myself, but it is all your doing, man.

Any chance you'll try and publish on the kindle store, or put it in the completed timelines section?

I do Ace, I plan on doing some edits and rewriting a few things early on in the TL and also adding a few new updates as well before I put it up on Kindle. Most likely in a month or so.

Pelligrino Shots I can't believe its over. I started reading this TL since May and I have to say this is the best TL ever. The thing is with it there is so many cliffhangers.

Like what will happen in the Balkans? You say militarized Croatioa is going to war with Serbia Krajina in 2006.

If Syria and Iraq are in civil war at the same time things could ugly and sectarian quick. Iran would get involved and Saudi Arabia.

What happens to Pakistan next? Will the west prop it up to prevent a case of loose nukes? Or will China prop it up?
What is next for Afghanistan?
What of the foreign ultranationalist volunteers that Big Z sent throughout the Balkans and Central Asia?
And I wonder what the future of Russia holds. What is its foreign policy under the mastermind Lebed.
Also if you plan any future spinoffs I can help with naything with on what a post war Haiti would look like. Any Pelligrino I think you need like a 6 month break from it all because this TL was a masterpice and is my favorite. I have to say my childhood was in the 90s early 2000s(born in 91). If these events happened many of here worldview would be totaly changed espcially with the Kososvo misslile crisis. I know for sure my life would be totaly different. Makes me wonder how I would have turned out. Makes me wonder how my fellow would millienials in this TL turn out.

Thank you Marcus! I appreciate your support! And I really appreciate your help with the Haiti updates. Although I hadn't planned on having Haiti featured in this TL, I was really happy with the end result. I learned a lot about Haiti when researching it thanks to you, and would love to go back someday to revist Haiti in this AH. ;)

As for your questions, I did have a few articles written about the Croatian-UIS war of 2006 that I didn't have room for. I may put those in the deleted scenes that will be posted later.

We could do a Balkan spinoff about the aftermath of Zhirinovsky's fall and its effects on the Balkans. Here are some ideas that I may have:

- Independence of Kosovo and Montenegro from UIS Republic of Yugoslavia and its devolution to Serbia that keeps Republika Srpska and Krajina.

- Some unfinished business between the Albanian separatists in Macedonia against the Macedonian government (if this happens at all).

- What is happening in Croatia after 2002? We know that Lebed has a role in a Croatian-UIS war.

- What is Greece up to in this time period? Does Golden Dawn still gain popularity?

- Most importantly, how is Turkey responding to the shenanigans that the UIS have made?

Deleted member 14881

I have a what if for you Pellegrino What if Turkmenistan and Armenia was still part of the UIS?

I started reading this back in July of 2012, and this has always been on my list of "It just updated! Stop everything I'm doing in life or at work and read it right now!!" stories. :D

I have learned soooooo much about OTL Russia, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the 1990s in general from this TL. That's what I love most about AH.com; learning so many juicy tidbits about the world from experts like PellegrinoShots. Thank You for making me a bit more knowledgeable about the world.

I think ultimately my favorite bits were:

The Embassy Crisis drama and The Righteous General. I have never so much wanted to see a film that doesn't exist!!

The vignette about the Serbian teenage soldier who rescues his girlfriend and several strangers from the stadium killing ground during the Rape of Sarajevo. I was so hooked I found myself holding my breath.

The President coming on the Jumbotron at the NBA Finals announcing USA and UIS troops were fighting in the Kosovo Missile Crisis. The brilliant originality of that scene of the game suddenly stopping as the spectators suddenly and quietly left to find their families.

The Water Revolution and Republic of Dubai. That Hindu state in the Gulf is one of the most original thing I have ever seen in AH. You really stretched the bounds of plausibility with it, but sold the story so well it had me wondering why it hasn't actually happened in the region.

Thank you Cylon! And I must admit, I learned a lot as well as I researched this TL. I never knew much about Haiti, the Philippines, and dozens of other subjects that I read up on as part of this TL. It has been an amazing ride for me as well, and one that I really enjoyed.

And I must admit, The Righteous General and the Moscow Taxi service were two of my favorite updates as well. Although I must admit, I also really liked the Water Revolution, even though I almost dropped it out of this TL for being a bit too close to ASB. :)

It was great to help out on such an amazing timeline! This work is really among the magna opera of the genre.
As for the solving so many cliffhangers and using up those spare ideas, might I suggest an older model akin to "Tales from Decades of Darkness" or "The World of Fight and Be Right?"

Having JFK Jr. elected to succeed Kerry in 2004 also works pretty well. Or Romney in 2006, come to that. Just cutting a Teddy swan song out entirely. ...Hmm, what if Romney lost in 2006 to Kennedy by a landslide (think OTL Santorum) and then became seen as a Santorum-like fringe candidate in the 2012 primaries, only for his embrace of the right to pay off even better than the OTL Santorum's hard stumping in Iowa did! :eek: Then the 2012 election would be a rematch of 2006! :cool: Romney would also be able to be seen as a flip-flipper a lot easier than OTL, since he will have taken way more liberal positions in a race against the same person just six years previously! I could see this alienating both conservatives and independents.

I like that "World of Zhirinovsky's Russian Empire" thread idea. I may create a new thread for that since it might be considered necroing this thread if too much time has passed.

And that is an interesting idea, the Romney as Santorum angle. I think that JFK Jr. would be almost unstoppable in MA, even against a popular incumbent like Romney. Although I could also see Romney (seeing the writing on the walls) deciding not to run once Kennedy threw his hat in the race.

OK, I threw together a quick UIS circa 2003 map. Note that Armenia and Turkmenistan are still part of the UIS in this map, but it is strongly implied that Turkmenistan is independent in some form, and it is confirmed that Armenia is independent shortly after the fall of Zhirinovsky.

UIS in BLUE

Disputed borders in RED

Generally unrecognized nations in BROWN

Nations with recognized border changes in YELLOW

Nations that are allied, or have neutral-positive relations with the UIS in PINK

uismap_zps3ac1a44a.png

How'd things turn out for ol' Tony? He seems to have a better legacy in this TL... A fourth term for Tony Blair (1997-2012?)

I think it went a little better for Blair in this TL, although he is plauged by accusations that his "fingerprints" were all over the Crawford Accord, it doesn't sink his career like it does Bush and Chirac (hence the name Telfon Tony).

But we do know that by 2013 Conservative David Davis is PM, so at some point between 2003 and 2013 the Labour Party does end up losing the election.

Deleted member 67076

What an absolutely wonderful ending. It's been such a pleasure to read this.

OK, I threw together a quick UIS circa 2003 map. Note that Armenia and Turkmenistan are still part of the UIS in this map, but it is strongly implied that Turkmenistan is independent in some form, and it is confirmed that Armenia is independent shortly after the fall of Zhirinovsky.

Wait I thought Moussad's Tajikistan only included Gorno-Badakhshan and probably Dushanbe (I believe Lebed made grumblings about how he was about to lose the region around the capital) but with Lebed activly opposing him could he really take Sughd Province what with it awkwardly jammed between two other republics and all?

Wait I thought Moussad's Tajikistan only included Gorno-Badakhshan and probably Dushanbe (I believe Lebed made grumblings about how he was about to lose the region around the capital) but with Lebed activly opposing him could he really take Sughd Province what with it awkwardly jammed between two other republics and all?

Yes, you are right, I put that in a little too soon. Those are the implied borders of Tajikistan under Massoud circa 2012 (from the Prelude) and not the borders of Tajikistan circa 2003. Right now Tajikistan is sort of split in two, and the Tajik Republic of Northern Afghanistan is still a seperate legal entity.