Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Here are a few ones specific to Nickelodeon. In general, most of my western Animation ideas are the same as those of @CountDVB. That is beyond several changes at Disney, and McCracken making Wander Over Yonder at Cartoon Network due to CN Real being butterflied.
  • Doug remains on Nickelodeon.
  • Regular Spongebob episodes end after the fourth season. But many longer episodes like Atlantis Squarepantis are better written and serve as specials until Stephen Hillenberg returns in 2012.
  • Manyof the latter shows like Breadwinners do not get made.
  • Chris Savino, creator of The Loud House, realizes the error of his womanizing ways after my spin on the John Krikfalusi debacle featured in @OldNavy1988's American Magic TL. That said, the main difference is that this happens at OTL's studio Spumco.
    • Before coming to Nick, Chris creates Foe Paws as a show on Cartoon Network. Having gone there instead after the John K incidents, and staying at CN as he realizes the error of his ways.
    • Also, the characters are designed in matter more akin to the Deviantart user Jmdoodle.

Last edited:
Here are a few regarding Muppet productions, but mainly Sesame Street.
  • Jim Henson living longer allows for him to be a key member of Disney during my TL's Disney Twilight Era (The films that were released or otherwise greenlighted between 1980 and Walt's death in 1993). Which means most of the films from @OldNavy1988's TL, except without the Star Wars films [1], and with The Secret of Nimh, Cats, Starlight Express, The Land Before Time, All Dogs to Heaven, and Phantom of the Opera.
  • All the Muppet Crew members live longer than OTL through these factors...
    • Jim Henson discovers signs of his pneumonia earlier than OTL. Giving him enough time to take the measures necessary to avoid dying in the 90s.
    • Richard Hunt does not contract AIDs, nor does Eren Ozakar.
  • There are a few Super Mario Bros. educational skits on Sesame Street. While Charles Martinet reprises his role as Mario, Luigi is voiced by Rob Paulsen. Princess Peach is voiced by Jodi Benson, Toad by Wayne Allwine, Yoshi by Jess Harnell, and Bowser by Jim Cummings,
  • The Muppet Show has a few animated sketches animated by among others, Don Bluth (mind you he stays at Disney in my TL), Chuck Jones, and the Nine Old Men. Largley similar to those on Sesame Street but not necessarily educational.
  • Sesame Street retains most of its classic aesthetic. But also modernizes it from time to time and does not become overly kiddy.
  • Animated sketches on Sesame Street are still the norm.
  • Jim Henson and Britt Alcroft make an agreement for there to be short education Thomas the Tank Engine skits on Sesame Street.
[1] As I mentioned before, they're still live action. But are Disney IPs from the start and so better handled with George Lucas.

Off the top of my head:

-Instead of Last Action Hero, John McTiernan works on an earlier version of The Expendables, with the best of the best of 80s and 90s action in their prime. The last list is a thing of beauty - Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Willis in their prime, alongside Jackie Chan and Eddie Murphy rounding out the heroes, Dolph Lundgren, Jeane Claude Van Damme and Jeremy Irons as the villains, and cameos from Clint Eastwood and Charleton Heston. It features impressive practical effects, jaw-dropping fight scenes and gunplay, and a 40-minute explosive third act that literally ends with the largest movie explosion in history. It launches a successful franchise that grows into the All-Star Game of the action genre, and keeps 80s style action movies in vogue to this very day.

-Brandon Lee and Bruce Lee both live long, full lives, with wildly successful and influential careers. Brandon, most recently playing Goku in a successful DBZ film franchise, has been happily married to his wife Eliza for over 20 years, and there is some hope one or more of his kids will carry on the next generation of the Lee family.

-Creed was nominated for multiple Oscars, and won 5, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Actor for Michael B. Jordan, and Best Supporting Actor for Sylvester Stallone.

-My god, so many Oscars to change. Saving Private Ryan beat Shakespeare in Love, Eastwood won for Gran Torino, Rooney Mara won for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Lord of the Rings won best picture all thee years, the list goes on.

-Kurt Cobain does not die, and Nirvana thrives and continues releasing albums to this day.

-Sabaton is the world's most popular metal band.

-Twilight, 50 Shades and all the works they both inspired were never made.

-For that matter, so much formuliac Oscar Bait that nobody watched ever again a week after the ceremony, like Boyhood, The King's Speech, La La Land, Beasts of the Southern Wild? Oh, they all happened, but they all tanked at the box office, critics (other than me) trashed them, and nobody at the Acadamy paid them a second of attention.

-The 15:17 to Paris got a better release date, and had American Sniper levels of box office success.

-Marcus Lutrell played himself in a much better and much more successful version of Lone Survivor.

-War movies, in general, are much better in Hollywood - most notably, Spielberg's adaptation of Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk is regarded as the best war movie since Saving Private Ryan.

-Robert Howard does not commit suicide at the age of 30, but lives another 50 very productive years, and is widely seen to American fantasy what Tolkien is to British fantasy.

-The whole Hugo Awards fiasco a few years back does not occur, splitting speculative fiction along political/publisher lines. The last few Hugo Awards have seen a friendly rivalry between NK Jemison's Forgotten Earth and Larry Correia's Forgotten Warrior Saga.

-George RR Martin finished ASOIAF, and Patrick Rothfuss completed the Kingkiller Chronicles. The finales were both wonderful and satisfying.

-Nintendo never stabs Sony in the back, thus, we get something similar to the RPO TL's gaming culture - a few small changes. Fire Emblem has been a top tier Nintendo franchise in America since the 90s. Golden Sun has been a much more popular series than OTL.

-DC Comcis' Lobo, rather than Marvel's Deadpool, is pop culture's favorite hyper-violent fourth wall breaking antihero.

-A lot of the stuff from the 90s that tossed out with editorial change at DC comics in the 2000s ITTL instead, is in effect to this day. Wally West is still the Flash. Kyle Raynor and John Stewart are the only two Green Lanterns, with Guy Gardner still Warrior. Barry Allen, Hal Jordan and Jason Todd are all still dead. Popular 90s characters like Starman, Lobo, Resurrection Man, Steel, and the various Milestone characters like Icon and Static, are all still major players in the DC Comcis universe. Superman has been happily married to Lois for years, lil' Jon Kent is Superboy. Batman, upon finding out he fathered a son with Talia al Ghoul, marries her - Damien is Robin, and Ra'as al Ghoul has transitioned from an outright villain to a member of the Bat family. The growth we see in many younger heroes in the 90s, like Nightwing or Wally taking over as Flash, has continued - a big event a few years back had Nightwing marry Starfire, and they just had their first child, a daughter affectionately dubbed Nightfire.

-There is a thriving DC Cinematic Universe, overseen by Bruce Timm and Paul Dini. John Hamm plays Superman, Karl Urban plays Batman, Evangeline Lily plays Wonder Woman, Nikolaj Coster Waldau plays Aquaman, Ryan Reynolds plays the Flash, and Anthony Mackie plays the Green Lantern.

-While I'm wishing, I'm a nationally renowned film critic and columnist, and successful NYT bestselling author of speculative fiction. A movie adaptation of my ITTL completed Communist Confederacy spy novel is in production, starring Michael B. Jordan as Malcolm Little.

-Nintendo never stabs Sony in the back, thus, we get something similar to the RPO TL's gaming culture - a few small changes. Fire Emblem has been a top tier Nintendo franchise in America since the 90s. Golden Sun has been a much more popular series than OTL.
New evidence show neither side love the other and would stab the other any time willingly...still depends and what RPO?

-Instead of Last Action Hero, John McTiernan works on an earlier version of The Expendables, with the best of the best of 80s and 90s action in their prime. The last list is a thing of beauty - Stallone, Schwarzenegger, and Willis in their prime, alongside Jackie Chan and Eddie Murphy rounding out the heroes, Dolph Lundgren, Jeane Claude Van Damme and Jeremy Irons as the villains, and cameos from Clint Eastwood and Charleton Heston. It features impressive practical effects, jaw-dropping fight scenes and gunplay, and a 40-minute explosive third act that literally ends with the largest movie explosion in history. It launches a successful franchise that grows into the All-Star Game of the action genre, and keeps 80s style action movies in vogue to this very day.

shut_up_and_take_my_money_by_gbrsou-d79erhs.jpg

New evidence show neither side love the other and would stab the other any time willingly...still depends and what RPO?

*laughs in nefarious plans*