Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Besides my TV screed upthread...

Jim Clark doesn't die & goes on to multiple championships.
Ayrton Senna doesn't die, ditto. (I could live with it if Schumi died in that skiing accident, tho.)
Dale Sr. doesn't die, ditto.
(I'd like to extend Richard's NASCAR career, but can't figure out how.:oops:)
Vuky doesn't die & wins 4 or 5 500s.
(I could happily see Adam Petty & Alan Kulwicki not die, either.)

Even Better if you can add Davey Allison doesn't die in addition to Dale Earnhardt, Alan Kulwicki, Adam Petty and maybe Clifford Allison.

Ayrton Senna doesn't die, ditto. (I could live with it if Schumi died in that skiing accident, tho.)

In the afterlife, I imagine Senna is a member of some social club that includes Buddy Holly, Marilyn Monroe, Joan of Arc, the Busby Babes, James Dean, Jimi Hendrix, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger...

In the afterlife, I imagine Senna is a member of some social club that includes Buddy Holly, Marilyn Monroe, Joan of Arc, the Busby Babes, James Dean, Jimi Hendrix, River Phoenix, Heath Ledger...
Amen. "Rock & Roll Heaven" nails it.

Wasn't there an SF story where Fangio, Clark, & other dead champions all got to race each other? That would be amazing to see.:cool::cool::cool:

I don't have a lot but here goes...

Daniel Craig leave James Bond role after Skyfall. Barbara Broccoli got fired. Spectre was never made and 007 series went into a second hiatus.

Fox pulled the plug on X-Men after the Wolverine spinoff tanked and went straight to Logan as the serie's finale. X-Men: The First class being produced and released by Disney as one of the launch titles of MCU.

AT&T wiggled out of the deal to buy both HBO and CNN as a packaged deal. AT&T got to keep HBO, but CNN went off air for good after 2016 US Presidential election coverage concluded.

The Beatles declared openly they will split after Abbey Road released and part ways on somewhat reasonable terms. Let It Be were treated as a compilation album by a studio for a quick cash.

Sinead O' Conner did not picked a fight with Pope John Paul 2nd.

Elvis Pressley escaped the clutch of the Colonel, married Anne Margarette, avoid the durg problems, and stuck around long enough to strike a friendship with the young boy singer from the band called Jackson 5...
The King and Elizabeth Taylor talked Michael Jackson out of Victory Tour. The Tour was canceled, the Jackson 5 disbanded, Joseph went to prison on fraud and child abuse charges, Janet Jackson began her solo career. Elvis died peacefully of old age without knowing how many lives he just saved.

Konami could not meet the deadline on Rumble Roses XX and the game missed the cut on being Xbox 360 launch title. Instead of throwing the game away, Konami put more work into the game with extra polishing. The resulting game was well recieved when it came out 1 year later. Enough for one more sequal with online spinoff still in business.

Command & Conquer series went into hiatus after C&C3: Tiberium Wars due to EA's internal politikings. Red Alert 3, Generals 2 and Timberium Twilight were canceled before the production begun.

Mass Effect won several acclaims and was massively popular but a financial flop. EA decided not to produce Mass Effect 2 and offload the franchise. Another publisher picked up the IP and Drew Karpyshyn was retained as the lead writer. The stories of Mass Effect 2 and 3 came out much better with most archs and plots wrapped up and proper ending to the franchise.

Kensukei Tanaka did not leave Kadokawa to become independent in 2015 and Kantai Collection remain fully owned by KDKW. After that, Kadokawa paid a huge lump sum to Tanaka for the IP and the work on the sequel began.

Kancolle Kai was released on PC instead of Vita in 2016 as a direct sequal of the original browser game, with Shinano, USS Enterprise and HMS King George V as reward kanmusus at the launch event.

Last edited:
I've already posted in here before, but I've thought of a few more.

- Star Wars 1313 is never canceled. The game would be released possibly around early 2015 for the Playstation 4, Xbox One, & PC. The game itself would be very close to the Uncharted series in terms of gameplay style, & would have a well received backstory. Possibly winning several awards.

- The "combat upgrade" & NGE (New Game Enhancements) for Star Wars Galaxies is never implemented. Becoming a Jedi in the game is a long & somewhat complicated process, but many players grow to like it. WOW would most likely still be released, siphoning off some players from SWG, but the game still goes strongly. Later on it is compared with EVE Online in terms of complexity, but with a very loyal playerbase. It may or may not go F2P.

- Silent Hills is never canceled. After P.T. being released as a teaser demo for Silent Hills itself, & becoming critically acclaimed, Silent Hills would have a somewhat long development process, but would be released for the Playstation 4 possibly sometime in 2016 or early 2017 at the latest. Silent Hills would deal with the protagonist's (Norman Reedus) mental health, past & current life struggles & how he arrived in the town of Silent Hill. Silent Hills would be lauded as possibly one of the best Silent Hill game in the series, tied with Silent Hill 2. Its praise would be directed towards the story, graphics, & its dark themes. Hideo Kojima & Guillermo del Toro would receive a lot of praise for their work. With Silent Hills becoming a great success, more interest in the Silent Hill franchise would follow shortly.

- A third game would be developed for the anime series, Cowboy Bebop. Its gameplay style would be very close to that of Red Dead Redemption 2, being very detailed & story rich. The story itself would be quite long, & would mainly be centered around Spike Spiegel. Players would be able to visit a majority, if not all the locations seen & mentioned in the series.

The BoBoBo anime had continued. Seriously, that shit had me rolling on the floor.

The BoBoBo sequel had been printed in English (and also dubbed).

A Pokemon series where Ash actually ages.

Just a brief note as I'm recovering from some trouble:

Al Pacino is cast as Congressman Francis "Frank" or "Frankenstein" Underwood (D-NJ) in the upcoming Netflix original series "House of Cards", which will run for seven seasons and two made for television movies.

@CountDVB

Tell me how this sounds as details for your alternate take on Color Splash...
  • Title: Paper Mario: Island of Many Colors
  • Characters:
    • Lori (The Red Shy Guy)
      • I prefer Shy Guys frankly...
    • Russell (The Orange Pokey)
    • Tie Huo (The Yellow Bombshell Bill)
    • Bella (The Green Spike)
    • Galileo (The Blue Penguin)
    • Agatha (The Purple Swooper)
  • Huey is present as Bowser's partner in the inter-chapter segments. Usually heckling Bowser for being stupid, a jackass, or both.

Heath Ledger didn't die, and Dark Knight Rises features Bane and Joker in a battle. I've always wondered what would happen if those two met.

Heath Ledger didn't die, and Dark Knight Rises features Bane and Joker in a battle. I've always wondered what would happen if those two met.
The Joker would win (he'd cheat of course) and I'm surprised the Joker never went after Bane in the comics after crippling Batman, considering the Joker always kind of had love/hate thing for Batman plus he should've been pist that someone besides himself had beaten Batman.

The Joker would win (he'd cheat of course) and I'm surprised the Joker never went after Bane in the comics after crippling Batman, considering the Joker always kind of had love/hate thing for Batman plus he should've been pist that someone besides himself had beaten Batman.

Well, let's compare the philosophies of the two:

Joker believes in chaos, and the idea that men are savage beasts hiding under a veneer of civilization.

Bane (and the League) believe poor places should be destroyed like they were wounded horses-a rather extreme form of urban renewal, if you ask me.

If the Joker got loose, how would he have reacted to Bane's scheme?

Well, let's compare the philosophies of the two:

Joker believes in chaos, and the idea that men are savage beasts hiding under a veneer of civilization.

Bane (and the League) believe poor places should be destroyed like they were wounded horses-a rather extreme form of urban renewal, if you ask me.

If the Joker got loose, how would he have reacted to Bane's scheme?
I think the Joker always approves of destruction but he wouldn't approve of Bane's reasoning, the Joker would think it was almost moral.
Almost moral.

I think the Joker always approves of destruction but he wouldn't approve of Bane's reasoning, the Joker would think it was almost moral.
Almost moral.

I think the Joker is kind of like a manic version of O'Brien: he does not merely seek to kill you, but to destroy your goals, destroy your hopes, destroy your pretensions and dreams.

The Joker could actually hurt Bane more then Batman did in their last fight: by tearing apart his ideals, and his beliefs.

"You're just a sad little boy looking for approval from someone who didn't give a damn about you," Joker said. "How sad do you have to be, just to blow up an entire city."

I think the Joker is kind of like a manic version of O'Brien: he does not merely seek to kill you, but to destroy your goals, destroy your hopes, destroy your pretensions and dreams.

The Joker could actually hurt Bane more then Batman did in their last fight: by tearing apart his ideals, and his beliefs.

"You're just a sad little boy looking for approval from someone who didn't give a damn about you," Joker said. "How sad do you have to be, just to blow up an entire city."
Totally agree.

Totally agree.

Now THAT would be interesting twist: the Joker being the one who saves Gotham. And not because he dislikes Bane, or because he finds his goals objectionable, but because he simply points out how much of a baby Bane really is underneath that muscle and cool mask.

Now THAT would be interesting twist: the Joker being the one who saves Gotham. And not because he dislikes Bane, or because he finds his goals objectionable, but because he simply points out how much of a baby Bane really is underneath that muscle and cool mask.
I could see that and it would've made for a cool movie or comicbook.

I been toying with the Idea that the Joker ends up being the worst threat then Bane and we get a ending closer to Miller Dark Knight Returns with the Joker willing to do almost everything to push the Batman over the edge, even if it means that the Joker has to kill himself to make it look like Batman is the Villain.