Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

To make things even crazier, Jack Valenti, the guy who created the movie rating system, is in the famous picture of Lyndon Johnson being sworn in.

WOW! He also apparently influenced things like copyright legislation. He kind of does feel like the obscure and shady figure with more influence on society than anyone suspects. However, according to Wikipedia, he blasted Oliver Stone for his JFK movie, thinking LBJ was an intelligent man who didn't deserve such bashing, so I think he would be offended if you accused him of being part of some deep state.

4) ADV survives,
Cool. How does it survive?
with ANN managing to become a premium cable channel that sticks.
Really? How does Anime Network manage to stick? They'd have to revamp the thing and make it a joint venture and actually get it on some real cable/satellite operators.
Instead of Anime Fandom rising to heights 1997-2007ish before mostly collapsing outside of the nerdier bits of the net until the mid-late 2010s the Old Fandom survives.
I thought the Old Fandom kinda just stayed and co-existed alongside the New Fandom....
Cultural norms in online anime fandom are more 2000s.
Really? How?
Yeah, sooner or later ITTL Viacom is going to bite off more than it can chew, and when that happens... well, all I'll say is that while Viacom's subsidiaries IOTL are likely to make it out mostly unscathed,
Really?
Viacom's continued existence as a corporate conglomerate ITTL is on very shaky ground.
Holy crap, something BIG must have happened.
Hanna-Barbera (as part of MGM ITTL), 4Kids Entertainment (due to laxer censorship/localization standards for TV they don't have the bad reputation OTL's 4Kids got), Sega (will still be involved in the console wars in some capacity up to at least the 7th generation), Atari (the Video Game Crash of 1983 is averted ITTL, so Atari lasts long enough to get into a 3-way console war between itself, Nintendo, and Sega come the 4th generation), EC Comics (still publishing comics up into at least the 1990s thanks to the Comics Code getting butterflied), and possibly some others depending on how things go with my timeline.
Also, how does Atari and Sega survive and what does EC Comics do to keep themselves afloat?
I know, right? I do wonder if it'll still be retooled as Family Guy or if it'll remain Larry and Steve if it airs as an Adult Swim original ITTL.

More or less.

Indeed it is!

IIRC OTL's Cartoon Network Invaded was already in development back in 2006, so that explanation makes sense.

I'm not 100% sure ratings-wise, but it becomes a cherished part of Cartoon Network's history for years to come.

Thanks! I'm glad you think so!
Cool!

@ThatOneGuyWithSunglasses
i've decided to suggest some stuff for your own timeline. add them if you want, ignore them if you don't, fine by me
(sorry if my English sucks)
Home On The Range is replaced by it's original vision, Sweating Bullets
Because of animation being more respected, films like Bolt, My People, or Meet The Robinsons are 2d animated
while Gravity Falls still ends after season 2, Lost Legends, instead of being a comic book, is a anthology TV movie special follow-up ITTL
Silent Hills drops the grated pyramid head theming after 3, later entries focus on how others perceive silent Hills differently (like how 2 implied it and downpour CLAIMED they would do a different take)
Super Punch Out doesn't introduce a lot of bland generic fighters, instead bringing back others like Glass Joe or Don Flaminco. here's my ideas
Minor Circut: Glass Joe, Bear Hugger, Piston Hondo (who also replaces Piston Hurricane from the Arcade Game), Bald Bull
Major Circut: Great Tiger, a gender swapped Dragon Chan, Don Flamanco, Mr Sand Man
World Circuit: Aran Ryan, Kid Quick (Genderswapped, also replaces disco kid INTL) , King Hippo, Super Macho Man
Special Circuit: Von Kaiser, Alice and APE III (from the obscure Arm Wrestling game), Soda Popinski, Iron Jane (World Champion.....and Glass Joe's wife?)
Pokemon doesn't focus on bloating the Pokemon count a lot every game, rather focusing on improving gameplay. (though either popular ones or well designed ones, like Toxitricity, Polteagiest, Falinks, Houndstone, Nacil, or Tinkaton debut earlier and replace either middling or horribly designed pokemon)
The Pokemon Seizure incident does not occur
Along with Virtual Boy Wario, Panic Bomber, Nester's Funky Bowling, Dragon Hopper, Teleroboxer, and Jack Bros debut on the Snes rather then Virtual Boy. ITTL, it's an infamous concept that never got in development, tho it is a reccuring gag in nintendo games to the point it's been claimed as R.O.Bs arch-enemy.
Bioshock Infinite and Sly Cooper 4 are saved for the PS4 rather then releasing at the end of the PS3's shelf life. as a result, Bioshock Infinite is allowed to be like it's original vision and Theives In Time does not have a cliffhanger ending
Plants Vs Zombies is owned by Sega
Hollywood Monster Design isn;t corpreitized and limited to just grey humanoid monsters (see Cloverfield, Quiet Place, or Stranger Things to see what i'm talking about)
The Dark Universe doesn't suck ass. how specifically? well, for one, they don't try and shove a million sequel and movie teases, hell, I even imagine this wouldn't have a typical big team-up movie, something more like the classics a "x vs. y" situation. also, the monsters, aside from genderswapping some like Mummy Or The Gillman, also adds a modern twist on them like with the Invisible Man. for instance, The Mummy and it's curse are in actually a misinterpred species of Fungi similar to Cordyceps that infected an Egyptian Queen, being locked up in a tomb, growing and waiting until it's released (so not like an evil being but more a creature that's doing it's sole purpose in life)
(that's about it. i'm planning on a Smash Bros suggestion, but for now these are various suggestion for u)

i've decided to suggest some stuff for your own timeline. add them if you want, ignore them if you don't, fine by me
Because of animation being more respected, films like Bolt, My People, or Meet The Robinsons are 2d animated
while Gravity Falls still ends after season 2, Lost Legends, instead of being a comic book, is a anthology TV movie special follow-up ITTL
Silent Hills drops the grated pyramid head theming after 3, later entries focus on how others perceive silent Hills differently (like how 2 implied it and downpour CLAIMED they would do a different take)
Super Punch Out doesn't introduce a lot of bland generic fighters, instead bringing back others like Glass Joe or Don Flaminco. here's my ideas
Minor Circut: Glass Joe, Bear Hugger, Piston Hondo (who also replaces Piston Hurricane from the Arcade Game), Bald Bull
Major Circut: Great Tiger, a gender swapped Dragon Chan, Don Flamanco, Mr Sand Man
World Circuit: Aran Ryan, Kid Quick (Genderswapped, also replaces disco kid INTL) , King Hippo, Super Macho Man
Special Circuit: Von Kaiser, Alice and APE III (from the obscure Arm Wrestling game), Soda Popinski, Iron Jane (World Champion.....and Glass Joe's wife?)
Pokemon doesn't focus on bloating the Pokemon count a lot every game, rather focusing on improving gameplay. (though either popular ones or well designed ones, like Toxitricity, Polteagiest, Falinks, Houndstone, Nacil, or Tinkaton debut earlier and replace either middling or horribly designed pokemon)
Along with Virtual Boy Wario, Panic Bomber, Nester's Funky Bowling, Dragon Hopper, Teleroboxer, and Jack Bros debut on the Snes rather then Virtual Boy. ITTL, it's an infamous concept that never got in development, tho it is a reccuring gag in nintendo games to the point it's been claimed as R.O.Bs arch-enemy.
Bioshock Infinite and Sly Cooper 4 are saved for the PS4 rather then releasing at the end of the PS3's shelf life. as a result, Bioshock Infinite is allowed to be like it's original vision and Theives In Time does not have a cliffhanger ending
Hollywood Monster Design isn;t corpreitized and limited to just grey humanoid monsters (see Cloverfield, Quiet Place, or Stranger Things to see what i'm talking about)
The Dark Universe doesn't suck ass. how specifically? well, for one, they don't try and shove a million sequel and movie teases, hell, I even imagine this wouldn't have a typical big team-up movie, something more like the classics a "x vs. y" situation. also, the monsters, aside from genderswapping some like Mummy Or The Gillman, also adds a modern twist on them like with the Invisible Man. for instance, The Mummy and it's curse are in actually a misinterpred species of Fungi similar to Cordyceps that infected an Egyptian Queen, being locked up in a tomb, growing and waiting until it's released (so not like an evil being but more a creature that's doing it's sole purpose in life)
(that's about it. i'm planning on a Smash Bros suggestion, but for now these are various suggestion for u)
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into them when I get home from work. Feel free to send a dm too, but I may not be able to respond immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll look into them when I get home from work. Feel free to send a dm too, but I may not be able to respond immediately.
Would it be wrong for me to use stuff from Fanon Discontinuity and What Could Have Been on TV Tropes? I ask because the site has kind of a mixed rep.
Great ideas!

There have been plenty of X person saved timelines

Indeed there has.

I know its cliche and a tad wish-fulfilly, but seeing how different our culture would've been if certain people hadn't died young is still an interesting exercise because it reflects the central theme of AH: how the smallest changes can result in a very different world.

I'd like to add Steve Irwin as well.

Let's throw in Phil Hartman, Gilda Radner, and John Candy.

bugs

Gone Fishin'
1.Star Trek does 5 years. Either grace Lee Whitney or laurel Goodwin remain for completion of series.
2.cliff Burton remains in Metallica but leaves for megadeath as after the black album they are too commercial.
3.mick Taylor stays in the stones but Ron wood is a side member.
4.After John Lennon lost weekend realizes maya
Pang is a Kool chick and continues writing with Paul macartney not necessarily a Beatles reunion need to come out of this though.