Your Personal Pop Culture Utopia timeline

Revenge of the Sith is a 3-5 hour epic, originally intended by Lucas. It is even more criticized, however soars in cult-status after the Clone Wars TV Series. Minecraft Legacy Console Edition is continued only on PS4, while Bedrock is continued exclusively on Switch, PE, Windows and Xbox (due to an OTL dispute.) Eventually Sony agrees to discontinue Legacy Edition around the 2021 Mob Vote, with Bedrock receiving minigames produced by 4J Studios, including all 3 OTL minigames and also a Build Battle. 2010’s internet culture survives well into 2020, with the celebrities from the time remaining relevant. Freak-out videos online become less stale and staged, with AGP surviving into the 2020’s. Plants vs Zombies GW2 is continued, similar to the way PvZ 2 is getting continually updated, with new classes and characters like the Gravedigger and Nightcap. Also the Angry Birds Movie is the highest grossing movie of 2016 (just because it’s funny.)

Really? Even the parts where I kill Viacom and Nickelodeon?
Well... I wouldn't say I'd completely kill Nickelodeon in my timeline, but they'll definitely get knocked down a peg or two compared to OTL (as for Viacom... they'll probably get knocked down three or four pegs). I was referring more in terms of network scheduling and branding, certain shows getting greenlit when they weren't originally, certain fallen companies maintaining some of their former glory, and creators managing to successfully fight back against network meddling regarding their shows.
I want to see this. Would some shows last longer?
They certainly would!
Nice. Starting AS in '99 would actually be great. We could even beat Comedy Central to some of the shows they picked up IOTL.
Considering that Family Guy, Mission Hill, and Home Movies all premiered that year (albeit on different networks IOTL), maybe they could be part of the initial AS lineup ITTL.
Ok. I would do this:

City - 2004-2007
Get Animated!(includes elements of Yes!, Summer '07 and Fall '07) - 2007-2010
Noodfuse(mixture of Noods, Lets Go! and Prefuse) - 2010-2012
20th Anniversary - 2012-2013
Check It - 2013-2017
Dimensional - 2017-2020
Mashup - 2020-2022
City 2.0 - 2022-present

Although it depends on how the network and how linear TV is by 2022. If it's still dying ITTL, then I'll change this.
That's a good way to arrange things. I haven't yet worked out how the streaming side of things (and its effect on linear TV) will play out, though, so maybe I'd have City 2.0 happen a few years earlier...

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd probably have the CN City revival during the 2017-2020 period, because OK K.O.! would be airing during that timeframe, so it'd tie in perfectly to the Crossover Nexus special.
So basically, forcing WB and Turner to get along ITTL?
Pretty much. Though given what I've currently got planned for Warner Bros. and MGM, it might not be as easy as it seems.
How does Fox Family do ITTL? If that survives, then that's the perfect place for them to go. Or we could start a spin-off network to compete with Nick.

So by 2007, we'll have CN, AS and Boomerang? I think the AS channel would probably replace Court TV instead of Tru TV(while it's crime shows could air on HLN and it's sketch comedy shows could even air on AS and/or TBS).
Those are pretty good ideas.
So.......what becomes CN's comedy premiere block from 2007 onwards, as well as their action shows? Shockingly, you haven't mentioned the fate of Toonami yet.
For comedy premieres, it'll probably still be on Friday nights, just rebranded (I haven't figured out what the rebrand will be like, but it definitely won't be Fried Dynamite). Toonami will be sticking around, though I haven't decided whether or not it'll move to AS like IOTL, or if TOM 4 will still exist.
How would they be overhauled? Could it become Miguzi's first T.I.E. event? Also, why DID Kraft pull out at the last minute?
What I had in mind was that Cartoon Network would air shows, episodes and shorts themed around space and aliens for the entirety of the week (with the idea being that aliens had hijacked CN's broadcasting system), with bumpers featuring the aliens invading CN City. For the 5 new episodes that would constitute the Invaded storyline, ITTL Cartoon Network actually shops the idea around among their shows' creators to see which of them would be interested in participating in the event, rather than just going with their most popular comedy shows at the time regardless of whether or not their creators want to participate. 4 shows would be involved - each would get one of the first 4 episodes, while the final one would be a crossover special between all 4 shows (that also includes cameos or references other shows that weren't involved) that would conclude the event. Any Cartoon Network original show is eligible, even those who've already concluded their runs.

But having it be Miguzi's T.I.E. equivalent works too!

As for Kraft, my guess is that they weren't satisfied with the quality of the episodes produced for the event IOTL.
I want to hear this.
It'll be similar in style and tone to those CN bumpers from the early 2000s that featured the characters from Cartoon Network's shows working at the animation studio. I haven't decided on a specific plot yet, but it'll feature cameos from every single Cartoon Network original show aired up to that point, as well as from cartoons produced by MGM/Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears, and Warner Bros. Animation.
Ok. Maybe here, Turner buys MGM in '96, then merges with WB in 2000? Warner Bros would be the main film label with MGM being secondary with New Line as their third label.
Actually, what I have in mind right now is that Turner Broadcasting merges with MGM (including Hanna-Barbera, which has stuck around as MGM's official animation studio) in 1988, with Cartoon Network premiering 2-3 years later. Warner Bros. still tries to get their pre-1950 film library back (which was a major reason behind OTL's Turner/Time Warner merger), and around 1993-1995 a settlement is reached: Warner Bros. gets its library back, but Turner can still air reruns of the company's filmography on the channels under his ownership (with broadcasting fees paid to WB, of course). Additionally, Hanna-Barbera will produce some shows for Kids WB, while Warner Bros. Animation will produce some shows for Cartoon Network, with some of these shows being co-productions between the two. Admittedly, my main focus right now is those studios' animated productions, so I apologize for not paying as much consideration to their live-action fare that would also be affected by these points of divergence.
That could work. I could also see some of the DC and other rejected WBA shows air.
That's more-or-less what I've got in mind.

I've actually got a discussion going with @TheFaultsofAlts regarding ideas for my planned timeline. If you want, I can invite you to join the discussion!

Last edited:
(1960) Gumby never changes stylistically after moving production to Glendora
(1968) The Prisoner never airs its disastrous finale episode "Fall Out" and instead goes on to have a second season.
(1976) Pat and Mat is aired in more countries more successful they are not rejected at first by the Prague TV studio and given more funding.
(1989-Now) Doctor Who never goes off the air
(1999-2000) Cartoon Planet runs for an additional 2 years under a new season.
(2000) The Miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune had triple the funding it did IOTL.
(2000-2005) Pingu keeps making episodes (Carlo Bonomi lives to be 112 years old)
(2011) After divine intervention, the scourge known as Baby Jake will never come into existence and broadcasted by Cbeebies
(2017-Now) Netflix decides to keep MST3K on, and it has a stable production history from then to the present.

Last edited:
I wish Mexico was a richer and less violent country. Obviously, that would make Mexican society good, but I would love to see Mexican animation becoming more prominent.

Mexico has a rich and fascinating history and culture, from its historical background of Aztecs and Spanish conquest to Indigenous gods, folklore, and great writers like Octavio Paz.

Villainous is such a wonderful (and evil) show, that it makes me wish Mexican animation had far more juice and clout throughout the US.

I wish Mexico was a richer and less violent country. Obviously, that would make Mexican society good, but I would love to see Mexican animation becoming more prominent.

Mexico has a rich and fascinating history and culture, from its historical background of Aztecs and Spanish conquest to Indigenous gods, folklore, and great writers like Octavio Paz.

Villainous is such a wonderful (and evil) show, that it makes me wish Mexican animation had far more juice and clout throughout the US.
Oh man I love that show, wish there was more of it.

Western Animation - Phantom TL - Part 1

Warner Bros./Cartoon Network/Adult Swim

• What's New, Scooby-Doo? lasts a bit longer, ending in 2008. This butterflies Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Gets A Clue!.
  • Lobo: The Animated Series gets made as a show on The WB's primetime lineup and becomes a moderate success. It becomes more popular from reruns on Adult Swim tho, and the show moves there for it's last season.
  • Teen Titans lasts for one more season that's 26 episodes as opposed to 13 episodes, focusing on Starfire and being a crossover with the Legion of Superheroes and the Omega Men. This results in the Legion of Superheroes series itself being butterflied in place of a new proper Superman series.
  • Xiaolin Showdown lasts another season.
  • The Batman only lasts from 2004 until 2006, ending a little earlier.
  • Justice League Unlimited ends in 2005, but is followed by Justice League of America, an 26-episode series and Justice League International, an 13-episode series that wraps up the whole Justice League animated franchise.
  • Gorilla Girl, Go Go Moba Boy, Plastic Man and Edgar and the Voyagers all become shows on Kids' WB.
  • Duck Dodgers gets another season, lasting until 2006.
  • Loonatics Unleashed is HEAVILY retooled after the outcry from the animation community, ultimately premiering in 2006 as an vastly different show.
  • Reboots and revivals based on Wacky Races, The Wizard of Oz, ThunderCats and several more legacy IP are made, whether for theatrical release, or broadcast across Kids' WB and/or Cartoon Network.
  • Speaking of which, the ThunderCats revival premieres in March of 2007 as opposed to June of 2011. The show also lasts longer with the second season taking upon the original plans for the season before the show was canned. The show is a CN/WB anime co-production.
  • Batman: Gotham Knight and Batman: The Brave and the Bold both premieres in Fall 2008 and Spring 2009 on Cartoon Network and Kids' WB respectively. Gotham Knight is a edgier take on the hero as he investigates and tries to see what went wrong with Gotham. Brave and the Bold is pretty much the same as OTL's show.
  • Gotham Girls also becomes a full series ITTL, premiering in 2004 on Toonami.
  • Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated lasts longer and gradually becomes a more mature and serious show and winds up becoming the definitive installment of the Scooby-Doo franchise. The show also butterflies Be Cool, Scooby-Doo and lasts surprisingly, until 2019 with a final special crossing over THE ENTIRE HANNA-BARBERA UNIVERSE(early Cartoon Network characters even included).
  • Looney Tunes: Laff Riot goes thru as intended, premiering in 2010 on Kids' WB and becoming an HUGE success for the block and Cartoon Network. It lasts until 2019.
  • MAD still exists.
  • Young Justice isn't canceled in 2013, but rather, goes on, ending in 2016.
  • DC Nation still exists, but is given better treatment. Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware the Batman does a little better. Other new DC shows are introduced over the years.
  • Due to the satisfying conclusion of Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go! doesn't exist, but the creators do create a similar show to it, but less cringe. It ends in 2018.
  • Ben 10 is instead retooled as a Dial H for Hero series that premieres in May 2006 on Toonami. The show is actually still just as much of a hit as OTL's Ben 10. Come 2009, Ben 10 and Dial H for Hero are both spun off with Dial H: Hero Generation and Ben 10: Alien Force(with elements from Ultimate Alien) respectively.
  • Mike Tyson Mysteries still exist.
  • Bunnicula still exists, but in place of OTL's other shows, we instead get Top Cat and Yogi Bear revivals. The Flintstones gets revived by Seth Macfarlane with a new show for Fox's Animation Domination, which doesn't go on a hiatus ITTL.
Nice to meet you, too! Actually, your TL-2K23 has been one of the main inspirations for my own timeline. I hope that you enjoy it!

It'd be mostly the same as OTL up to 1998, but after that point is where the effects of the Turner/Time Warner merger start to become evident IOTL, so from there it'll depend on how I handle that aspect (including if the merger ever happens to begin with). Still, it'll be until early-to-mid 2007 where things seriously diverge from OTL. Here's some stuff that I've already decided on:
  • Most if not all of Cartoon Network's original animated shows will still be on the network ITTL, though I do have some non-CN shows and failed pilots from OTL in mind to potentially become CN originals here.
  • Toonami, Boomerang, and Adult Swim will still exist ITTL. I might even start Adult Swim a year or two early.
  • The evolution of Cartoon Network's bumpers will be mostly the same as OTL up to 2007, though instead of the Yes! era I'll give CN City another year or two, plus a revival later down the line.
    • Basically, it goes: Checkerboard Era (1992-1997) -> Starburst Era (1997-1998) -> Powerhouse Era (1998-2004) -> CN City Era (2004-2007) -> ??? (2007-2011) -> 20th Anniversary (2012) -> ??? + CN City revival at an unspecified point (2013-present)
    • Regarding CN City specifically, there will be more appearances from classic MGM/Hanna-Barbera characters as residents of the city. Possibly the Looney Tunes and other characters created/licensed by Warner Bros. Animation as well.
  • CN Real is butterflied, though I might have some of the live-action shows aired on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim IOTL air on a different network.
    • One thing I'm considering is for Adult Swim to eventually branch off into its own channel around 2006-2008 a la Boomerang, which is where it'd start airing live-action original programming as a way to differentiate itself from the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network.
    • On a related note to Adult Swim and CN Real, the Boston bomb scare incident is butterflied as well.
  • The Cartoon Cartoon Fridays block airs up to at least 2007, though the intro switches to the Fridays one from 2004 onward. I haven't fully decided if the Fridays rebrand itself will be butterflied, but Fried Dynamite and Har Har Tharsdays definitely are.
    • The Fridays intro is updated each year to reflect the new programming on the network.
  • Cartoon Network Invaded (or some sort of equivalent) will still be a thing, though it will be overhauled from OTL: specifically, it won't be sponsored by Kraft (who pulled out at the last minute IOTL anyway, so the only difference is that they won't be involved to begin with), and the selection of shows involved in the event will be different.
  • There will still be an animation/live-action hybrid project a la Re-Animated/Out of Jimmy's Head at some point, though that specific movie/series is butterflied, as the one that I have in mind is geared more towards an older audience.
  • Even though I haven't fully decided on if the Turner/Time Warner merger will happen (my main concern is that consolidating MGM and Warner Bros. would put too many popular IPs under one roof, and I'd like to avoid an OTL Disney situation if possible), I'd still like there to be some level of synergy between Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. Animation. Perhaps in exchange for the CN originals developed by WBA, some of the new shows developed by MGM/Hanna-Barbera air on Kids WB?
Great ideas!

Well... I wouldn't say I'd completely kill Nickelodeon in my timeline, but they'll definitely get knocked down a peg or two compared to OTL (as for Viacom... they'll probably get knocked down three or four pegs)
Holy crap........
. I was referring more in terms of network scheduling and branding, certain shows getting greenlit when they weren't originally,
Oh.
certain fallen companies maintaining some of their former glory,
What companies keep some of their glory?
and creators managing to successfully fight back against network meddling regarding their shows.

They certainly would!
Ok, nice!
Considering that Family Guy, Mission Hill, and Home Movies all premiered that year (albeit on different networks IOTL), maybe they could be part of the initial AS lineup ITTL.
That could be something, especially considering Family Guy WAS almost a Cartoon Network original. Just as Larry and Steve.
That's a good way to arrange things. I haven't yet worked out how the streaming side of things (and its effect on linear TV) will play out, though, so maybe I'd have City 2.0 happen a few years earlier...

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd probably have the CN City revival during the 2017-2020 period, because OK K.O.! would be airing during that timeframe, so it'd tie in perfectly to the Crossover Nexus special.

Pretty much. Though given what I've currently got planned for Warner Bros. and MGM, it might not be as easy as it seems.
Cool.
Those are pretty good ideas.
Thanks.
For comedy premieres, it'll probably still be on Friday nights, just rebranded (I haven't figured out what the rebrand will be like, but it definitely won't be Fried Dynamite).
Well, maybe the rebrand is more like HHT, but for Friday?
Toonami will be sticking around, though I haven't decided whether or not it'll move to AS like IOTL, or if TOM 4 will still exist.
That's great to hear that Toonami will stick around.
What I had in mind was that Cartoon Network would air shows, episodes and shorts themed around space and aliens for the entirety of the week (with the idea being that aliens had hijacked CN's broadcasting system), with bumpers featuring the aliens invading CN City. For the 5 new episodes that would constitute the Invaded storyline, ITTL Cartoon Network actually shops the idea around among their shows' creators to see which of them would be interested in participating in the event, rather than just going with their most popular comedy shows at the time regardless of whether or not their creators want to participate. 4 shows would be involved - each would get one of the first 4 episodes, while the final one would be a crossover special between all 4 shows (that also includes cameos or references other shows that weren't involved) that would conclude the event. Any Cartoon Network original show is eligible, even those who've already concluded their runs.

But having it be Miguzi's T.I.E. equivalent works too!
Cool!
As for Kraft, my guess is that they weren't satisfied with the quality of the episodes produced for the event IOTL.
That could be a reason, or it could be the Boston incident.
It'll be similar in style and tone to those CN bumpers from the early 2000s that featured the characters from Cartoon Network's shows working at the animation studio. I haven't decided on a specific plot yet, but it'll feature cameos from every single Cartoon Network original show aired up to that point, as well as from cartoons produced by MGM/Hanna-Barbera, Ruby-Spears, and Warner Bros. Animation.
How successful would it be?
Actually, what I have in mind right now is that Turner Broadcasting merges with MGM (including Hanna-Barbera, which has stuck around as MGM's official animation studio) in 1988, with Cartoon Network premiering 2-3 years later. Warner Bros. still tries to get their pre-1950 film library back (which was a major reason behind OTL's Turner/Time Warner merger), and around 1993-1995 a settlement is reached: Warner Bros. gets its library back, but Turner can still air reruns of the company's filmography on the channels under his ownership (with broadcasting fees paid to WB, of course). Additionally, Hanna-Barbera will produce some shows for Kids WB, while Warner Bros. Animation will produce some shows for Cartoon Network, with some of these shows being co-productions between the two. Admittedly, my main focus right now is those studios' animated productions, so I apologize for not paying as much consideration to their live-action fare that would also be affected by these points of divergence.

That's more-or-less what I've got in mind.
That works great.
(1960) Gumby never changes stylistically after moving production to Glendora
(1968) The Prisoner never airs its disastrous finale episode "Fall Out" and instead goes on to have a second season.
(1976) Pat and Mat is aired in more countries more successful they are not rejected at first by the Prague TV studio and given more funding.
(1989-Now) Doctor Who never goes off the air
(1999-2000) Cartoon Planet runs for an additional 2 years under a new season.
(2000) The Miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune had triple the funding it did IOTL.
(2000-2005) Pingu keeps making episodes (Carlo Bonomi lives to be 112 years old)
(2017-Now) Netflix decides to keep MST3K on, and it has a stable production history from then to the present.
Cool.
I love your timeline idea for a perfect Carton Network @ArcticAurora2002 . Count me on in on doing anything I can to help it become reality.
Same.

Oh man I love that show, wish there was more of it.
Like Japanese culture, Mexican culture has SO much to draw upon it.

Legend Quest, a sadly short-lived cartoon, featured many references to Mexican culture, including Alebrije. If Mexico were richer, who knows what wonders Mexican people could bring to life through animation.
I think it would also be good, from the point of view that modern Mexican cinema would not be so dark.
Yes. Mexican animation has a lot of potential, too bad it's held back.....maybe if Mexico was a better country and the people didn't have to struggle as much, then I could see Mexican animation being a bigger thing.
Great ideas!
Thanks.

Holy crap........
Yeah, sooner or later ITTL Viacom is going to bite off more than it can chew, and when that happens... well, all I'll say is that while Viacom's subsidiaries IOTL are likely to make it out mostly unscathed, Viacom's continued existence as a corporate conglomerate ITTL is on very shaky ground.

What companies keep some of their glory?
Hanna-Barbera (as part of MGM ITTL), 4Kids Entertainment (due to laxer censorship/localization standards for TV they don't have the bad reputation OTL's 4Kids got), Sega (will still be involved in the console wars in some capacity up to at least the 7th generation), Atari (the Video Game Crash of 1983 is averted ITTL, so Atari lasts long enough to get into a 3-way console war between itself, Nintendo, and Sega come the 4th generation), EC Comics (still publishing comics up into at least the 1990s thanks to the Comics Code getting butterflied), and possibly some others depending on how things go with my timeline.

That could be something, especially considering Family Guy WAS almost a Cartoon Network original. Just as Larry and Steve.
I know, right? I do wonder if it'll still be retooled as Family Guy or if it'll remain Larry and Steve if it airs as an Adult Swim original ITTL.

Well, maybe the rebrand is more like HHT, but for Friday?
More or less.

That's great to hear that Toonami will stick around.
Indeed it is!

That could be a reason, or it could be the Boston incident.
IIRC OTL's Cartoon Network Invaded was already in development back in 2006, so that explanation makes sense.

How successful would it be?
I'm not 100% sure ratings-wise, but it becomes a cherished part of Cartoon Network's history for years to come.

That works great.
Thanks! I'm glad you think so!

There was an episode of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air where Will returned to Philadelphia and confronted the bully who chased him out of town. It was intended to be a series finale, but when the show was given a few more seasons, it had a hilariously meta-resolution: an executive in a van dragging Will back to Bel-Air.

I think the creators missed out on a more interesting scenario: Will trying to return to his old life, only to discover that things have changed too much: his friends have either moved away or moved on from him, his old hangouts have been replaced, and simply put, he doesn't find the streets of Philly to be his home. In the end, he realizes Bel-Air is his home, and the Banks are his family.

I think Will have a story arc about home truly is would've made an interesting plot/

Tried doing a Wikipedia edit:
1713853133104.png
1713853167496.png

Last edited:
I think there is one Nickelodeon character who DESERVED his own spinoff show.

I am talking about Hugh Neutron

Hugh Neutron is not only hilarious in every scene he's in, but he's also a pretty good dad.

In "The Science Fair Affair", he cheers up Jimmy by sending his inventions to a Nobel Prize Committee. While it didn't go well, this proves Hugh actually loves and respects Jimmy's accomplishments.

I'd love to see Hugh in his own show, conquering the world of pie and ducks.

Tried doing a Wikipedia edit (though it is just a few sentence changes).
-snip-

This was fantastic! How do you create these fake Wikipedia pages?

I think there is one Nickelodeon character who DESERVED his own spinoff show.

I am talking about Hugh Neutron

Hugh Neutron is not only hilarious in every scene he's in, but he's also a pretty good dad.

In "The Science Fair Affair", he cheers up Jimmy by sending his inventions to a Nobel Prize Committee. While it didn't go well, this proves Hugh actually loves and respects Jimmy's accomplishments.

I'd love to see Hugh in his own show, conquering the world of pie and ducks.
Hell yeah, I'd be down for this!
This was fantastic! How do you create these fake Wikipedia pages?
Thanks, I changed it with the inspect tool.

I know I've posted this in the Indrema Revolution PM, but I just had to share it here.
IOTL, Yankovic signed a deal with Cartoon Network in 2010, but it was scrapped because the network wasn't that interested anymore. ITTL, CN doesn't launch CN Real and Stuart Snyder never becomes the CEO, butterflying the Aqua Teen Boston bomb scare in the process. Now, why Nickelodeon? Well, I think Al is a natural fit for Nickelodeon because they're both known for wild and wacky stuff (at least Al might look good on a business card! [1])

I'd give Dan the boot for obvious reasons, forcing Nick to find a better person. Nick likes Al's content, thinking he'll be perfect for Nickelodeon, bringing back a spark of the wacky charm they had in their peak. He signs a 10-year exclusivity contract to make movies, series (live-action and Nicktoons) (I'm probably gonna wait to reveal the specific shows/movies he'll work on). He isn't allowed to be on its rivals' shows (CN, FoxFam, Disney) Consequently, Nintendo reduces Fawful to background cameos in Mario's World at least until the contract is over. because Al voices him. [2]

Because I've retconned P&F to Disney Channel, Milo Murphy won't be voiced by Al. If Noah Z. Jones isn't busy, he might play Milo (like he was originally going to IOTL)

[1] An obvious reference to the common reason why Nick retired the splat in 2009 IOTL - it didn't look good on a business card. The truth is that Cyma (then-CEO of Nick) thought it was dated and couldn't be simplified (became untrue in 2023) and Nick's subbrands looked kind of "a mess"

[2] Nintendo liked Yankovic's performance as Fawful in Mario's World, and they reduced the character's presence because they didn't feel it would be the same with a soundalike playing Fawful. Yankovic doesn't voice the character in the games due to the different voice cast. (sparing Charles Martinet for Mario and Luigi, who also plays the plumbers in MW)