Your Personal Pop Culture DYSTOPIA Timeline

I think for the sake of civility it would be better to avoid any "x celebrity commits suicide" or anything like that and when talking about a possible early death be as respectful as possible

I legit got a sinking feeling in my stomach while reading.
Good. That means it’s working 😈 /j

In all seriousness though, I’m sick and tired of Disney being constantly vilified by people for cutting season 3 of TOH short when they were still able to have a proper finale, just like with most of Disney’s other most popular shows (Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls, Amphibia, etc.), while Netflix cancels popular shows after 1-2 seasons, on CLIFFHANGERS nonetheless, and seems to get an automatic free pass. I feel like I need to remind everybody every now and then that Disney isn’t as awful as we think it to be and that Netflix isn’t some “safe haven” for animation either. At least try to focus more on the positive fact that Disney let it have an actual ending, instead of completely axing it. That’s why I made that post - to show that the fate of both shows could’ve been a WHOLE lot worse than it was IOTL.

Here's a couple of ideas that I have.

-Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) is both a critical and financial failure for Sega, selling over only 500,000 copies, resulting in Sega going under a massive restructuring, laying off a number of their staff, and leading to a earlier Meta Era of Sonic, with a earlier Sonic Colours that replaces OTL's Unleashed, and a earlier Sonic 4 kickstarting the era.
-The Pygos Group doesn't get brought out by HiT Entertainment in 2001 after it's collapse, and as a result, Pingu ends it's run on TV in 2000 after 4 seasons.

Last edited:
The Sonny Bono Act renews expired copyrights, and SOPA and PIPA are signed into law - say goodbye to nine-tenths of the internet.

Yeah, OTL’s not amazing for pop culture, but it’s not as terrible as it could be either.

Here’s what I can think of.:
  • Disney accepting the “Black Friday” reel for Pixar’s Toy Story movie
  • Microsoft sticking with the original plan for the Xbox One back in E3 2013
  • SquareSoft going bankrupt due to low sales of Final Fantasy
Shall I go on?

Here’s what I can think of.:
  • Disney accepting the “Black Friday” reel for Pixar’s Toy Story movie
  • Microsoft sticking with the original plan for the Xbox One back in E3 2013
  • SquareSoft going bankrupt due to low sales of Final Fantasy
Shall I go on?
Go ahead.
What is this "Black Friday" reel of Toy Story????
Turns out I did, and yeah.........

NO!
Well, it is a part of my timeline, so.....

In 1994, due to a disagreement, PBS cancels Shining Time Station and the Thomas segment becomes it's own series on Cartoon Network US. in November 1998, after about 4 years of reruns of Thomas, the series causes The Powerpuff Girls to fail, resulting in it ending after just one season. A decision is made by Britt Allcroft to retire Cranky and the ironworks twins from the series due to them partially causing PPG's failure.
Ernie is retired from Sesame Street in 1990 following Jim Henson's death. Bert is reduced to cameos from then and eventually dissapears as well in 1995. Their sketches were still rerun until 2002.
The Simpsons is cancelled on a cliffhanger following the first part of Who Shot Mr Burns due to a salary dispute.
Stephen Hillenburg scraps SpongeBob after Nickelodeon tries to turn him into a child. Mrs Puff is never thought up.
The creators of Phineas and Ferb give up on selling their show in 2001.
After Woodland Animations is shut down, it's sold to HIT Entertainment instead of Entertainment Rights, resulting in CGI-animated Postman Pat beginning in 2009.

Last edited:
In 1994, due to a disagreement, PBS cancels Shining Time Station and the Thomas segment becomes it's own series on Cartoon Network US. in November 1998, after about 4 years of reruns of Thomas, the series causes The Powerpuff Girls to fail, resulting in it ending after just one season. A decision is made by Britt Allcroft to retire Cranky and the ironworks twins from the series due to them partially causing PPG's failure.
How can Thomas airing on Cartoon Network in America even cause The Powerpuff Girls to fail and be cancelled after just one season in the first place?!

Last edited:
How can Thomas airing on Cartoon Network in America even cause The Powerpuff Girls to fail and be cancelled after just one season in the first place?!
Every rerun gets about 4 million viewers. PPG failed to get that much. Due to PPG airing alongside the american premieres of Thomas' fifth season, which got even higher ratings, Cranky, 'Arry and Bert would no longer be used in future Thomas episodes. Cranky Bugs and Stepney gets Lost were also banned from reruns.

Every rerun gets about 4 million viewers. PPG failed to get that much. Due to PPG airing alongside the american premieres of Thomas' fifth season, which got even higher ratings, Cranky, 'Arry and Bert would no longer be used in future Thomas episodes. Cranky Bugs and Stepney gets Lost were also banned from reruns.
Why were those episodes banned from reruns?

I feel like I need to remind everybody every now and then that Disney isn’t as awful as we think it to be and that Netflix isn’t some “safe haven” for animation either. At least try to focus more on the positive fact that Disney let it have an actual ending, instead of completely axing it.
As I said on this thread None of the big three Channels (Nick, CN, and Disney) aren't very good in their own ways and you're better off making a show on like Newgrounds, Youtube, or a Streaming Service that approves shows like TOH, and Amphibia, (not being mean but cable channels are getting crazier in there own ways) BUT if you want your show on one of the big three channels then Disney is your best Pick since

1. Nick would send your show to Nicktoons to Die since your show isn't The Loud House OR Spongebob

2. CN may seem fine but would never continue after a season since it isn't TTG or something happens at CN

3. (Like what you said) Disney isn't evil and even stranger none of their shows (besides maybe one but that's stretching it) had a monopoly over the network and ONLY Three (Kim Possible, P&F, and SVTFOE) have gotten fourth seasons (Although Amphibia and TOH could have gotten it too if they weren't shortened) and plus Disney would only shorten your show rather than canceling it (Unless it's REALLY bad)

As I said on this thread None of the big three Channels (Nick, CN, and Disney) aren't very good in their own ways and you're better off making a show on like Newgrounds, Youtube, or a Streaming Service that approves shows like TOH, and Amphibia, (not being mean but cable channels are getting crazier in there own ways) BUT if you want your show on one of the big three channels then Disney is your best Pick since

1. Nick would send your show to Nicktoons to Die since your show isn't The Loud House OR Spongebob

2. CN may seem fine but would never continue after a season since it isn't TTG or something happens at CN

3. (Like what you said) Disney isn't evil and even stranger none of their shows (besides maybe one but that's stretching it) had a monopoly over the network and ONLY Three (Kim Possible, P&F, and SVTFOE) have gotten fourth seasons (Although Amphibia and TOH could have gotten it too if they weren't shortened) and plus Disney would only shorten your show rather than canceling it (Unless it's REALLY bad)
Exactly. But Amphibia ENDED because Matt Braly felt it was time to end.

The Owl House was just treated wrong..........