The Owl House on Cartoon Network

Deleted member 143718

Now this one is an interesting one and I just thought of this one. In this post, what if The Owl House never aired on Disney; and by that, I mean what if the show aired on Cartoon Network (I would have said "…or Nickelodeon", but I feel like Cartoon Network would have been more caring to the series) and it aired three full seasons and a three-part series finale.

EDIT: I believe I failed to mention that this "What If…" scenario is
  • A.) Part of my redux of Timeline-93 (now called "Just Imagine… – found here: https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/conversations/just-imagine…-a-timeline-93-redux.945559/page-2#convMessage-2696710)
  • B.) Based on a hypothetical I thought of when I read that Dana Terrance pitched the idea to CN and Nick before pitching it to Disney and I just ran with the idea.
  • C.) This isn't meant to be taken seriously, it's all in good fun; that's all.
Sorry for any misinformation and confusion in the beginning. 😨😳😅😁

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrison

Donor
Now this one is an interesting one and I just thought of this one. In this post, what if The Owl House never aired on Disney; and by that, I mean what if the show aired on Cartoon Network (I would have said "…or Nickelodeon", but I feel like Cartoon Network would have been more caring to the series) and it aired three full seasons and a three-part series finale.
Honestly there's no guarantee that some exec wouldn't have decided it skewed to old for the target audience/was too gay(whichever reason for curtailing it you believe) and it still gets cut.

the show is never made, the Hirsch silbings only got their pitch approved as they already have a hit under disney and disney give them creative freedom...but she show never lift off the ratings as disney wanted, all others would see the pitch and doesn't care about

Deleted member 143718

the show is never made, the Hirsch silbings only got their pitch approved as they already have a hit under disney and disney give them creative freedom...but she show never lift off the ratings as disney wanted, all others would see the pitch and doesn't care about
I see. Thanks for the imput, this was done just for the fun of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH None of the big three Channels (Nick, CN, Disney) aren't very good in their own ways and you're better off making a show on like Newgrounds, Youtube, or a Streaming Service that approves shows like TOH (not being mean but cable channels are getting crazier in there own ways)

Deleted member 143718

It would’ve been canceled after maybe 1 season for being too serialized and then written off by Warner-Discovery for tax purposes.
But in my Timeline-93 universe, the Warner-Discovery merger never even happens (as it happened back in 2003 when Fox Corps. (a more larger comglomorate-like version of 20th Century Fox) bought Discovery. (Keep in mind, this timeline of mine is done for fun, and not meant to be taken seriously).
TBH None of the big three Channels (Nick, CN, Disney) aren't very good in their own ways and you're better off making a show on like Newgrounds, Youtube, or a Streaming Service that approves shows like TOH (not being mean but cable channels are getting crazier in there own ways)
First of all, that's not a bad idea… but streaming services in Timeline-93 was delayed to 2021 due to Blockbuster buying out Netflix and stifling streaming services in favor of keeping video stores around for a couple more decades (keep their video store monopoly alive for as long as possible.

Secondly, TBH?

But in my Timeline-93 universe, the Warner-Discovery merger never even happens (as it happened back in 2003 when Fox Corps. (a more larger comglomorate-like version of 20th Century Fox) bought Discovery. (Keep in mind, this timeline of mine is done for fun, and not meant to be taken seriously).
Oh, okay. Sorry about that XD

In that case, if CN did (somehow) allow The Owl House to be pitched, and the WBD merge never happened, the ending of the show would’ve probably been much different than IRL, because the shortening of the show IOTL is what led the creators to introduce the Collector character, which in turn led to the “main cast staying in the human realm” subplot and the current plot of them fighting against Belos and the Collector. So if the show had its full length 3 season run on CN as suggested, then the plot would’ve been drastically different - no Collector, no “human realm” subplot, and the show would’ve likely ended with the climax/final battle being the Day of Unity.

Also with no Collector, episodes like “Edge of the World” and “Elsewhere and Elsewhen” would’ve been written differently to retcon the existence of the Collector entirely.

Last edited:

Deleted member 143718

Oh, okay. Sorry about that XD
Aw, it's OK. I probably should've added some context to explain it all before then… but now you know. 😳😁
In that case, if CN did (somehow) allow The Owl House to be pitched, and the WBD merge never happened, the ending of the show would’ve probably been much different than IRL, because the shortening of the show IOTL is what led the creators to introduce the Collector character, which in turn led to the “main cast staying in the human realm” subplot and the current plot of them fighting against Belos and the Collector. So if the show had its full length 3 season run on CN as suggested, then the plot would’ve been drastically different - no Collector, no “human realm” subplot, and the show would’ve likely ended with the climax/final battle being the Day of Unity.
That all sounds about right; but what about Luz trying to get back to the human realm? I'd figured she did find a way back and had to make a choice… whether to keep the promise she made to her Mom or stay on the Boiling Isles. How would that pan out?
Also with no Collector, episodes like “Edge of the World” and “Elsewhere and Elsewhen” would’ve been written differently to retcon the existence of the Collector entirely.
Makes sense to me.