You have ever half planned some ATL timelines who likely will never be written?

Most of my timelines end up that way. One had Stalin killed at the hands of Zhukov after coming *this close* to kicking off ww3. My plan was to have Zhukov go truly mad with power over time but develop a -much- stronger USSR industrial base and cool down the Cold War to more of a friendly rivalry.

A Terminator timeline was literally past my ideas for it but planned for SkyNet to rule not by conquest but by vice. Eventually it would create a mass market 'F-69' model that would easily spy on much of the industrialized world. Aliens attempt an invasion - both lizard and octopus - but SkyNet runs them off. Then life settles into a what-might-have-been if SkyNet had been working <for> humanity.

And finally one with utter collapse of civilization in the 1980s, combination of Mad Max, The Road, and Canticle for Liebowitz, as well as how the current generation rebuilds in its own way.

You have any scenarios who maybe you do not think you will ever wrote but still is stuck in your mind?
Definitely. I seem to be one of those people cursed with coming up with all sorts of ideas but struggling to actually write it.

I had a Romano-British/Arthurian/roman empire survival brainstorming thread going a while ago that i think came up with a lot of good ideas, but when i actually tried writing out a tl it just kinda fizzled out on me.

I was thinking about restarting the abandoned and unused timeline which I’m still very confusing and lack of manageable planned project for the TL.

I hope that I would rather do this again by making a version where there are islands that situated in the middle of Atlantic are multiplied but it’s too ASB to perform the project.

But, I would rather brainstorm for the timeline where Hansa survives and became the world’s colonial power if Hansa’s trade power had remained strengthened and have capabilities to challenge the Portuguese or Spaniards in the Spice Trade or if Kushite Empire or Nubian Dynasty in Egypt would stay longer by averting Neo-Assyrian invasion and have competent army to invade the Near East.

Last edited:
I had a Romano-British/Arthurian/roman empire survival brainstorming thread going a while ago that i think came up with a lot of good ideas, but when i actually tried writing out a tl it just kinda fizzled out on me.

Had one planned with Theodoric I as Arthur, "Camelot" as a derivative of "a merry fort" (caer merod; modern Zaragoza/ Caesaraugusta) or "a mercenary fort" (caer merodrol; modern Carcassonne) or "Imperial fortress" (caer ymerodrol; modern Milan/Mediolanum) with two giant mensa lunata brought together for meetings in a circular meeting space. The physical battlefield of Camlann was to correspond to the Catalaunian Fields (against Attila the Hun and thought to be in northeastern France in OTL) - in Catalonia - near Zaragosa/Caesaraugusta. Excaliber was to be based on an early Wootz steel blade, Lancelot as inspired by Flavius Aetius, etc. Ultimately the story is preserved as a story of British origin as everything is moved to 'Avalon' as 'an apple (growing) island' - Britain itself, well away from Attila's forces.

The Dream is Alive (not to be confused with Usili’s old TL)

The atmospheric inflation that caused Skylab to reenter early never happens here. Due to shuttle development having been initiated in 1970 instead of 1972,NASA is able to fly STS-1 in 1979 with the goal of reboosting Skylab. Would feature liquid flyback boosters,the Saturn Int-20,Germany reunified in the early 80s,Biden getting elected in ‘88 by a narrow margin,an earlier ISS,SpaceX redeveloping the Dyna-Soar,an independent Karelia,a Los Angeles mini-wank,and more.

I keep rehashing the timeline about an America that does not rise into power in 20th century.

Had one in mind where the US falls inti regional states after the Revolutionary war and slowly re-coalesces as a set of 13 region-states stretching across the entire continent. It grew up differently enough to not be the US but had its own somewhat unique demons.

The Dream is Alive (not to be confused with Usili’s old TL)

The atmospheric inflation that caused Skylab to reenter early never happens here. Due to shuttle development having been initiated in 1970 instead of 1972,NASA is able to fly STS-1 in 1979 with the goal of reboosting Skylab. Would feature liquid flyback boosters,the Saturn Int-20,Germany reunified in the early 80s,Biden getting elected in ‘88 by a narrow margin,an earlier ISS,SpaceX redeveloping the Dyna-Soar,an independent Karelia,a Los Angeles mini-wank,and more.

Los Angeles. Wank. The puns write themselves.

My favorite Timeline has as POD Charles the Bold has a Brother who gets Luxemburg Limburg and the Lands of Overmaze.Just like Charles he has a daughter as heir and she has a member of the House of Luxemburg-Ligny as husband.Drowned in a Sea of Butterflies I hope that at the End of the Timeline somewhere around 1800 Europe has some different dynasties ruling different countries.
Kingdom of Navarra:House of Chauvigny
Russian Empire:House of de la Marck
Kingdom of Man and the Isles:House of Sinclair
Duchies in the Baltic as part of HRE
An Elictive Monarchy in the Northern Netherlands
A very fragmented North and Central Italy with less French and Austrian influence
No or smaller Swiss Confederation
and so on.I wish I had no Writers Block:'(

My Portugal-wank drafts are still in the works, but I need to commit myself to work and education first, as well as getting a more stable job.

Roman ships (later confirmed sunken at Sheriff's Rock) disappear with survivors influencing local cultural and creating a milder earlier die-off from imported diseases. Another larger group lands at Hispanola in 736 and becomes the basis for OTL Quisquereme. Each brings metallurgy, grain, and livestock. These survivor cultures influence the local populations and evolve into their own unique hybrid Euro-Merican systems that expand as the centuries pass. By 1447, a report from a Portuguese explorer (Andrea Bianco) finds a great island with 'massive cities' whose population chases him off with trebuchet-like weapons. The Brazilian descendants developed a prophecy that death and ruin would come from the Old World so they fight tooth and nail to keep the ships from landing. The Caribbean equivalent, whose trading vessels move from the Amazon River to OTL Nova Scotia, find the interlopers equally dangerous and take heed of the (exaggerated) warnings from their Brazilian counterparts. Colonization becomes vastly more difficult in its initial phases.

I'd been trying to think of a way to make Dracula as famous in ATL as he is infamous in OTL, but having him retake Constantinople in 1474 and becoming a Byzantine Emperor might send shivers down the spines of literally everyone nearby.

The British Isles more divided High Kingdom of Ireland Kingdom of Man and the Isles Kingdom of Scotland Kingdom of England Welsh Principalities and The Low Countries more United with a larg colonial Empire.

Couple others:

The 1976 Olympics, both the results from the Denver Winter Games and the saga of the South Vietnamese team in Montreal who won a medal the day thier country ceased to exist.

The 1936 Summer Games in Barcelona and it's effects on the start of the Spanish Civil war.

Finally, my cool variation on my Confederate Victory TL. Writing the history in the form of an ATL musical playing in Charleston, New York, and London and touring analogous to Hamilton called Cleburne! which features the actual PoD.

Something I like to do is come up with a cool title and then for a thought experiment work out a story to go behind it. My favorite idea by far is a Germany-focused timeline called Guns, Germans, and Steel. It would basically boil down to Imperial Germany not mismanaging itself, World War One grinds to a stalemate, and then a prolonged cold war occurs between Germany and Britian. Nothing special, but I really like the name.

I had this idea today so no work has been put into it but my idea is set at the end of Terminator 3. It would be from the day the nuke flew and mankind was nearly killed off to the fall of Skynet. I would likely update it so it was more up to date but besides that, it would be the Human/Machine War.