YF-23 chosen by Navy

I was wondering, when I read about NATF project, where YF-22 also competed with yF-23…. But what if instead of being cancelled navy chooses Yf-23, resulting in F-22 and F-23 both seeing service, albeit in different branch. In this case, how would further aviation development in USA go? Would this butterfly Joint strike fighter away as there is no need for them as both Air Force and navy has 5th gen fighter ?

I was wondering, when I read about NATF project, where YF-22 also competed with yF-23…. But what if instead of being cancelled navy chooses Yf-23, resulting in F-22 and F-23 both seeing service, albeit in different branch. In this case, how would further aviation development in USA go? Would this butterfly Joint strike fighter away as there is no need for them as both Air Force and navy has 5th gen fighter ?
Simple answer no , just like the F-15 and F-16, cheap(er) is still needed especially as both YF's are more fighter than attack options.

Not sure the JSF program would be /was cheeper. Recent info from the GAO seams to indicate that it would have been cheeper to build three seperate aircraft, one each for the Airforce, the Navy and the Marines than it was to build the JSF. So in a world with F22 and F23s maybe we get a Simple F18 replacement (or better yet an A-6 replacement)

Not sure the JSF program would be /was cheeper. Recent info from the GAO seams to indicate that it would have been cheeper to build three seperate aircraft, one each for the Airforce, the Navy and the Marines than it was to build the JSF. So in a world with F22 and F23s maybe we get a Simple F18 replacement (or better yet an A-6 replacement)

So an F-22, F-23, and an A-12?